Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Imagine if the club were bold enough to hold someone to their contract when they have a strop and refuse to train because they want a move. What are they going to do, refuse to play for the next two years? Nobody would touch them, it would ruin their career. It would cost us a lot of money in the short term, but I genuinely think it would make us money in the long term by sending out a message.
I’m hoping that TB takes that approach, but to an extent, selling in the summer.

The reason to an extent, obviously to gain the cash flow from a sale.

el punal

anyway… are any of his 10 brothers & sisters any good at football ?
I’d take a punt and sign the lot of them. That way you’ve got a complete reserve team, add a goalie to the mix, job done. After that just wait for Arsenal or Chelsea to come sniffing round and screw them for every penny. :drink:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Imagine if the club were bold enough to hold someone to their contract when they have a strop and refuse to train because they want a move. What are they going to do, refuse to play for the next two years? Nobody would touch them, it would ruin their career. It would cost us a lot of money in the short term, but I genuinely think it would make us money in the long term by sending out a message.
I'm not sure I see it like that. Taking Caicedo as an example...

1. The club lose out on £70-80m in the very short-term.
2. Caicedo walks away in two years to join whichever club he likes, earning a massive signing-on fee and wages to match.
3. Any other player the Albion try and sign will be thinking "look what Brighton did to Caicedo - I don't want to be part of that. Mr Agent - can you find me somewhere else to join please?"

I think we'd lose in every way imaginable.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Should have done that with Trossard. Less essential to team, and fewer friends in the camp.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Romano is a shit stirring ****. Yesterday he was implying that Caicedo was told/asked not to be at training, now he's saying he didn't turn up. Don't believe a word this prick says his only agenda is to push the transfer and try and drive a wedge between the club/fans and Moises.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Moisés Caicedo asks to leave Brighton for ‘magnificent opportunity’ elsewhere

And yet given no club is actually buying him at present it begs the question exactly what opportunity that is?

He's not got another club to go to at present.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here