Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have no problem with supporters of other teams posting on here, which is why I’ve never complained about other teams fans posting on here. I have no problem with your or any of our other fans going and keeping tabs on our loan players. I post frequently on a multi-team forum, so it would be hypocritical of me to be against that.

But that’s not what this thread is, is it? It’s a Liverpool fan who has read a Twitter rumour that they’re signing Caicedo and has decided “well that’s it, he’s basically ours then. Better go get the lowdown.” It’s the exact kind of weird arrogance I’d expect from a Top 6 club plastic. It’s the slightly more sophisticated version of some 14 year old on Twitter posting “why would he stay at a small club like Brighton when he could come to us 🤣🤣🤣

He hasn’t signed for them. They haven’t even officially made a bid for him. They might never bid for him, and this dweeb is here plugging us for information so he can look like he’s some football oracle to his equally dweeby mates when Caicedo inevitably signs for them.

If we were very loosely linked to a Championship player and it turned out one of our fans had signed up to the Blackburn Rovers forum to ask them for details I’d think they’re a bellend too.
Not too sure where I stand on Moises Caicedogate but I did enjoy that read.

Just gonna dock you 1 point for not throwing The Swan under that particular bus, as well.
It certainly seemed where you were heading.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm the same to be honest. I can't decide. The right thing is probably to be nice to a newbie not being particularly unpleasant. But at the same time, @Whitechapel is also absolutely spot on and makes a compelling case. Anyone announcing themselves as "<big 6 team> fan here in peace" marks themselves out as a bit of a cock.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I have no problem with supporters of other teams posting on here, which is why I’ve never complained about other teams fans posting on here. I have no problem with your or any of our other fans going and keeping tabs on our loan players. I post frequently on a multi-team forum, so it would be hypocritical of me to be against that.

But that’s not what this thread is, is it? It’s a Liverpool fan who has read a Twitter rumour that they’re signing Caicedo and has decided “well that’s it, he’s basically ours then. Better go get the lowdown.” It’s the exact kind of weird arrogance I’d expect from a Top 6 club plastic. It’s the slightly more sophisticated version of some 14 year old on Twitter posting “why would he stay at a small club like Brighton when he could come to us 🤣🤣🤣

He hasn’t signed for them. They haven’t even officially made a bid for him. They might never bid for him, and this dweeb is here plugging us for information so he can look like he’s some football oracle to his equally dweeby mates when Caicedo inevitably signs for them.

If we were very loosely linked to a Championship player and it turned out one of our fans had signed up to the Blackburn Rovers forum to ask them for details I’d think they’re a bellend too.
I think you really have got a problem! The guy has come on with a perfectly reasonable question - there have been rumours; how good is he? How much do you think he would cost? What on earth is wrong with that? As I said, this isn't Waccoe or Holmsdale.net.

I was on the Blackburn site quite a bit last season, on account of Van Hecke and Khadra - and also discussed perfectly amiccably the possibility - and the possible price - of us going in for Brereton-Diaz (I didn't think we would or should, BTW, but his potential value was still discussed). Nobody spat their dummy out about bigger clubs coming in and pillaging their best players!

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

Just gonna dock you 1 point for not throwing The Swan under that particular bus, as well.

Been a weird thread so far. Fair taking a point off him for missing a chance, but you need to award one back for the use of dweeb.

And Swannie's post correcting the short form of et cetera is exactly the pedantic content I'm here for.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

I'm the same to be honest. I can't decide. The right thing is probably to be nice to a newbie not being particularly unpleasant. But at the same time, @Whitechapel is also absolutely spot on and makes a compelling case. Anyone announcing themselves as "<big 6 team> fan here in peace" marks themselves out as a bit of a cock.

All I’m going to say is if a Chelsea fan had posted that exact message word for word then he’d have been called a bellend long before I saw this thread. It’s the same level of bellendery so he’s fair game. Gotta nip this sort of behaviour in the bud.

I think you really have got a problem! The guy has come on with a perfectly reasonable question - there have been rumours; how good is he? How much do you think he would cost? What on earth is wrong with that? As I said, this isn't Waccoe or Holmsdale.net.

