[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If true at all Potter can f*** off even more. Taking Winstanley etc too - but it was down to him. Unsettling our players. Leave us alone and do your own work you bunch of utter bellends.
Would honestly rather we sell him to another suitor for a tenner (TB wouldn’t) than let him go there.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Sky bet now have us at 8/1 for champions league. That is amazing isn’t it? Half way through the season and little Brighton are 8/1.

If we qualify for champs league then players leave for clubs who don’t qualify but pay more then at least we can stop pretending that players “dream of playing champions league” rather than “dream of maximising income”
This

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Agreed - make him our first £100k a week player , assuming one doesn’t exist already
I don't know about £100k a week, but there's certainly a case of offering a much improved contract and making him a top earner as I suspect we did with AliMac, and may have to do again in the summer if our finishing position is really good. I would think they could be the top wage earners by then but it would have to be incremental and pushing our wage structure, not smashing it apart.

I'm sure that a significant part of the plan of selling players on is so that we can improve the contracts of those we want to keep for a bit longer :thumbsup:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I'll be surprised if he goes to Chelsea in this window, it would be a risky move for him - not guaranteed a European spot next season, by any means. What's the advantage of going now compared to waiting until the summer to see where each team is (other than 6 more months at a higher wage)?

If it was Arsenal, City or United bidding for him, I'd be much more worried.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We're still a betting favourite to have him for the remainder of the season, although Bet Victor disagree with that.

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 13.41.16.png

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Im not one for us breaking a wage structure over one player, but by all accounts right now Moises is at the lower end of it. A bit of a guess but maybe he's on around £30k pw, and the highest earners are on £70/80k pw week. If we're serious about him staying i'd see no problem giving him a serious hike to match those highest earners, he is after all a starting centre mid for club and country & if sold would easily be the highest fee we've ever received.
I might be wrong but I believe up until last year he was on £3.5k a week and now he's on £15k a week which, in Premier League terms, is just ridiculous.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We also seriously need to think about how Mac and Moises will be replaced. So far we've done well at having replacements at least as good. There is currently nobody close to them in reserve. Not even close.
Well, that's Buonanotte and Kozlowski written off before they've kicked a ball for us then. Tragic .......................

el punal

I'd agree with this. And not break the wage structure by offering him a new contract on huge salary (yes a new offer within our structure but not greatly above). We are peaking at the moment but with all the sales can we sustain it? (in particular if injuries to Perc, Fergie or Welbeck).
We are not peaking at the moment, we are definitely improving and are aiming to be better game by game. Don’t forget that we have some unbelievably talented young players who have only recently broken into the first team. This is what makes it so exciting to watch the Albion at present - knowing that this wonderful bunch will mature and be something special in the future.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I might be wrong but I believe up until last year he was on £3.5k a week and now he's on £15k a week which, in Premier League terms, is just ridiculous.
Think you maybe wrong. Figures plucked from the air are often quoted as fact. Only those closely involved would have any idea what he is on. Unless he has put it on his Twitter page the fact remains no one knows on here.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I don't know about £100k a week, but there's certainly a case of offering a much improved contract and making him a top earner as I suspect
I guess my point is if I am his agent, I’m going ‘well they’re turning down bids of £55M for you, so you’re obviously worth more than that and your salary should reflect that for a £55M+ player’

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports