Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Oh Harty. You wrote this when you thought he was leaving, and you're trying to make yourself feel better about it, right? I confess to thinking the same briefly, although I haven't broadcast it to thousands. But the board are standing up for us and the club. It's easy to just fold when the board would not get any blame for selling our stars, harder to stand firm with the gaze of the football world on you. They need the local media to be on their side. Naylor for once is playing a blinder on this.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Brighton has rejected Arse’s most recent offer £70m (£65+add ons) - (may not be news to some but David Ornstein is a bit more of a reliable news source than some of the c*rap that’s been quoted previously on this thread)

Red Squirrel

Oct 13, 2022
The Highlands
just tuned into Sky Sports News briefly. Their review of yesterdays game focused on how amazing we are. Then eventually it talked about Liverpool. On the transfer show, they talked about Caicedo, how the deal is unlikely, where Arsenal go from here and then about how amazing we are and our transfer strategy. I think the penny has dropped and Tony's stance has gained a lot of respect. UTA!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Think we need a clown emoji added to the website
Hot Shots Idiot GIF

Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Your article has failed to mention the precedent that this would set with any other players that have 2.5 years left on their contract.
It looks like you're saying if they want to leave, accept a reasonable amount and let them have their wish rather than being an unhappy employee.

We might as well become a 40million Poundland and let anyone come and buy Mac Allister, Mitoma, Caicedo, Sanchez when ever they want a top quality player for a set price that they feel is reasonable.
The only requirement being that the player's agent needs to say the player is unhappy and has decided he wants to go and play for the team of his dreams.

Harty, I can only think you must have been on some kind of deadline and was asked to knock out so many words by a certain time and didn't have time to check what you had just written.

Although in fairness, if it was clickbait that you needed it looks like your article was successful in achieving it.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

"whilst recruiting a legitimate short term quality replacement, and by that I mean signing someone established rather than taking another punt."

Yeah, how hard can it be to get a 'quality' (but immediately available) replacement, but just for the short-term and on modest wages (so it doesn't unsettle the entire squad/set-up) and get them fully up-to-speed with RDZ's intricate, possession-based team tactics in time for the game against Bournemouth on Saturday, eh? EH?

I'm sure you can think of dozens of suitable players, but forgot to name any?!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Your article has failed to mention the precedent that this would set with any other players that have 2.5 years left on their contract.
It looks like you're saying if they want to leave, accept a reasonable amount and let them have their wish rather than being an unhappy employee.

We might as well become a 40million Poundland and let anyone come and buy Mac Allister, Mitoma, Caicedo, Sanchez when ever they want a top quality player for a set price that they feel is reasonable.
The only requirement being that the player's agent needs to say the player is unhappy and has decided he wants to go and play for the team of his dreams.

Harty, I can only think you must have been on some kind of deadline and was asked to knock out so many words by a certain time and didn't have time to check what you had just written.

Although in fairness, if it was clickbait that you needed it looks like your article was successful in achieving it.

3.5 years
apparently we have a one year option as well

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Dreadful. An "article" entitled "Why Tony Bloom and Brighton should take the money" followed by a load of crappy waffle that barely answers the question.

Dear oh dear.
Are you not familiar with his work? Or, what might be more likely, a VERY poor choice of headline by a sub (if they have them there) at Sussex World?

I've seen more accuracy from the Sunday Sussex Chronicle :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here