Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Caicedo just liked a few posts on the official BHAFC Instagram.

Unless I missed an earlier post he’s actually following the club Instagram page. E333F5CC-841B-48BD-A823-D94E5B21773D.jpeg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Think there’s a bit of a good by-product of the Lamptey situation at play here. Other players (and agents) can see we’ve taken a talented, but squad-fringe, youngster from another team and seen that if you’re good enough, you’ll play under Potter and thrive. Got to be a big incentive for players thinking of coming in.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Where's that man from Argentina?

I'm not sure he comes into the reckoning until he can fully displace Gross in the matchday squad, and that hasn't happened yet.

To be fair to Mac he is still acclimatising and I don't think we'll see his true form unti he can leap ahead of Gross and Lallana in the pecking order. Jury still out.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Moises Caicedo?

I have to say I’m surprised our league position hasn’t put him off frankly. I wonder if Potter won him over the way he did Tross.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I'm not sure he comes into the reckoning until he can fully displace Gross in the matchday squad, and that hasn't happened yet.

To be fair to Mac he is still acclimatising and I don't think we'll see his true form unti he can leap ahead of Gross and Lallana in the pecking order. Jury still out.

Think you can say same about the 3 newbies in your 4. Chances of all 3 coming in, making an impact, and becoming natural choices, are close to zero. It just doesn't work out like that.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

We also need to remember that Argie Mac went down with Covid-19 which laid him low for a period and made him unavailable while he recovered his fitness.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Think you can say same about the 3 newbies in your 4. Chances of all 3 coming in, making an impact, and becoming natural choices, are close to zero. It just doesn't work out like that.

You might be right, although i think the hardest position to adjust to is that playmaker roll.

It will help if Potter finds a settled side and ships out a few so that the new guys know who is playing, understand their movements, where they want the ball.

I can see all 3 starting because they all bring something we lack in their positions, qualties that will make us more dynamic. They're all internationals and have all been starting matches more than the likes of Propper, Ali J, Gross.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
According to the Metro, Everton have offered 5.5m for him with Ancelotti promising an 'instant impact' in the first team.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
According to the Metro, Everton have offered 5.5m for him with Ancelotti promising an 'instant impact' in the first team.

Similar report in Liverpool Echo, however if local South America media is reporting we have a deal and Moises is following official Brighton media, then perhaps we’ve done another “Lamptey”? Could be a brilliant signing if we have. UTA.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea

I presume that quote is in direct response to those clubs that sign someone and then loan out or hold them back to be 'conditioned' to the clubs way of playing?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here