I was on the Blackburn site quite a bit last season, on account of Van Hecke and Khadra - and also discussed perfectly amiccably the possibility - and the possible price - of us going in for Brereton-Diaz (I didn't think we would or should, BTW, but his potential value was still discussed). Nobody spat their dummy out about bigger clubs coming in and pillaging their best players!

Mate, I’d take most people on this forum saying I have a problem but didn’t you email Sky for not respecting the minutes silence for the queen when it turned out you’d paused your TV by 8 minutes?

If so then you should know more about a petty gripe being blown out of proportion than anybody!

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
Liverpool fan, and I come in peace!

Just hearing a few rogue Liverpool ITKS saying you guys are signing another Ecuadorian CM, with this I'm just curious if it's an addition or dealing with life after Moises.

Just looking for the opinion on Brightons side, I think it's pretty obvious Liverpool and others are keen, I imagine it'll take a pretty penny to get him and Brighton should be holding out for top.dollar by the sounds of it!

Another Q just what to expect from him should be come to the north?? Is he as good as people.say? Only seen him a limited amount of time!!

Cheers!!
Smell my pilchards

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Liverpool fan, and I come in peace!

Just hearing a few rogue Liverpool ITKS saying you guys are signing another Ecuadorian CM, with this I'm just curious if it's an addition or dealing with life after Moises.

Just looking for the opinion on Brightons side, I think it's pretty obvious Liverpool and others are keen, I imagine it'll take a pretty penny to get him and Brighton should be holding out for top.dollar by the sounds of it!

Another Q just what to expect from him should be come to the north?? Is he as good as people.say? Only seen him a limited amount of time!!
I’m not saying this to be flippant, but he’s far too good for Liverpool.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
All I’m going to say is if a Chelsea fan had posted that exact message word for word then he’d have been called a bellend long before I saw this thread. It’s the same level of bellendery so he’s fair game. Gotta nip this sort of behaviour in the bud.

Mate, I’d take most people on this forum saying I have a problem but didn’t you email Sky for not respecting the minutes silence for the queen when it turned out you’d paused your TV by 8 minutes?

If so then you should know more about a petty gripe being blown out of proportion than anybody!

Please tell me that pausing thing is true. That is hilarious 😂

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I’d love to see Caicedo in the (Nike version of) Stripes until at least summer 2024.

Aside from the very 2022 thing of EPL money, let’s enjoy a potentially world class player rule midfield battles for another 60 games for us.
I absolutely cannot see us selling him in January, and we did get an additional year out of Bissouma and White after "good" bids, so it isn't preposterous.

He is currently contracted until 2025 so I think it is very likely, providing he has a good rest of the season, that he waltzes off to a top club next summer (2023) and we get serious money for him - it should be one of the top 20 most expensive signings of all time.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Apparently, his dream move is to The London Cowboys.
Sauce?

Like a lot of these 'dream move' type of headlines, they are media driven shit stirring bollox.

Media Hack: Would you consider a link up with Potter at Chelsea on 10x your current wages, playing in the Champions League, a bit of a dream move?

Caicedo: Yes.

Headline = Caicedo dream move is to leave Brighton for the twunts.

No idea if this is the case, but seen the above too many times to get upset about media BS.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Media Hack: Would you consider a link up with Potter at Chelsea
Caicedo: Yes.
Media Hack: You're leaving it a little late.
Would have been a more accurate conversation.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
The club usually has a planned replacement. Who is the one to replace Caicedo?
Didn't have a planned Cucurella replacement we had to buy one.

We don't have a Sanchez replacement. Or a Caceido replacement. Or a central defensive replacement. Or a Trossard replacement.

It shows the incredible power of the PR game that signing Caceido and pushing out a story about succession planning has been swallowed so widely as meaning we only sell if we have a replacement.

That's obviously not the case. What we do have is a hugely impressive recruitment team working off a seemingly sensational scouting database (Starlizard) who can identify targets quite quickly.

It'll be fine, i just think people need to calm the f*** down about us selling players.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Didn't have a planned Cucurella replacement we had to buy one.
Not strictly true as the club had their eye on Perv for a while and moved quickly when they had to. I am certain Perv actually said the club had been in contact with him for a year before hand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here