Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I wonder if the club or Caceido himself will release a statement when the window closes?

Would surely be a wise move by the young lad (confirming his continued commitment to the club, or dare I say an apology)

I’m confident he will get a good reception Saturday and we all move forward…. but something from him beforehand would be a good move IMO.

New contract? Be amazing but I guess unlikely.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I wonder if the club or Caceido himself will release a statement when the window closes?

Would surely be a wise move by the young lad (confirming his continued commitment to the club, or dare I say an apology)

I’m confident he will get a good reception Saturday and we all move forward…. but something from him beforehand would be a good move IMO.

New contract? Be amazing but I guess unlikely.
He will be reporting early tomorrow for social media policy refresher training!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I know that he's a proper journalist, but I don't get what he gets out of spouting this stuff, other than a bigger ego? Or is he on the take from agents?

As for the transfer window as a whole, I was amazed to hear that Spanish La Liga clubs combined had spent less than £30m in this window – 14 (I think) have done no business at all!
I think he gets paid by more than (players) agents. I suspect there's an income there from certain clubs (let's call them those that want to set up a Super League) for Fab to unsettle players that they want to sign. Arsenal might just have slipped him a brown envelope this window.

Reactions: cjd

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don’t get me wrong old boy, I’d love him to stay, but a fractured dressing room is counterproductive, if he gets his head right great, unfortunately with the money on offer and the agent constantly playing the shithousery role that’s a big ask.
Once the window is shut, what shithousery can the agent do? The agent will simply hope he goes in the summer, there's not a lot of point in the agent whining for the next 4 months.

Given the sums of money we're talking about (not just his potential sale fee, but also his value to the club in the meantime) then it makes sense for the club to do what they can to keep everyone working together. And it's in Caicedo's interest to play well for the next 4 months. I don't see why you think it's unlikely he can continue to work well with the club, when others have managed it before.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Going on?

First time I’ve mentioned those exact words, he’s not the first Albion player to have his head turned and he clearly won’t be the last, it’s just the timing doesn’t help.
I trust RDZ and he has said Caicedo was poorly advised, is a 'good guy' and the club needs him to stay for the rest of the season if we are to challenge for a European place. That suggests he thinks there will be no fall out if/when the player returns to training. I think the manager and owner have a better idea of the situation than we do so we really should go with that, rather than being so 'trigger-happy.....'

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It looks like skybet have called it a day and closed the market. Excellent.
Splendid. 😎

23E8589F-3425-471C-BBBC-2172B2C2875F.jpeg

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Don’t get me wrong old boy, I’d love him to stay, but a fractured dressing room is counterproductive, if he gets his head right great, unfortunately with the money on offer and the agent constantly playing the shithousery role that’s a big ask.
FFS Harty what are you on. First your stupid article and now this, have you lost your mind?

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I know that he's a proper journalist, but I don't get what he gets out of spouting this stuff, other than a bigger ego? Or is he on the take from agents?

As for the transfer window as a whole, I was amazed to hear that Spanish La Liga clubs combined had spent less than £30m in this window – 14 (I think) have done no business at all!
I think he only gets to call himself a journalist due to the very low bar by what we get to call journalists these days. I'm fairly certain most of his 'news' is just aggregated from other stuff churned in the cesspit.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Has Harty actually lost the plot the past 48 hours? Stick to the day job mate 🤦🏼🤦🏼

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
There’s no evidence to suggest Moises will cause trouble in the dressing room, everyone who talks about him says he’s a humble and harmless guy with a very laid back personality.

His statement stunt was highly unprofessional, and extremely out of character, I’m almost certain orchestrated by his agent trying to force the move but equally he must take some blame for allowing that to go out.

My bet is, they will make up, few social media posts and he will continue to be a very important player for us until he leaves during the summer when we have a chance to adequately replace him.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
There’s no evidence to suggest Moises will cause trouble in the dressing room, everyone who talks about him says he’s a humble and harmless guy with a very laid back personality.

His statement stunt was highly unprofessional, and extremely out of character, I’m almost certain orchestrated by his agent trying to force the move but equally he must take some blame for allowing that to go out.

My bet is, they will make up, few social media posts and he will continue to be a very important player for us until he leaves during the summer when we have a chance to adequately replace him.
I agree with all of that.

But, and I freely admit to a bit of wishful thinking, I do wonder if the difficulty he has caused, may cause him to reconsider when the summer comes. We shall see.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
There won’t be a fractured dressing room. The players know the game. It only becomes an issue if he doesn’t pull his weight in training (forever now known as doing a Trossard) and in matches.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here