Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No. you and I don't know the exact figured, but £10M was widely quoted for Knocky. Your post is the first time I've seen the fantasy figure of £15M suggested, and I call bollocks - I still suggest that, as previously stated, we've ever sold anyone for above £10M or so. Actually, £10M for Knocky was a good price - an exception to the rule, but still only a £10M deal, not propelling us into the big league as far as selling is concerned.
It was universally agreed on here that Leeds' bid for White was derisory, so yes, we have received no bids that were worthwhile.

As far as selling is concerned, we are not in the place that we need to be yet.

Fulham paid a £5m loan fee up front, and were obligated to pay a further £10m to make it permanent. It was a great bit of business.

You also talk of Arsenal getting Ryan for free, yet you’ve no idea if a significant loan fee is involved. (On top of £1m+ in saved wages)

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
It is easy for people to sniff at “only covering Ryan’s wages” (as an example) but if that saves us a million quid then that equates to about 1650 season tickets. So it is not small change!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fulham paid a £5m loan fee up front, and were obligated to pay a further £10m to make it permanent. It was a great bit of business.

You also talk of Arsenal getting Ryan for free, yet you’ve no idea if a significant loan fee is involved. (On top of £1m+ in saved wages)

Yes, the sale of Knocky was indeed the exception that proves the rule, absolutely that was a good bit of business.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Yes, the sale of Knocky was indeed the exception that proves the rule, absolutely that was a good bit of business.

Knocky only looks good business now as he’s been out of form / a shadow of the player he was. Maybe we knew that at the time etc but I think 15mil for a young ish player who was the best in the championship a couple of seasons before was cheap at the time. Would’ve been looking for £20mil plus - but as I say, a little irrelevant as he dipped and it looks good now.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Knocky only looks good business now as he’s been out of form / a shadow of the player he was. Maybe we knew that at the time etc but I think 15mil for a young ish player who was the best in the championship a couple of seasons before was cheap at the time. Would’ve been looking for £20mil plus - but as I say, a little irrelevant as he dipped and it looks good now.

It was a brilliant deal at the time! He hadn't been that good for a while.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It was a brilliant deal at the time! He hadn't been that good for a while.

You're right. As I recall, Fulham fans couldn't believe their club had been silly enough to commit to £15m for him. Such a shame his career slowed down so dramatically, but he had some woeful times off the pitch and it's not a real surprise it effected his mentality/performance on it

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I believe the club's accounts are due to be published today, which might cast that last line in a different light.

Yes, it's probably true that TB and the club will survive quite comfortably without selling players, but constantly paying out more transfer fees and wages without recouping much isn't the sustainable model that everyone would like. .

PL clubs generally weren't operating sustainably before Covid. They certainly won't be operating sustainably after it.

Our accounts will look horrendous. But so will everyone else's

What that means is that there will be fewer, (but still some) top 10 clubs buying from bottom 10 clubs.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Anyone else keep opening this thread looking for photos and the words SINGED?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
PL clubs generally weren't operating sustainably before Covid. They certainly won't be operating sustainably after it.

Our accounts will look horrendous. But so will everyone else's

What that means is that there will be fewer, (but still some) top 10 clubs buying from bottom 10 clubs.

No, but I think it's helped us make some decisions about retaining players. With Ryan, Bernardo, Duffy and potentially Jahanbakhsh and Izquierdo leaving, that's going to be somewhere between £150k-£250k per week off the wage bill, replaced by Moder, Karbownik and Tau. That's near on £11m saved in one go.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
No, but I think it's helped us make some decisions about retaining players. With Ryan, Bernardo, Duffy and potentially Jahanbakhsh and Izquierdo leaving, that's going to be somewhere between £150k-£250k per week off the wage bill, replaced by Moder, Karbownik and Tau. That's near on £11m saved in one go.

But I don't doubt we'll still be paying more than half of the wages of most of the loaned players you mentioned .... and probably will be until their contracts expire

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
But I don't doubt we'll still be paying more than half of the wages of most of the loaned players you mentioned .... and probably will be until their contracts expire

Good point. In fact, I'd guarantee we are. My point was less about the amount, but more about the fact that we're trying to shift these players on more actively. Bernardo and Jahanbakhsh have been fringe players for two years, Duffy too under Potter. In previous years we may have kept them on for added depth when their contributions never really warranted a continued inclusion in the squad other than to rotate the bench warmers

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
When I go to bed I dream about Moises Caicedo, I wake up and think about Moises Caicedo. When will Moises Caicedo arrive and fulfil my dreams, I only want one thing Moises Caicedo.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Same here I keep popping onto this thread expecting to see he signed and been sent out on a season long loan out to Manchester United to garentee game time
Same here, keep opening the thread when a new post appears only to find someone else is posting about lack of information ! Frustrating !

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Anyone else keep opening this thread looking for photos and the words SINGED?

Unless I've missed something I think he's formally announced along with the team we are loaning him to for the rest of the season. I think.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Unless I've missed something I think he's formally announced along with the team we are loaning him to for the rest of the season. I think.
Nothing from the club yet but there is info out there claiming he's signed.

The permit is done, not sure if there is any outstanding medical tests.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here