Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So;

Caicedo is 21 years old

He is on amazing money but crap compared to what he could be earning on Wednesday, which will make him and his family rich beyond their wildest dreams.

And he has the chance to be in the team that probably wins the Premier League this season.

Or he could stay - get injured and lose all that

Forget agents, managers, and all the other noise.

What would you choose?
Honestly? Truly honestly? As a young man you want everything right now, unless you are particularly sensible and/or well advised. MC certainly ain’t well advised right now. The medal? Would not really be deserved now would it, just jumping onto a bandwagon really. The money? I’m sure TB would be happy to pay him a LOT more for the next few months. Injury? This is possible but a career ending one is highly unlikely, anyway, a good insurance policy should offset the worst of that.

I really do believe it would be better for him, as well as us, if he gets his head down for the next few months, continues to impress and ups his price, and then almost gets to choose who his new employer will be.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This one will be getting knocked back very quickly as well. Guessing this is the club record offer they were referring to

Like this?

Attachments

• 4A4DA506-1EF9-4BB4-951A-9392F65B5DA5.jpeg
    4A4DA506-1EF9-4BB4-951A-9392F65B5DA5.jpeg
    14.4 KB · Views: 61

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I hope Tony does stick to his guns but it’s not comparable mate.

This is Arsenal/Chelsea and everything else that entails and nearly £100m, the price of the Amex, not Burnley and £7m. Plus a it’s generational, international midfield powerhouse talent in Caicedo, not a ten a penny, lower PL/Championship midfield plodder in the nicest possible way.
If he's a generational powerhouse talent, why would we let him go for £60m? It's not like he goes for free in the summer. And so what if it's Arsenal or Chelsea? Unless there's some rule I don't know about.

It just doesn't make sense to sell him until the summer.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
What does that mean?
We promise exciting young players a platform to parade their talent in the Prem addict they wouldn't otherwise get from another club. And we promise to let them move if bigger clubs come in for them for big money.

Without that, these guys would join the bigger clubs in the first place and live with loans and the odd cup game.

We're not buying cheap to sell high (balance sheet) we're promising an accelerated pathway to the top (recruitment strategy).

Sadly, it's too effective and were being pillaged.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
He's just a child and 4 months is forever. When you tell a teenager they can't go to the party because we're going to Grandma's it is the end of the world, they can't perceive another party will come along in a week or two. As for contingency planning, it is taking the piss to expect us to have a world class DM lined up after 26 games.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Despite trawling through this thread, can't see the post from MC saying he wants away? Can someone repost please?
It’s on his Instagram and Twitter, but the wording is strange and his home town spelled incorrectly, so the general consensus is, his agent wrote it.

el punal

I share your frustration but I guess my calmness is simply down to a what will be, will be attitude.

Like it or not we're always going to be bullied by the 'bigboys' to some degree but at least we're getting healthy fees and more often than not our talented players are repaying us with some loyalty. Caicedo's approach is the exception rather than the norm.
The more I read of this saga the more I think that Caicedo is the pawn in all of this. Yes, he’s naive and easily led, but I think his agent is the one who is 100% pulling the strings and dear, silly Moises is the patsy. I would like to believe that the club will not sell him (yet) and that Caicedo is taken to one side and given a good talking to about his responsibilities to his employer, his team mates, the coach and the fans. He might then realise what a complete shitfest he’s created and hopefully knuckle down, show everyone what a damn good player he is, and ultimately, be more professional in the way he conducts himself should any future offers come his way.

I suppose one can only dream if this scenario takes place.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
There is quite a lot of pushback from the more serious journalists this morning. Which is nice.
You can't on the one hand commend a club on their scouting, recruitment and general organisation on the one hand and on the other demand they sell their assets for less than their market value.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I'm not thick thanks very much but if the club has any balls they should say no.
And that’s what we are doing. TB is less emotional about this than most posters. ‘Everything has its price’ is his mantra. You have to weigh up, say, £75m now against the risk that his form will decline, get injured, value will reduce as his contract length shortens.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Let’s be very clear on the agent thing

- he had representation in South America with 3 or 4 different parties claiming partial representation of him.

- this made the task of us signing him very difficult and was one reason Man Utd walked away.

- Caicedo proactively looked to make this arrangement easier by serving notice to his previous representatives and seeking out new, European based ones - the only reason to do this is make any future move easier and more transparent.

Moises or his family knew exactly what they were doing by making this change

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So;

Caicedo is 21 years old

He is on amazing money but crap compared to what he could be earning on Wednesday, which will make him and his family rich beyond their wildest dreams.

And he has the chance to be in the team that probably wins the Premier League this season.

Or he could stay - get injured and lose all that

Forget agents, managers, and all the other noise.

What would you choose?
I’d choose to stay at the club that opened the doors for at least a few more months ffs. No excuses. These posts and theories irk me - he’s 21 and will be clearly good enough to have a glittering career in say 4 years. I would 100% choose to stay and show some respect and loyalty - you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here