Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Him and the other 2 can have a short holiday to get over their disappointment and then straight back to training injury free, perfect
I find it hard to believe it'll be that simple for them.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Didn't have a planned Cucurella replacement we had to buy one.

We don't have a Sanchez replacement. Or a Caceido replacement. Or a central defensive replacement. Or a Trossard replacement.

It shows the incredible power of the PR game that signing Caceido and pushing out a story about succession planning has been swallowed so widely as meaning we only sell if we have a replacement.

That's obviously not the case. What we do have is a hugely impressive recruitment team working off a seemingly sensational scouting database (Starlizard) who can identify targets quite quickly.

It'll be fine, i just think people need to calm the f*** down about us selling players.
PLANNED replacement. It doesn't *always* mean a player who is already at the club!

My guess is that there is a shortlist of players for each position and the club keeps tabs on them and buys at the right/best time. Sometimes it works perfectly (Bissouma/Caicedo), other times their hand is forced (Cucurella/Pervis).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Gutted for our boys, though I would have found England v Ecuador difficult. Proud of Moises for being our first World Cup Finals scorer. All three of our players acquitted themselves more than admirably. Well done lads.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Judging by the rumours in some press it appears we're losing big Bob, Trossard and Caciedo next month and all 3 to Chelsea!!
Estupinan and Mac Allister have also had mentions as well, to Juventus and Inter Milan respectively. Try not to get too upset until it happens - maybe it's just agent bollocks.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I saw the Inter rumour about Mac Allister, apparently available for 30 million Euros :rolleyes:
And they are apparently complaining they can't afford him at that price !

I blame the World Cup. Worst thing possible for picking up 23 year old internationals at sensible prices.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
never believe everything you read in the papers…
as if we could let all three go in January…

if we did, Chelsea will be well and truly rinsed then….
If we believed everything that press and that Romano said, Cucurella would be storming it at Man City. According to him it was a done deal, with personal terms and the fee agreed. He must have announced that about 5 times.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If we believed everything that press and that Romano said, Cucurella would be storming it at Man City. According to him it was a done deal, with personal terms and the fee agreed. He must have announced that about 5 times.
"Fabrizio Romano accused of plagiarism by De Telegraaf! "Romano is a kind of transfer guru, but he's the number 1 copy-paste [...] All of Europe thinks that Romano is above everyone, but he only steals exclusives from journos in all countries" said Marcel van der Kraan, Head of Sports at De Telegraaf"

"Mad how that Fabrizio Romano has carved out a niche for himself as more or less a full-time Twitter ITK. He doesn't actually write about football - he's just a relentless transfer scoop machine. Is he the first to make a living out of being an actual no bullshit ITK merchant?"

To top it all he supports Watford

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Exactly. According to various know-nothings in the media, by the end of January we'll be left with just the three central defenders plus Enciso, Lallana, Danny Welbeck and the tea lady. All the others will be at Chelsea/Liverpool/Tottenham/Inter. At least it's not Villa!

Seriously, the depth of these so-called journalists' 'knowledge' is laughable. One of them claimed that Ally Mac had been 'spotted' at the World Cup - as if every club in the big four leagues doesn't already have a scouting report on every player in all the others.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is he the first player in our history to score at a World Cup whilst being our player?
Yes. I was going to start a thread on it. But I found I had something in my eye.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here