Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises or Alexis, who is better?

Who is a better player?

• Moises

Votes: 126 96.2%
  • MacAllister

Votes: 5 3.8%

• Total voters

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
This thread will be clickbait for those despising Mac A as a traitor this week.

Their love for Caicedo will disappear in the moment he signs for another club.
Haven`t seen any reference to Alexis as a traitor ? Remember football at this level is big business.
Very few players remain at one club .We are lucky to have Tony at our helm !!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Haven`t seen any reference to Alexis as a traitor ? Remember football at this level is big business.
Very few players remain at one club .We are lucky to have Tony at our helm !!

There’s been quite a bit of bitterness from the same posters on repeat. From disbelief that it’s a sideways move to a club of the same stature these days, to “was he all that? Messi and Caicedo made him look good :lolol:

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
Reading some of the comments on the various threads this week, I'm not sure some people fully appreciate how good Mac Allister is. His ability to find space and always receive the ball into space puts him in that Xavi, Iniesta bracket where they just instinctively knit everything together. It was this level that made him such an important part of Argentina's world cup win.

Caicedo has many attributes in excess of Alexis, but not in all departments.
Completely agree with you.
A Few months ago my 12 year old showed me a video montage of a player and said to me, 'this is who Maca reminds me of', the player in the video was Iniesta.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Both guilty of losing the ball in midfield leading to goals or big chances in the last few games. Both get away with it here although at a higher level it will be called out. Caceido runs out of steam around 70 minutes on occasion and Mac’s finishing has been woefully bad this last season.
Both young both are still learning will be interesting to see them play for other clubs and how they work out.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Scored 5 in his final 21 games post World-Cup. For comparison, in the same period, in which his team lost just 2 of his 18 appearances, Kevin De Bruyne scored 4.

What are you talking about? He's a midfielder, not Harry Kane.
take away penalties and he's hugely underperforming xG and xGA - you'll see

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
FFS, he wasn't below par. I suggest you watch the Arsenal and Man Utd games back (among others) and see what he did for us. Absolutely ran those games, both when Moises wasn't playing.

And he was our top scorer this season, so I guess you are even more critical of Ferguson, Enciso, Welbeck, March, Mitoma et al?
penalty penalty penalty

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The answer to the original question is purely based on opinion, however Caisedo is more important to the way we play.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
The question is possibly which player we would miss the most…?
Moises for me. Alex is a very good player of course, but Moises is so important in what he does for the team. One of, if not the best all round defensive player we have seen in an Albion shirt.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Moises might be the best player we ever have play for us. Potential to be a generational talent. Alexis is very, very good but he’s not the level Moises is. Losing them both in the same summer would be pretty catastrophic for us

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I think this poll would be a lot closer if Alexis still played for us.
I don’t think so - Alexis is great, but there is something special about Moises. I remember the first time I saw him play and he was always in the right place at the right time - magic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here