Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The equation for how much we accept is Caicedo + Messing Up Our Season
Caicedo is worth 60/70m how much is it worth to mess up the best season in our 122 year history?
Getting into Europe as a result of having two of the best CMs in the world, who will eventually leave, is almost priceless I'd argue. Finding two players of this quality again will be very hard, especially now the bigger teams are circling. They don't come about, no matter how good we think our recruitment is. It would be mentally complacent to go 'no it's cool man, we will find another Moises, and another Mac, and they'll be first tram ready '.
Someone like Facundo, Gilmour, even Weir might be the answer, but not next season.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
At some point, aren't we going to have to say that achieving something as a football club (i.e a 7+ place finish) is more important that an extra £10-30m in the bank account?
Aren't finishing positions at this end of the Premier worth a LOT of money per position. I've never had reason to take an interest before :shrug:

The simple fact is that whatever TB does will be right, it always is. But it doesn't stop me being pissed off if he does go anywhere, and 10 fold if it's Chelsea :rant:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
£60-70m is cute.

IMO no chance he goes for less than £100m. Probably plus Colwill.
Hmmm dunno. What's the comparison that puts him at that value ? He looks great in this brighton team. I personally didnt think he looked amazing in world cup. Pervis stood out more for me.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
The equation for how much we accept is Caicedo + Messing Up Our Season
Caicedo is worth 60/70m how much is it worth to mess up the best season in our 122 year history?
Caicedo's actual worth (which is enormous given talent/age/contract length/World Cup appearances) + January transfer window bonus charge + the risk of ruining a great season + a tip for Tony = a fee I cant even calculate. If Cucurella was £62m then this one is going to be MASSIVE.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Hmmm dunno. What's the comparison that puts him at that value ? He looks great in this brighton team. I personally didnt think he looked amazing in world cup. Pervis stood out more for me.
Have you not seen him since he's been in the team? He's incredible. The kid is unparalleled in this league. Nobody gets close. He humiliates everyone.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
£60m Caicedo offer would get laughed out of the building. £90m is closer

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Sky Sports haven't broken any genuine news for years. Until a proper journalist reports that we're in negotiations with Chelsea, I don't think there's too much to worry about.

Only club he goes to this Jan is Chelsea, though. No one else will get near Bloom's valuation

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Have you not seen him since he's been in the team? He's incredible. The kid is unparalleled in this league. Nobody gets close. He humiliates everyone.
I don't disagree. But then I thought biss and cucu looked world beaters for Brighton and they've been shite since leaving so I'm wary....

And I stand by my view that caciedo didn't stand out in the equador team during the world cup.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yeah but I think the issue was that Benfica wouldn't accept anything but the entire fee at once, meaning Chelsea gave up on trying to offer installments.
Deal could happen if Chelsea offer a very substantial fee - over £100m, maybe closer to £150m - paid over x seasons. Not super likely but can't be ruled out.
That's a great deal of detail about the Benfica/Chelsea negotiations that you seem to have been party to. Anything similar on this one :wink:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't disagree. But then I thought biss and cucu looked world beaters for Brighton and they've been shite since leaving so I'm wary....

And I stand by my view that caciedo didn't stand out in the equador team during the world cup.
No. Cucu was very average at best during our long non-winning run last season, a blue patch at the end swayed some supporters and Boehly into thinking he was consistently incredible.

Whilst Caicedo and MacA are brilliantly effective CM’ers who turn up every week.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The amount they spent on a far less influential player - Cucurella?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

I think the key is he is 21. I think that's what sets him apart. There are certain things you expect from younger players - Biss in particular an example, even Mac a little a season or two ago - inconsistent decision making, runs of bad form etc. Caicedo simply doesn't seem to have those things in him. He just looks like he'll be a 8/9/10 out of ten player forever. Look at Elliot. Lovely goal last night but he's been so criticised at Liverpool, but for the things you expect from a young player. You can't expect them to do the right thing. You can't expect consistency. Or physical strength. When you have that a la Moises and Bellingham and not a lot others, you have exceptional talents. You buy Caicedo, you're buying someone who will unquestionably be in the top 5 of world CMs in a couple of years time.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think the key is he is 21. I think that's what sets him apart. There are certain things you expect from younger players - Biss in particular an example, even Mac a little a season or two ago - inconsistent decision making, runs of bad form etc. Caicedo simply doesn't seem to have those things in him. He just looks like he'll be a 8/9/10 out of ten player forever. Look at Elliot. Lovely goal last night but he's been so criticised at Liverpool, but for the things you expect from a young player. You can't expect them to do the right thing. You can't expect consistency. Or physical strength. When you have that a la Moises and Bellingham and not a lot others, you have exceptional talents. You buy Caicedo, you're buying someone who will unquestionably be in the top 5 of world CMs in a couple of years time.

Exactly this, Caceido will be putting in 9/10 out of 10 performances in every match at the heighest level for the next 10+ years. It is going to have to be a huge figure.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Maybe

But playing devil's advocate here .... I would need to see him do it at another club to believe it. I was disappointed with caciedo in the world cup.

And there's loads of players over the years that have been hyped up as the next big thing. Look at that Ajax team a few years ago. De ligt and de Jong were touted as the best young things to ever grace football. Both have turned out to be bang average.

Time will tell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here