Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mohammed Kudus **Signed For West Ham 27/08**

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
Which team is this? City? The wages they pay and their level means they have a much larger pool of elite players to pick from who will be bloody desperate to play for them, so they can be choosy and lay down ground rules that small clubs might struggle with. Not many, if any, already elite players on the up will be desperate to come to the Albion though.
Which team is this? City? The wages they pay and their level means they have a much larger pool of elite players to pick from who will be bloody desperate to play for them, so they can be choosy and lay down ground rules that small clubs might struggle with. Not many, if any, already elite players on the up will be desperate to come to the Albion though.
All Blacks

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm still of the view that this completes if caicedo completes and the only thing holding this deal up is ........Chelsea !!
I think it’s the other way round. There is no way TB is getting gazumped by Chelsea for Kudus.

I’m guessing that they’ve been informed that the Caicedo deal collapses if they try and poach Kudus.

The problem is, they’ve clearly already tapped up his agent who now wants a Bigger Better Deal from us.

Chelsea won’t get Kudus AND Caicedo.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
One of the worlds greatest team operate the no dickheads idea so I’m not sure we do have to accept big egos to move forward
I imagine their criteria of a dickhead is very different to yours.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
And yet

Football is a completely different world to rugby, for those mentioning the All Blacks.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I think you’ll find rubgy players have a somewhat different mentality to your average footballer, so not sure that’s a great comparison
I wouldn't necessarily say that's too noticeable in the football/rugby players I've met (none of whom are anywhere near playing in the Premier League or All Blacks, but it does include at least one person who'd played for Brighton).
Same mix of daftness and nonsense across all of them, and actually I'd throw the cricketers I know into that mix as well.
Obviously there are far more footballers at all levels, so there's a greater mix of people.

Edit: I'm pretty sure the No Dickheads thing refers to respecting the team and the individuals within it. It's not relevant to people wanting the best deal possible when they sign up.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think it’s the other way round. There is no way TB is getting gazumped by Chelsea for Kudus.

I’m guessing that they’ve been informed that the Caicedo deal collapses if they try and poach Kudus.

The problem is, they’ve clearly already tapped up his agent who now wants a Bigger Better Deal from us.

Chelsea won’t get Kudus AND Caicedo.
Interesting take. So in your scenario will Brighton sell caicedo to Chelsea with the risk that kudus doesn't go through as his head has been turned for bigger clubs ?

That would be a shame

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Also aren't those release clauses actually a legal requirement in Spain?
Yeah, footballers in Spain are essentially freelancers (thus why you get all the tax issues with players there). The idea is that the league holds their contract on behalf of the club and the player can pay the league to buy out the contract.

It’s why there was that very weird moment where Neymar was paid €222m which he then had to pay to La Liga, who then paid Barca in 2017.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Interesting take. So in your scenario will Brighton sell caicedo to Chelsea with the risk that kudus doesn't go through as his head has been turned for bigger clubs ?

That would be a shame
Surely we won’t sell Caicedo before our interest in Kudus is resolved? If the Kudus deal collapses, I think we’ll wait and see where he ends up. If Chelsea swoop in buy him (Lavia style), that makes Caicedo’s move to Chelsea very difficult, I don’t think it would happen.

Brilliant for us obviously, because we are almost guaranteed a top 6 place with him in the team. Although he is clearly missing the Luton game on Saturday as he goes on strike, he’ll be back to world class for us in September once RDZ has straightened him out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here