Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mohammed Kudus **Signed For West Ham 27/08**

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
View attachment 164679

just adding to the conspiracy. Flight from Shoreham today to Biggin hill…

The sort of jet being mentioned on the previous private jet post can't take off or land at Shoreham due to runway weight restrictions, hence when the Albion do use such flights, they go elsewhere. The smaller light aircraft are, not surprisingly, unpopular with clubs and players, especially since the Emiliano Sala tragedy.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If you are
The sort of jet being mentioned on the previous private jet post can't take off or land at Shoreham due to runway weight restrictions, hence when the Albion do use such flights, they go elsewhere. The smaller light aircraft are, not surprisingly, unpopular with clubs and players, especially since the Emiliano Sala tragedy.

Agreed. No chance that small plane was being used especially for a player we don’t own (yet?)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't get Kudus's stance here. Surely, PL clubs pay more than Eredivisie teams so he'd have more dosh in his sky coming to Brighton.

I can understand him wanting to see if a better offer comes in, with or without release clause, but as one is clearly not forthcoming, is he going to stay at a club who clearly want him gone?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Kudus starting to sound like he’s failing the “no dickheads” test. Move on.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
View attachment 164679

just adding to the conspiracy. Flight from Shoreham today to Biggin hill…
Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 21.33.46.png

Not sure how this helps...

iphone-animated-gif-22.gif

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I don't get Kudus's stance here. Surely, PL clubs pay more than Eredivisie teams so he'd have more dosh in his sky coming to Brighton.

I can understand him wanting to see if a better offer comes in, with or without release clause, but as one is clearly not forthcoming, is he going to stay at a club who clearly want him gone?
I think he wants to come here. It would not have come as far as this if he didn’t.

However, his agent will probably have some evidence from other top six sides (and Chelsea) that they were interested in his services and would pay him X.

That’s a brilliant negotiating point for the agent. No wonder he is trying to maximise his client’s deal, he can just wave the £150k pw email offer from The Todd.

We’ll get him but it’s going to take some days, maybe weeks.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Why’s he a dickhead ?
If it’s true that he’s holding out for a release clause knowing that’s not how we operate it suggests he already sees himself as better than us and will be batting his lashes at every big club going as soon as he gets any plaudits. Cucurella 2.0 if you will.

The alternative narrative is he’s holding out in the hope of getting something better offered to him from elsewhere. Suggesting he doesn’t actually want to come here and will be hankering for a move the moment it becomes a possibility. Cucurella 2.0 again.

The third, least likely, option is he’s already verbalising that we’re a stepping stone, making him Locadia with shitter headphones.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Are you quoting accounting losses or true losses. Completely different entities. One relates to tax etc the other cash flow required to keep the business going.
Accounting losses often have little to do with either tax or cashflow. And I’m not sure what you mean by “true losses”?
If the auditors and the directors are doing their jobs, the accounts should show a “true and fair view”. So accounting losses ARE true losses!

levs

Jul 10, 2017
We think we've been pillaged by the Big 6. Ajax have lost the following XI in the past 14 months, with Alvarez poised to join Hammers this week too:

Onana
Timber - L. Martinez - Bassey - Tagliafico
Gravenberch - Blind - Grillitsch
Antony - Haller - Tadic
They’ve certainly sold a lot of players but a fair few of those went for free (Tagliafico, Tadic and Blind), and Ajax may not have offered them new deals.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Accounting losses often have little to do with either tax or cashflow. And I’m not sure what you mean by “true losses”?
If the auditors and the directors are doing their jobs, the accounts should show a “true and fair view”. So accounting losses ARE true losses!
Because of write downs a business can show a deficit but can be in the black in its bank account. Therefore not a need for a cash injection to keep the business going. That’s the point I was making. TB has injected money as and when but the accounts showing a specific loss hasn’t required an injection of cash to that amount.

similarly when we receive a transfer fee and people post we made x amount, we haven’t. We have received y and owed z totalling x over the agreed period.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Ajax pay their top earners about the same as we do. Their overall wage bill is lower though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If it’s true that he’s holding out for a release clause knowing that’s not how we operate it suggests he already sees himself as better than us and will be batting his lashes at every big club going as soon as he gets any plaudits. Cucurella 2.0 if you will.

The alternative narrative is he’s holding out in the hope of getting something better offered to him from elsewhere. Suggesting he doesn’t actually want to come here and will be hankering for a move the moment it becomes a possibility. Cucurella 2.0 again.

The third, least likely, option is he’s already verbalising that we’re a stepping stone, making him Locadia with shitter headphones.

I’m still not sure any of that makes him a dickhead to be honest. Surely any negotiation over employment is a two way street ?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I think he wants to come here. It would not have come as far as this if he didn’t.

However, his agent will probably have some evidence from other top six sides (and Chelsea) that they were interested in his services and would pay him X.

That’s a brilliant negotiating point for the agent. No wonder he is trying to maximise his client’s deal, he can just wave the £150k pw email offer from The Todd.

We’ll get him but it’s going to take some days, maybe

Do t share your confidence. But maybe you know more than mr

My take fwiw:

He is a hybrid of Alexis and Moises in one body. No particular strengths in terms of brute force vs creativity.

I’m not so sure but im not itk.

What I will say is this lad is a hybrid. A hybrid of the the defensive midfielder we are about to loose and the attacking midfielder we have already lost. Does that fit into RRZ philisophy of football? Maybe! I’m willing to take the risk.

Who would it put it past TB and PBOBE to sell our two best players and replace them with 1 (one) star that does both roles.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Do t share your confidence. But maybe you know more than mr

My take fwiw:

He is a hybrid of Alexis and Moises in one body. No particular strengths in terms of brute force vs creativity.

I’m not so sure but im not itk.

What I will say is this lad is a hybrid. A hybrid of the the defensive midfielder we are about to loose and the attacking midfielder we have already lost. Does that fit into RRZ philisophy of football? Maybe! I’m willing to take the risk.

Who would it put it past TB and PBOBE to sell our two best players and replace them with 1 (one) star that does both roles.
They will be living in dream world if they think this player could do the 2 roles as well as the players going out !!!!

There's a reason only Everton have come in for kudus before.......

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think you are implying that we buy young and cheap and we sell for a big profit. I was suggesting that it's not that simple. For example we have bought older players and some on their mid twenties. I think it is more fluid than perhaps you suggest (tho you aren't specific, so I'm guessing)

Last edited:

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Oh no, I didn’t mean that at all. I meant it could have popped TB and co up to meet him off his flight landing at 8pm For a chat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here