Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Or someone who is just dumb!!! Back in the real world.
Really? If someone gave me an opportunity, paid me well and nurtured and looked after me and within a year or so someone else gave me the opportunity to triple my wages I'd show some loyalty to the person who gave me the chance even if it meant a bit of short term loss. Not everyone is driven by greed.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Have you read some of the comments on twitter ?
The majority of football fans on Twitter think Caicedo is on £3.5K/week, so of course many think it's "modern day slavery".

Can't take all that seriously.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This thread is a really interesting read.

Fascinating to see what happens in the next few days.

I think arsenal have played this well. They will get him for £70m maybe even 65m with let's say 5/10m add ons. Club will spin this as good business.

Brighton just don't dig their heels in with kids. It's a clever statement from caciedos team. If we hold onto him now we look like slave owners, the optics are pretty terrible. Forget about the 'truth' in a situation like this for the outside world.

It's a poor black kids word against a billionaire jew owner.
I would have thought this can only be judged if the player actually signs for him……..

Re the last sentence i dont really understand the point you are trying to make

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think the lads in the squad who liked his post initially have now retracted their likes.

They have I highly expect been told in no uncertain terms that it is unacceptable.
Not - Evan’s at least is still there

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I don’t blame MC by the way. To try and bring forward by 6 months a massive wage increase is a rational financial move. It’s just TB shouldn’t allow it unless it suits him and the club and now does not need to be that time.
I see this somewhat differently. Over the length of his career, waiting until the season is over to gain a significant wage increase is not unreasonable. In many jobs that are well paid, if you want to move there will a 3 or 6 month notice period, so looking at a proposed move in that light, then staying until the end of the season is not unreasonable.

I just wonder if a move to Arsenal is just seen as an easy route to get a PL winners medal.

This whole saga when combined with the Trossard issues just shows how broken football is.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
21m + add ons is pretty damn cheap for someone of trossards calibre isn't it ?
Have you read some of the comments on twitter ?
21 Million plus good add ons for a 28 year old who turns up one game in two and would have to have an unwanted extension triggered to be in contract in the summer is good business.

There are people on Twitter who think the earth's flat.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
21m + add ons is pretty damn cheap for someone of trossards calibre isn't it ?
He had what 50 odd more games he would have played for us based on running down contract. I assume add ons will come into play so assume 25 million. So basically been paid 500k per match he will miss. That isn’t bad for someone not currently first choice imho

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Not at all , in my post #4002 i say what you have said , i agree MC has to share the blame , but i draw the line at calling what agents do "a job" .

1/ Tell your client exactly what he wants to hear .
2/ Lie to everyone , especially your client .
3/ Stir as much disinformation-Inuendo and controversy as possible .
4/ Never under any circumstances tell either club the truth .
5/ Make sure the deal benefits you before the client .
6/ Rinse and repeat as often as possible as to earn as many fees as possible .
Sure, but it’s not exactly a confidential job description, is it. Caicedo knew what he was buying when he employed the agent.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Meh

Recent history suggests bloom has folded fairly recently ..... Trossy for starters .
mildly interesting that Mirror journo John Cross replied to Naylor’s tweet saying “we need more Tony Blooms in football. Absolutely the right thing to do”. IIRC he’s Arsenal through and through. Heartening that at least some people still seem to have some unease about clubs engineering transfers in such a shabby way. Doesn’t help at all, sadly.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Really? If someone gave me an opportunity, paid me well and nurtured and looked after me and within a year or so someone else gave me the opportunity to triple my wages I'd show some loyalty to the person who gave me the chance even if it meant a bit of short term loss. Not everyone is driven by greed.
In that case he'd still play for Independiente del Valle

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The narrative from loss of oppo fans is insane.

“You only paid 5 million so not accepting 60 million is ridiculous”

That would be like a record expert going to a market stall and finding the first release of a Beatles album and buying it for five quid and then a collector of Beatles memorabilia demanding they sell it for 60 quid. Just because you buy something cheap doesn’t mean it isn’t worth more to someone else!
It's worse than that. It's like you bought a classic car for a grand and then spent 40 grand restoring it, to then be told you should sell it cheap as it only cost a grand.

It's not that the top clubs can't find young talent, but developing them into top players doesn't just take coaching, it takes playing them in the first team in the PL. We do that with lots of players, and whilst they develop we drop some points. The top clubs can't afford to drop those points so it's better for them for us to raise the player's game. But then they have to pay for that.

Of course top clubs can buy talent and loan them out so that someone else can bed them in, but most clubs they'd loan to can't coach and develop a player as well as Brighton can, thanks to both our training facilities, coaching staff, and the style and level of football we play. Of course it wasn't like that for us just a few years ago, but that's how it is now.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Do you wish we hadn't signed him? Do you think Tony wishes we hadn't signed him?

And it's not clear to me that he's being a dickhead. He's had his head turned and nonsense fed to him from his agent. Hopefully he'll still be good for the rest of the season,
Absolutely not. Wonderful signing but he is rightly being called out for using the internet to try to force Tony’s hand. That is dickhead behaviour. As to the training thing it has subsequently become clear that the club asked him not to come in. That is different to what was being reported at the time. I very much doubt that he has had his head turned by his agent. He (nobody else) appointed this new agent very recently. There will be a reason for that and it is entirely reasonable for the agent to line up deals in line with that appointment. It is also entirely reasonable for Tony to tell them where they can go.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think arsenal have played this well. They will get him for £70m maybe even 65m with let's say 5/10m add ons. Club will spin this as good business.
I don't think they will get him for £70m, or £65m+ £5/10m.

Brighton just don't dig their heels in with kids.
But they have.

It's a clever statement from caciedos team.
It is not.

If we hold onto him now we look like slave owners, the optics are pretty terrible.
No we don't, no they aren't.

Forget about the 'truth' in a situation like this for the outside world.

It's a poor black kids word against a billionaire jew owner.
Jesus, what a load of shit you talk. I'd like to be as poor as Caicedo.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Again, I don't have a problem with RDZ generally speaking but I'm also not one who'd buy scented candles smelling like his farts. The man has flaws like everyone else and his big mouth is not doing the club any favours, imo.

Well better people be honest in the open than conniving behind the clubs back in private ala Potter.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
IF we sell Caicedo this window we should ask the buying club for 100 per cent up front cash and none of the payment over 5 years stuff and a 50 per cent sell on clause plus add-on and not less than £90m and and and anything else that would stimy the deal . . . at least until the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here