Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
IF the club accept anything under £100M it’ll be extremely disappointing with the position we are in. His value will be pretty much same in the summer given his age & talent, so just publicly say no offers will be accepted this window

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
For me if we’re turning down £55m from Chelsea, then Arsenal know we’re also turning down £60m. These bids aren’t going in with real hope of it succeeding, it’s more to turn the players head so he has the rest of the season to think about it and fancy joining in the summer.

Good thing for us is that come summer Tony can sit back while they battle it out with out bidding each other & they’ve already set a benchmark for what will be turned down in the summer. Opening bids in July/august will have to trump the £60m+ we’re turning down now.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m glad you’re not in charge of negotiations!
The Sky analysis stating that it’s likely we want £100m this window makes me feel confident we’ll have him for the rest of the season. If we only want £75m, he’ll be gone by Monday. TB knows his value can only rise the more he plays for us (unless he gets an horrific injury).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
For me if we’re turning down £55m from Chelsea, then Arsenal know we’re also turning down £60m. These bids aren’t going in with real hope of it succeeding, it’s more to turn the players head so he has the rest of the season to think about it and fancy joining in the summer.

Good thing for us is that come summer Tony can sit back while they battle it out with out bidding each other & they’ve already set a benchmark for what will be turned down in the summer. Opening bids in July/august will have to trump the £60m+ we’re turning down now.
Yep, summer bidding war incoming. No chance at all he's going for less than the frizzy-haired one.
Tony is playing a blinder (again)

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Someone asked it before on here but I don't think anyone responded, but is there a reason it only seems to be London clubs actively pursuing our players? Purely the location and proximity to the south coast? More money to throw around? Better relationships with their owners as a result of said proximity and past dealings? Just seems a bit odd how absent the northern clubs have been in terms of joining them, given how many "sought after" players we've had in recent seasons.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Super little player but very young to go to a big side with such a massive price tag (assuming any fee now or in the summer is above the £80m mark). That's a lot of pressure for one so young. Better, as we all know, to develop at a good club with a good coach for a little while longer.....

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Someone asked it before on here but I don't think anyone responded, but is there a reason it only seems to be London clubs actively pursuing our players?
It's particularly strange that Liverpool aren't chasing. They're the Big Six team that have the biggest gap in midfield and desperately need someone. I'm not sure who Caicedo would replace at Arsenal; surely not Partey?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's particularly strange that Liverpool aren't chasing. They're the Big Six team that have the biggest gap in midfield and desperately need someone. I'm not sure who Caicedo would replace at Arsenal; surely not Partey?
They don’t spend money. Klopp has said apart from Gakpo he doesn’t expect any signings

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Someone asked it before on here but I don't think anyone responded, but is there a reason it only seems to be London clubs actively pursuing our players? Purely the location and proximity to the south coast? More money to throw around? Better relationships with their owners as a result of said proximity and past dealings? Just seems a bit odd how absent the northern clubs have been in terms of joining them, given how many "sought after" players we've had in recent seasons.
I'd suggest it's to do with the quantity of teams all just 1 level above us.

None of the 4 teams in the North West see themselves as close enough to warrant dropping £75m+ on a player. (One way or another)

Newcastle now are but the fact they haven't might allude to the cAshworth deal.

While obvs the Midlands clubs are a joke.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
You don't often see a young player, with the world at their feet, acknowledge and respect the club that gave them their opportunity. Lovely fella with a great attitude. If he gets his big move in the summer, he goes with my blessing and best wishes (so long as it isn't to car crash club Chelsea).
Yep, I’m resigned to him going in the summer. If he does he’ll go with my best wishes as he’s done everything expected of him.
He puts everything into every game he’s played for us, and has shown great respect to the club. He seems driven by football and not money, which is rare these days.
I’d like to see him go to Arsenal or Liverpool and not Chelsea.
Potter didn’t really realise his full potential and kept him back. Moises says it was good for him, but if it wasn’t for injuries we may not have seen him in the stripes until this season. I expect our current valuation of £100m may drop a bit by the summer.
Still think we’ll want £80m plus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here