Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He's just a child and 4 months is forever. When you tell a teenager they can't go to the party because we're going to Grandma's it is the end of the world, they can't perceive another party will come along in a week or two. As for contingency planning, it is taking the piss to expect us to have a world class DM lined up after 26 games.
Entirely this, because when the contingency plan is continue requiring another contingency plan such is the rapidity of players being poached, it tends to dump you at the other end of the table eventually! Bloom and co have worked miracles. But we forget they’re human sometimes and that genie likes a night in the old lamp from time to time too

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Tis football isn't it.

Independiente fans have been through it, Bohemians fans also when we signed Ferguson "Premier League clubs with too much money and not morals".

Why are we different in this? This is exactly what we signed up for.

Over to you recruitment team.
Agreed but it’s the amount of players and noise from journos via agents etc in such a short space of time. I’ve honestly lost enthusiasm for it all since reading that ‘statement’. And that’s with us 6th in the f***ing prem ffs. I’m sure it’ll come back, but don’t know many clubs esp top level who have had this many players poached in such a short space of time - let alone management team etc of 7. Hard to take and can’t just say ‘it’s football’ with this many.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There is quite a lot of pushback from the more serious journalists this morning. Which is nice.
You can't on the one hand commend a club on their scouting, recruitment and general organisation on the one hand and on the other demand they sell their assets for less than their market value.
Definitely…..plenty of examples. Almost like the club might be briefing 😉

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Or was it liked by thier agents?
Well they are still there 12 hours later. And none of what I’d say ‘pros’ agents seemed to have done the same

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Let’s be very clear on the agent thing

- he had representation in South America with 3 or 4 different parties claiming partial representation of him.

- this made the task of us signing him very difficult and was one reason Man Utd walked away.

- Caicedo proactively looked to make this arrangement easier by serving notice to his previous representatives and seeking out new, European based ones - the only reason to do this is make any future move easier and more transparent.

Moises or his family knew exactly what they were doing by making this change
Do they though. Or have agents promised the earth to him and his family? I doubt him / his family have had much dealings with multi million pound contracts before and, unfortunately, it seems like his new agency have taken full advantage

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Yeah - I remember when Tony wanted to keep Dale Stephens one January when he was at his peak.

He had a ‘once in a lifetime’ opportunity to play in the Premier League. Dale downed tools and put a statement out on social media. I was in Newcastle at the game when he didn’t make the squad and was furious. We lost. I could see a massive difference in our midfield without Dale pulling the strings.

But as you say, player/agent power always trumps our Tony, or does it?

Tony stuck to his guns.

Dale stayed and helped to ultimately win us promotion. You don’t know Tony very well at all do you.
Thought is was Reading

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Do they though. Or have agents promised the earth to him and his family? I doubt him / his family have had much dealings with multi million pound contracts before and, unfortunately, it seems like his new agency have taken full advantage
Why make the change unless there is a reason. Like you say if they promised ‘the earth’ then that doesn’t come with ‘actually I’m alright where I am thanks’

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I’d choose to stay at the club that opened the doors for at least a few more months ffs. No excuses. These posts and theories irk me - he’s 21 and will be clearly good enough to have a glittering career in say 4 years. I would 100% choose to stay and show some respect and loyalty - you?
He's a player in a contact sport, he could an ACL next week,

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Can't see us letting him go and need to make a stance that we will not just roll over. It has to be right for the player and the CLUB, who hold his contract.

Saying that, I thought the same about Cucurella and look how that turned out.

Bye Caicedo, it's been fun..

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The more I read of this saga the more I think that Caicedo is the pawn in all of this. Yes, he’s naive and easily led, but I think his agent is the one who is 100% pulling the strings and dear, silly Moises is the patsy. I would like to believe that the club will not sell him (yet) and that Caicedo is taken to one side and given a good talking to about his responsibilities to his employer, his team mates, the coach and the fans. He might then realise what a complete shitfest he’s created and hopefully knuckle down, show everyone what a damn good player he is, and ultimately, be more professional in the way he conducts himself should any future offers come his way.

I suppose one can only dream if this scenario takes place.
How does a 21 year old with probably very little in the way of worldly experience realise that the agent he entrusts with his career is only interested in generating a deal, from which he'll pocket a life-changing amount of commission? The agent might well say he's looking after his client's interests, but he's looking after his own interests first. That's what agents do

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Why make the change unless there is a reason. Like you say if they promised ‘the earth’ then that doesn’t come with ‘actually I’m alright where I am thanks’
Spot on players get far too easy a ride in these situation make no mistake an agent is acting on a players behalf and often under instruction. Moises knows exactly what he is doing here.

el punal

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If he's a generational powerhouse talent, why would we let him go for £60m? It's not like he goes for free in the summer. And so what if it's Arsenal or Chelsea? Unless there's some rule I don't know about.

It just doesn't make sense to sell him until the summer.

Excatly this.

Leicester recently made Chelsea pay £75m for Fofana. Shakhtar made Chelsea pay £89m for a player unproven in the Premier League.

Moises has a much better international record than both of those AND has outperformed Big Six midfields on a number of occasions in the Premier League. He looks an astonishing bargain at £60m compared to those purchases (and the Cucu transfer).

I remember the Manure away fixture where he was so many levels up on McTominay, the only option the nasty scotch had was to try and seriously injure him (which he failed to do).

Add that to the fact that we have no like-for-like replacement and that his value will go up if he continues at the same level for us, it seem unlikely he’ll go.

Also, FFP re-sets another year for the Big Six in July, there will be more teams than just Chelsea and Arsenal wanting him.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It's a poor black kids word
So;

Caicedo is 21 years old

He is on amazing money but crap compared to what he could be earning on Wednesday, which will make him and his family rich beyond their wildest dreams.

And he has the chance to be in the team that probably wins the Premier League this season.

Or he could stay - get injured and lose all that

Forget agents, managers, and all the other noise.

What would you choose?
I’d remember it was my choice to sign the contract that means I can’t leave but also protects me if I do get injured. I’d try to mutually agree a break in that which was reasonable for both sides. Most of all, I’d show some respect to the people that helped put me in such a fantastic position by choosing to do it all privately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here