Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
"Moises Caicedo is very important for us. I hope he finishes the season with us, but it's always difficult to be certain when big clubs come in.”

‘Hope’

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Moder was being used wider than Caicedo is by both Potter and Poland, though he's a terrific footballer on his day. Have to hope the injury has completely healed and it'll be like having a new player. I have more hope of Koslowski than Gilmour having seen the latter. He's about half the player Caicedo is and looks more suited to the Lallana role anyway.
I think Gilmour is a terrific Lallana replacement. You're right, he's not comparable to Caicedo.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I genuinely believe Bloom will not allow Moises to go in this window. It is not in the club's interest. We find ourselves in with a genuine shot at a top six spot and either Europa or Conference League football. Letting Caicedo go now would jeopardise that.

Should we achieve that status then Moises value will have only increased for a potential sale in a future window, when we will be better placed to replace him.

Also would Moises want a move right now when he knows his only trajectory is up right now. The lad appears to be very happy here, surrounded by his fellow countrymen and is in the form of his life. Why swap that for the toxic environment at Stamford Bridge? Money will not be an issue in his career, he will get a huge payday in the new future.

I do not get the impression either Bloom or the player himself are particularly interested in a move in this window.
Hoping you are right 🤞🤞

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He'll leave in the summer - RDZ basically just said that in his prezzer - going nowhere in January.
I think it's a clever thing to say by RDZ. It shows Brighton have no intention to sell now, but also leaves it open to all clubs that we will listen to offers in the summer. This will work in our favour if we do reach a European place, and the likes of Chelsea fail. His value will increase further. Also reaching Europe is likely to result in added bonuses etc. We become an even more attractive team for incomings.

For Caicedo it makes little difference, staying with us for another 4 months is not going to impact on his future in a negative way. At the end of the season he and us will have a far better idea of the way forward. His value will only increase, serious injury aside. Especially if we can get him on an improved contract.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I think it all depends on Caicedo. I don’t see the club as wanting to sell him but if they thought he’d be unhappy if they turned down an offer, potentially downing tools/do a Trossard if he didn’t get a move, then all they really can do is to get maximum money for his sale.

The comfort for me is that I don’t see him doing that.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I think it all depends on Caicedo. I don’t see the club as wanting to sell him but if they thought he’d be unhappy if they turned down an offer, potentially downing tools/do a Trossard if he didn’t get a move, then all they really can do is to get maximum money for his sale.

The comfort for me is that I don’t see him doing that.
I never thought Cucu would be the type either.

I just can’t see Caicedo happening this month. Sounds like Chelsea enquired, we laughed at their offer, and they’ve gone to the next target - Bissouma.

IF he did go we are looking £90m+

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
He'll leave in the summer - RDZ basically just said that in his prezzer - going nowhere in January.
He actually said "I hope he finishes the season with us, but its always difficult to be certain"

Thats very different to how you interpreted it.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
And here is the huge difference between the Moisies and Tross situations. The value of Moises is only heading in one direction over the next few years :wink:
That is ambiguous. Moises contract is shortening and therefore his value may not increase at all over the next 5 months.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That is ambiguous. Moises contract is shortening and therefore his value may not increase at all over the next 5 months.
Except that a bidding war amongst the richest clubs, desperate for an brilliant CM powerhouse, leads to hyperinflation.

We saw Chelsea overreacting to ManC's pursuit of Cuckoo.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
hopefully teams just think he'll be cheaper in Jan 24 or the following summer when his contract is expiring. wishful thinking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here