Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
There is one player that comes out of the Cucarella, Trossard and Caicedo transfer sagas looking classy and professional.

Yves Bissouma.

And Ben White.

Could easily have had a sook when we kept him for a season but was a total pro about it.

So was Burn, we could have turned down his move and he'd have got back to work and also acted like a total pro.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I’m assuming that is his agent writing that bollocks. Whoever it is, it is patronising, condescending and downright rude. I hope our club does everything it can to curtail players and agents calling the shots, contracts need to be more enforceable.
Ok this is a bit left-field and probably mad, but what would happen if our club made a statement that if any player makes a statement like Caicedo's that a) the player immediately withdraws the statement and publicaly announces their commitment to the club or b) our club will never work with their agent representing them again - ie, they stay for the remainder of their contract, or they change agent. As I say it's probably mad, but it would make it completely pointless for an agent to let their player go public. The player would be able to leave still, but the agent wouldn't get a penny.

More beer anyone?

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
This thread is a really interesting read.

Fascinating to see what happens in the next few days.

I think arsenal have played this well. They will get him for £70m maybe even 65m with let's say 5/10m add ons. Club will spin this as good business.

Brighton just don't dig their heels in with kids. It's a clever statement from caciedos team. If we hold onto him now we look like slave owners, the optics are pretty terrible. Forget about the 'truth' in a situation like this for the outside world.

It's a poor black kids word against a billionaire jew owner.
You have an extremely vivid imagination. The phrase ‘billionaire Jew owner’ comes from you and you alone. Have you been waiting for an opportunity to use it ?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Meh

Recent history suggests bloom has folded fairly recently ..... Trossy for starters .
Depends how you look at it. My feeling with Trossard is RDZ didn’t want him and that paved the way for the move to happen, not TB folding.

£60m for Cucurella wasn’t folding, it was great business given Pervis came in. £50m in a summer window for White after seeing off Leeds interest wasn’t folding either.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Was clear Trossard was already kinda out of the team and the sudden emergence of Ferguson plus return of Welbz sealed the deal for him

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So;

Caicedo is 21 years old

He is on amazing money but crap compared to what he could be earning on Wednesday, which will make him and his family rich beyond their wildest dreams.

And he has the chance to be in the team that probably wins the Premier League this season.

Or he could stay - get injured and lose all that

Forget agents, managers, and all the other noise.

What would you choose?
If the club accepted Arsenal's bid, I'd choose the payrise and chance to win the title. But if the club said 'the bid is too low' I'd accept that. I'd also consider signing a new contract which would make my family rich beyond their wildest dreams (which they're going to be anyway if you're being honest) that includes a fair release clause.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's a poor black kids word against a billionaire jew owner.
Can I just check, is this an approximation of a quote from somewhere? Because if not, I think it's a really unacceptable comment (yes, I'm aware that you're suggesting others could take that view, but the comment is still from you, and it's offensive).

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
How about we offer him a new contract with a pay rise so he can support his siblings back home. Maybe 80k a week which keeps him going positively until the summer. Include a release clause for the amount we would accept. He would go in the summer anyway so we might as well make it formal for whatever price we deem acceptable and then if he stays we get happy player. Only about 20 weeks so less than 2 million quid but worth it to get higher league place than rotting in under 23s.

I doubt he would sign it but if we tell him the price then up to him to make others realise he is worth it.

Sorted. Make me chairman.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I really hope we’re spared all these histrionics when the inevitable happens and the serious offers for Mac Allister start coming in. He seems far too respectful and professional to engage in all this hoopla. We know players will go but it really leaves a sour taste if they force it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
How about we offer him a new contract with a pay rise so he can support his siblings back home. Maybe 80k a week which keeps him going positively until the summer. Include a release clause for the amount we would accept. He would go in the summer anyway so we might as well make it formal for whatever price we deem acceptable and then if he stays we get happy player. Only about 20 weeks so less than 2 million quid but worth it to get higher league place than rotting in under 23s.

I doubt he would sign it but if we tell him the price then up to him to make others realise he is worth it.

Sorted. Make me chairman.
I have a funny feeling that amongst the options the club is considering, this is near the top :wink:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here