Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The ‘succession planning’ is working fine - as long as we keep players at essential moments. This is a pivotal one. Keep him till June and we send a message we are serious contenders. Sell him now, with a chance of Top Six, and we send a message that we are a feeder club.
Nail on head. PB or DW need to speak to the rest of the senior players and explain that none of this will affect their ambitions when the time and the offer is right - but that this is taking the p*ss, is disrespectful to them as well as the club and that the club will be holding Caicedo to his contract.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Honestly not sure where the £100m price tag came from but seems popular. I actually think the real tag is a little less.

Right now I personally wouldnt accept anything under £150m

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The fact Brighton are briefing the ‘wont sell’ story so wide, I really, really hope they stick to that

mugstud

Jan 28, 2012
When I first read it this morning I thought “agent trying to force a move” but reading it back now it reads more like a genuine message of thanks and goodbye like a deal has been done rather than someone begging to be let go.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m assuming that is his agent writing that bollocks. Whoever it is, it is patronising, condescending and downright rude. I hope our club does everything it can to curtail players and agents calling the shots, contracts need to be more enforceable.
Contracts have enough enforceability.

It’s whether the owning club is minded to resist the pressure.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

Attachments

• cocooning-black-and-white.gif
    cocooning-black-and-white.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 53

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Fair enough.
I would look at earning four to five times more money by Wednesday
It would hurt a bit to say goodbye to a couple of mates but hey ho.
I would be worried that I could get a long term injury before Wednesday which would put at risk my ability to earn four or five times my current salary
Respect and loyalty left football many many years ago
Sad but true

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
All fine but he doesn’t actually hold any of the cards. He can want what he likes but he is under contract. This is not comparable to you or I getting a better job offer because we do not get given contracts of several years duration. Well, I don’t anyway.
Yeah - not the way football works though. If Caicedo wants to go he’ll be off. Contracts are worthless nowadays.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here