Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Red Squirrel

Oct 13, 2022
The Highlands
just sounds like the usual Sky cr@p. The only point I took note of in their breaking-no-news transfer bulletin was the part where they said: "Brighton don't want to sell under any circumstance", everything else was just waffle. I'm angry about the story but I think Moises will stay until the summer.

sorry Oh-Aye! you beat me to it!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Just yesterday one of the rent a gobs on Sky said that Chelsea had done their business (or words to the effect).
Simple fact is it will require a huge fee (British record??) for Bloom to go to RDZ ‘thanks for your hard work so far but I’ve just accepted a bid for a key member of the team’.
Don’t panic

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
When Chelsea had their Enzo bid denied, some people were laughing... I said its just funny until it isn't.

They are going to sign a central midfield this window. There is no "maybe" or "probably" in it - they are going to sign a central midfielder.

There's maybe five realistic candidates (young, good enough, possible to buy, right attributes) and two of them are playing for Brighton & Hove Albion.

Is it clunky for managers to bring in their ex-players? Yes, it is. Easily causes disharmony. But if they're really really REALLY good... both manager and player might think its worth it.

Chelsea are very likely coming hard for Caicedo now and it will be up to TB what to do with it.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
When Chelsea had their Enzo bid denied, some people were laughing... I said its just funny until it isn't.

They are going to sign a central midfield this window. There is no "maybe" or "probably" in it - they are going to sign a central midfielder.

There's maybe five realistic candidates (young, good enough, possible to buy, right attributes) and two of them are playing for Brighton & Hove Albion.

Is it clunky for managers to bring in their ex-players? Yes, it is. Easily causes disharmony. But if they're really really REALLY good... both manager and player might think its worth it.

Chelsea are very likely coming hard for Caicedo now and it will be up to TB what to do with it.
'Chelsea had their Enzo bid denied'

The key phrase there.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
haha, yes I remember this. I was remarkably sanguine about it. Probably because I was happy to at least be playing Palace again (plus still in shock from the 0-5 and just missing a bottle thrown at me, in the ground, by the Palace bellends). Dislike Chelsea immensely now, and in fact never disliked Palace (a mate is a fan of theirs) because I always loved the drama involved vs Palace, probably because the 5 penalty game was my first visit to that shithole.
Late 80s Easter Weekend ?
without checking 🤔

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Beyond furious 😡

Don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes, trust that whatever TB does will be what’s right for the club

My lad (9) has just come in- seen that going across the bottom of the screen and kicked right off !! 🙄
Mine (8) picked up a Caicedo 25 away shirt a fortnight ago! I’m not saying anything for now!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

If the press are to be believed, They only went up to £75m in installments for Enzo. Logic dictates they rate Enzo above caciedo. I would massively disappointed if we took less than £90m in Jan.

So how does this deal happen ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Basically, Sky News "break" the story that Chelsea and Liverpool want to buy Caicedo, but go on to say that Brighton are under no pressure to sell, and don't want to sell.

Maybe the story actually is "Brighton aren't selling Caicedo despite interest from other clubs"

At least that's my hope!
There's ZERO news there whatsoever.

Anyone who's the slightest bit interested in football can see that Caicedo would improve or live in any starting midfield. Also that Chelsea have had a terrible season and so are spending world record breaking amounts in cheating their way to the top places [as they've done for 20 years].

All that Sky tit had done, is state the unproven obvious.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Nothing surprising in this. Brighton knew it was coming with the agent change. Chelsea have literally released this the day of the agent coming in. What a coincidence.

Remember Chelsea refused to go over £75m for Enzo. So, this window it should be £90m lump sum or f off.

What is a little bit sad is that winstanley will know the player so must be fairly sure he's up for the move now. Doesn't mean we should give it to him though.
The key here is that Chelsea are mentioned front and centre, straight out the playbook to unsettle him.

The new agents however may settle for new terms at Brighton, which you have to assume have or will be improved

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Yeah... that is a luxuary you can do if you've raked in some £500m in transfer profits over the last six or seven years. Might not be as easy for Tony.

In the end, I think Moises will stay until the summer, but the next few weeks are going to be very sweaty.
They really aren’t. If a bid is accepted it will be huge and on our terms.
Very, very much doubt any club will want to pay what Mr Bloom demands now

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I would be very disappointed if we accept an offer for him in this window.

Messages from the club have been that we want to keep the group together.
De Zerbi deserves to have the rest of the season with the group as it is,

It would be enormously unfair on him to remove such a key player, so early into his reign.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Clicks won’t bait themselves

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If the press are to be believed, They only went up to £75m in installments for Enzo. Logic dictates they rate Enzo above caciedo. I would massively disappointed if we took less than £90m in Jan.

So how does this deal happen ?
Yeah but I think the issue was that Benfica wouldn't accept anything but the entire fee at once, meaning Chelsea gave up on trying to offer installments.
Deal could happen if Chelsea offer a very substantial fee - over £100m, maybe closer to £150m - paid over x seasons. Not super likely but can't be ruled out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here