Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Reported by who? The Albion?
there was an article somewhere shortly after City gave up the chase for Cucu where one of their directors was claiming we were a nightmare to deal with as we wouldn't disclose a ball park figure for them to work with.

this is a snippet from an article in the mail at the time.

City did not want to offer anymore while Brighton refused to budge from their £50million valuation of the left-back - despite never actually communicating a specific figure to City during talks and did not fully engage in open dialogue.

A £40million move would have made Cucurella the fourth most expensive left-back of all time, and therefore would represent a fine piece of business, but Brighton have insisted they also saw him as a centre-back, and that there are lots of expensive centre-backs.

Last edited:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I read last night Arsenal won’t submit another bid as they don’t want to damage the relationship they have built up with Brighton.
I enjoyed the inevitable raging from Arsenal fans essentially saying “who gives a flying fig about Brighton?” and they should simply get Caicedo now. Not too bright, are they? Theit best hope of landing him will be in the summer unless they poison the well by going in too hard trying to unsettle him now.

Duh!

Last edited:

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Odds on Skybet have halved over night and it’s all over social media that a bid has been agreed. Looks like that rumour has come from one individual who I can’t see how is in the know, the odds worry me however.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Well, at least he is hedging his bets!

7ADE946D-5654-4756-B20D-2163EEB12E28.jpeg

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Odds on Skybet have halved over night and it’s all over social media that a bid has been agreed. Looks like that rumour has come from one individual who I can’t see how is in the know, the odds worry me however.
The odds will be influenced by the money being bet, if people are believing the rumour and placing bets on him joining Arsenal then the bookies will protect themselves. However in these markets, like the next manager markets, it doesn't take much money being bet for the odds to change dramatically.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If a third bid comes in, the odds will go down.

However, it might be to our advantage to ‘sit’ on this one for most of the day rather than say no straight away. We need to take the momentum out of their chase, if they get a definitive ‘no’ late this evening, they’ll either have to pull out or overpay quite substantially. Tony holds the cards on this and we know that Chelsea are playing £117m for Enzo, Tony won’t take £80m for Moises.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
If a third bid comes in, the odds will go down.

However, it might be to our advantage to ‘sit’ on this one for most of the day rather than say no straight away. We need to take the momentum out of their chase, if they get a definitive ‘no’ late this evening, they’ll either have to pull out or overpay quite substantially. Tony holds the cards on this and we know that Chelsea are playing £117m for Enzo, Tony won’t take £80m for Moises.
Yes if it's that much for Enzo it's at least 100m for caciedo.

Chelsea will probably come in with 100m for caciedo if Enzo deal falls through as well.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Whoever this guy is, I have no doubt he is talking out of his arse. His pinned tweet is one from August saying Renan Lodi is going to Forest on loan- would someone with this uncited 'scoop' be that proud of that?!
No one else is picking up on it, considering its been dominating the transfer talk for weeks on every media station I’d be surprised.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Whoever this guy is, I have no doubt he is talking out of his arse. His pinned tweet is one from August saying Renan Lodi is going to Forest on loan- would someone with this uncited 'scoop' be that proud of that?!
Chances are he’s being fed info from the agent in a desperate attempt to try and keep coverage going of the Caicedo to Arsenal story.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No one else is picking up on it, considering its been dominating the transfer talk for weeks on every media station I’d be surprised.
These tinpots are simply trying to build a following. Fools look at their baseless tweets and retweeting them. This time plastic Gooners.

The dream … to reach the level of a Ben The Liar Jacobs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here