Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
"whilst recruiting a legitimate short term quality replacement, and by that I mean signing someone established rather than taking another punt."

Yeah, how hard can it be to get a 'quality' (but immediately available) replacement, but just for the short-term and on modest wages (so it doesn't unsettle the entire squad/set-up) and get them fully up-to-speed with RDZ's intricate, possession-based team tactics in time for the game against Bournemouth on Saturday, eh? EH?

I'm sure you can think of dozens of suitable players, but forgot to name any?!
From the man who wrote an article saying we should go for Pochettino in the Summer. Another one who just cant' grasp the model.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I understand that writers sometimes have to take a contrary position to the general sentiment in order to drive traffic and encourage people to engage with the article and the writer. But I really struggle to think people really think it's in our best interests to "take the money". On the face of one deal, yes it arguably is. But it's not just about Caicedo, it's about when clubs in for Mitoma and Mac Allister and (in 2 years time) Kozlowski. We need to have a very clear precedent - what we say goes. We were prepared to deal on Trossard because of his contract situation and the relative cover in the squad. We aren't prepared to deal on Caicedo and when we say that publicly, it has to be backed up.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
"whilst recruiting a legitimate short term quality replacement, and by that I mean signing someone established rather than taking another punt."

Yeah, how hard can it be to get a 'quality' (but immediately available) replacement, but just for the short-term and on modest wages (so it doesn't unsettle the entire squad/set-up) and get them fully up-to-speed with RDZ's intricate, possession-based team tactics in time for the game against Bournemouth on Saturday, eh? EH?

I'm sure you can think of dozens of suitable players, but forgot to name any?!
Last time we panic bought we ended paying £15m for Locadia, presumably with wages in the region of 8-9m over the next 4.5 years.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
This is what we mustn't forget, (and no doubt I will offend someone on here :)) this is a lad, the youngest of 12 from, with the greatest respect, not the best part of Ecuador
Why would you even buy this for a second? The maths is simple: -

Average monthly wage in Ecuador is 480 US Dollars;
x 14 (12 siblings + parents) = $6,720 a month - $80,640 per annum;
$80,640 = £65,090.

If the estimates of Caicedo's wages (£15,000 per week - the reports of £3,500 were from last season) are to be believed, he's earning £780,000 a year - 11.98 times the average combined salary of a family of 14 people all working full time in Ecuador.

In other words, he could already give each of his siblings and his parents three times the average annual salary in Ecuador to add to whatever they are earning a year themselves and he'd still have half a million quid a year for himself.

In other words he's already earning life changing money and what the agent wrote for him to say was a manipulation of the situation designed to engender sympathy for his client from those happy to take things at face value.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
My tiny mind is still trying to compute that we've turned down a offer in the region of £70 million quid for one of our players,I seriously need to rid myself of the memory of chucking a few quid in save our club tins.

If we hold out and I sincerely hope we do for me it would mean so much more than simply keeping a bloody good player,it would I hope finally convince me we're actually serious about trying to get a top 7 finish.

Caciedo may get the hump for a bit but it's not like he's going to be on minimum wage for 5 months is it.

Hold the nerve .

americas got talent wtf GIF by NBC

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Dazzer said that any player trying to force Tony's hand wouldn't work out well for them. I just said that's simply not true, nothing else.
I think the point people were trying to make is the lack of cause and effect. That is, them agitating for a move wasn't what led to the moves. I think that argument is stronger with Cucurella

Cucurella's agitation for a move to Man City was fruitless. Then Chelsea came a long with a ridiculous offer and it was accepted. Remove the agitating for a move and things play out exactly the same.

Trossard is a better example for you I think, if we include the contract situation. Up to £27m for a player soon to be out of contract, not willing to sign a new deal with his age is a good deal. One we probably would have accepted if he had continued to train well. So while I don't think the refusing to train led to the deal happening (which is I think what others are saying), his refusal to sign a new deal did, and that could be included as agitating for a move if one was so inclined.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Am I right in thinking there is no coincidence that Caicedo is coming back to training THE MORNING AFTER the transfer deadline?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The club has handled this really well. If the Arse want him, they must make us an offer we can't refuse. Simple. Stop pissing about and f*** off. Moises will come back to a warm reception from the squad and it will soon be forgotten about. His agent needs a quiet word.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Why would you even buy this for a second? The maths is simple: -

Average monthly wage in Ecuador is 480 US Dollars;
x 14 (12 siblings + parents) = $6,720 a month - $80,640 per annum;
$80,640 = £65,090.

If the estimates of Caicedo's wages (£15,000 per week - the reports of £3,500 were from last season) are to be believed, he's earning £780,000 a year - 11.98 times the average combined salary of a family of 14 people all working full time in Ecuador.

In other words, he could already give each of his siblings and his parents three times the avarage annual salary in Ecuador to add to whatever they are earning a year themselves and he'd still have half a million quid a year for himself.

In other words he's already earning life changing money and what the agent wrote for him to say was a manipulation of the situation designed to engender sympathy for his client from those happy to take things at face value.
You also forget the fact that he's one of 10 siblings, not 12 as this 'article' suggests.
The analysis is even worse than the research!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I tend to agree but aren't we supposed to be nice to each other now?
I'm actually quite kind to vulnerable and low-confidence people who might be affected by such criticism in normal life. However, whilst don't know Harty personally, he appears to be the sort of person that can accept that people disagree with him without giving too much of shit.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone can write an article for Sussex World (and write their own headline). Give it a go...just click on the Submit Your Story tab at the top of Lenny's article.

I assume you get paid for number of clicks?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The club has handled this really well. If the Arse want him, they must make us an offer we can't refuse. Simple. Stop pissing about and f*** off. Moises will come back to a warm reception from the squad and it will soon be forgotten about. His agent needs a quiet word.
I imagine his agent might not be given the warmest welcome in Equador now that he's made a right pig's ear of this episode. Ma and Pa Caicedo might be starting to ask just what Manuel Sierra actually knows about football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here