Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
With the benefit of hindsight, we should perhaps have spotted that after combing the world for top talent, and then waiting patiently for it to develop to the required standard, hanging on to it is the next logical stage in the long term plan.

This may be what is now happening. Players like Caicedo and MacAllister are key to our future.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Great news. It makes me more confident he'll still be here next season otherwise why sign a deal that means we can charge absolute top dollar for the next four summers? If a monumental bid comes in then of course he'll be gone but it'll have to be monumental, not just merely huge.

The question now is Ally Mac. This summer is the time to sell for maximum money as his contract is only to 2025. Is Caicedo signing for four more years a sign that the club are going to sell Ally Mac or dare we dream that we'll get another season from them both?
Exactly - no way he’d sign this deal if he wanted out in the summer, he’s here for another season at least.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Well, we all knew it was a reasonable possibility under the circumstances. I’m pleased the club pulled it off. I was simply impressed enough by their desire/ambition to try.

Big statement of intent both in general for all prospective players/agents and for RDZ ‘IF’ there is any slither of truth to the murmurings from him re (lack of) signings. This IMO would go a long way to appease.

Last edited:

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
In the January transfer window the opportunity to join the league leaders was there, his agents went for it, ultimately they didn't reckon on the Albion's resolve in not selling and it all fell part for them. The statement was naive, the club handled it brilliantly and now they've all moved on.

In the summer there'll be plenty of other targets on clubs radars, obviously Declan Rice will be the big one, but clubs can take their time and more than likely not spend the £70m Arsenal were prepared to spunk on a 21 year old. We all know he's worth it, but they'll go in a different direction now I'm sure.

This new contract shows steady ambition on both sides, just another step on the Albion solidifying their position as an established EPL side. Exciting times.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well that’s cheered me up… hilarious.

As ever, you’re so blinded by your need to be 100% right all of the time… no give no take, it’s literally all about your take.

You’re wrong about this one, hugely wrong - force him to stay and we’ll regret it… moreover I don’t want honest fans paying his ‘meagre’ salary if he’s not 100% committed to this club … he’s not , clearly he’s compromised and his actions… well, it’s left him with the look of a man without a shred of credibility…

I’m focussed errrmmmm I’m not focussed, I’m happy to stay errmmm I’m not…. Pathetic.

If you want to support a player/agent like this, then fine… I guess I’d credited you with wayyyyy too much intelligence.

Brighton and Naive Albion.

:)
That's aged well

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes, that’s fair, and very deliberate. I’m very cautious about what I share and how I share it, as would anyone be in my position if they had any sense. I tend to confirm the odd thing rather than overtly blab about sensitive things that would draw unwanted attention and/or I don’t think should really be shared tbh. Moises only has one agent! (Now, haha) I’m not referring to anyone else. I suspect a new contract is on the horizon (my own hope/opinion, nothing more!!) if an agreement can be reached and I doubt his agent would continue to visit if it wasn’t a possibility, but NO ONE but a very, VERY select few can tell you more about that, and they won’t!
Huge respect to this poster who had been saying his agent was at the training ground a lot. Fair play - the only slightly ITK poster we have left?!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There's always a release clause, it's the ammount that it is set at though. Maybe £80 million. And new contract obviously means higher wages as well. Has Tony decided to abandon the 'keep them low' plan?

There’s very rarely release clauses in English players’ contracts. Very rarely. We’ve done all this on this thread, but it’s not common and BHA haven’t ever given anyone one that’s been triggered…

I think maybe you mean a valuation we’d sell at rather than a release clause having re read your post?

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
There's always a release clause, it's the ammount that it is set at though. Maybe £80 million. And new contract obviously means higher wages as well. Has Tony decided to abandon the 'keep them low' plan?
Are you confusing release clauses with a price we would be unable to refuse?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There’s always a release clause in Spanish football. As for Premier League player contracts……calling @Dr. No
Apart from Suarez, Grealish, Coutihno off the top of my head

I suspect with Moises there is probably a gentlemen’s agreement in place otherwise signing a contract makes zero sense from his point of view

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Our players haven't had release clauses before have they? It's possible, but surely not 'surely'
Aaron Mooy was mentioned earlier in this thread, but as I said previously it looks like it was something that was part of his deal at Huddersfield and we effectively took over that contract when he joined us permanently so we had no choice in the matter. According to Naylor it was also very specific in that it only allowed release if it was a Chinese Super League club matching the clause.

There’s always a release clause in Spanish football. As for Premier League player contracts……calling @Dr. No
A release clause is a requirement under Spanish law.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here