[Albion] Mohammed Kudus **Signed For West Ham 27/08**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Ornstein reported that Chelsea spoke to him last month
Chelsea are nothing to be looking up to these days ;) but fair enough hadn't seen this.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I would reign the excitement in.

If he was anything like Gerrard Ajax wouldn't be selling him for 40m and big clubs would be all over him. So far the big clubs being interested is all agent talk, nothing concrete. He was very very close to joining EVERTON last season and then it fell apart at the last minute, this says a lot !

I watched over half of Ajax's games last season so have a fair understanding. I think he could be good but I've seen nothing to suggest he's a world class player anywhere near caicedo or say mitoma levels.

Watch Ajax's games against good opposition like Liverpool and Napoli last season. I know kudus scored Vs Liverpool but they got absolutely destroyed.

We have been spoilt the last few years.
In your opinion , do you think he would be a good fit for a top10 side ( forget all the world class/ top4 stuff )

If yes and he goes onto that , then that’s more than good enough for me

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
In your opinion , do you think he would be a good fit for a top10 side ( forget all the world class/ top4 stuff )

If yes , then that’s more than good enough for me
I think so. Take away the hype and there's a good player there just no evidence to suggest world class quite yet.

Ajax misused him as a bloody striker !

I wouldn't be too opposed to signing him just wary of spending all that money.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I think so. Take away the hype and there's a good player there just no evidence to suggest world class quite yet.

Ajax misused him as a bloody striker !

I wouldn't be too opposed to signing him just wary of spending all that money.
Wouldn't worry it isn't your dosh. Tony appears to have well with his.

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
The Semantic Police not the Grammar Police and for that mistake you get another 3 points on your licence. Lol.
Goodness, I think some sort of self imposed exile from NSC is in order until I improve my language skills. I'll head over to AFTV for a bit, they'll think I'm some sort of Stephen Fry there.

Getting back on track, come on Mo sign the deal, still time to get you in the team for this afternoon.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'm not convinced of this at all.

Since the second half of last season, we have...

Gilmour on form.
Alzate back.
Dahoud in.
Milner in.
Lallana fit again.
Grtoß potentially available exclusively for midfield duties if we have fit defenders plus new recruits.
Moder. Maybe not.
Kudus likely to arrive.

As it stands, even without Moder, we have 15 non-defenders and we can only start six of them at a time. Dahoud may be the first-choice Caicedo replacement, with Kudus the new Ali Mac.
Yes. Makes sense but i was going on what RDZ said last week in the states.
"'If Caicedo leaves, we will bring another big player. If Caicedo stays with us, I will be very happy"

Not sure if Kudus is the "big player" either given the interest all summer, and fact he's clearly a Lallana/AliMac/AM shape rather than Caicedo.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
The first page of this thread suggests that it was before July 3rd that our link to Kudus to light, and it wasn’t The Athletic who revealed it.
First reported by The Athletic, not reported first by The Athletic. Others may have done so before The Athletic filed their first report.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The first page of this thread suggests that it was before July 3rd that our link to Kudus to light, and it wasn’t The Athletic who revealed it.
But don't forget that Wimbledon started on the Monday after that report and Naylor is partially out of the game during the 2 weeks of tennis each summer. Lol.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The beginning off that Mark Goldbridge video pretty much nails it - a good team, in Europe and, like it or hate it, a springboard to a MASSIVE club.
Talking transfers with my armchair Arsenal colleague, I was glibly rolling out the next 3 seasons of the £100m club - Caicedo, Enciso and finally Ferguson.

He finally had enough, ending the conversation with:-

'youre weird, you f**king love selling players'. 😆

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I would reign the excitement in.

If he was anything like Gerrard Ajax wouldn't be selling him for 40m and big clubs would be all over him. So far the big clubs being interested is all agent talk, nothing concrete. He was very very close to joining EVERTON last season and then it fell apart at the last minute, this says a lot !

I watched over half of Ajax's games last season so have a fair understanding. I think he could be good but I've seen nothing to suggest he's a world class player anywhere near caicedo or say mitoma levels.

Watch Ajax's games against good opposition like Liverpool and Napoli last season. I know kudus scored Vs Liverpool but they got absolutely destroyed.

We have been spoilt the last few years.
rein

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Talking transfers with my armchair Arsenal colleague, I was glibly rolling out the next 3 seasons of the £100m club - Caicedo, Enciso and finally Ferguson.

He finally had enough, ending the conversation with:-

'youre weird, you f**king love selling players'. 😆
Arsenal fans get confused if you thank them for taking Trossard off us (whilst acknowleding that he's decent) because his exit properly opened the door for Mitoma.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
People need to get the idea of him being a striker or winger out of their heads. Beyond being competition for March (as a left footed player on the right), which he will do, he is a central player. Remember he is only (just) 23. He's clearly an upgrade on Buonaotte (at the moment). I dare say, had we had him last year to deputise on the right we might have done a little better in the condensed run in. But mostly he will be joining as an 8/10. He's different to the more maverick Enciso. We know how fluid RDZ likes his team to be. Yes there's a starting formation, yes he likes to play the two boxes in the middle, but beyond that, especially in transition and the final third, RDZ wants a kind of all out dynamic assault on the opposition.
It's important to think of our players not in terms of their starting position but the space they occupy on the field, what they do with the ball, their energy levels, their versatility. This is where Kudus can excel. He's brilliant at progressing play, beating the press, can go out wide or drive from the middle. Can score goals. Supremely gifted dribbler with a great work rate.
He's in the very top percentile in terms of goals from his position, successful take ons AND pass completion.
Think about us breaking at speed with him in the middle. He can overlap and overload on the left, he is comfortable down the right channel, can drive through the middle. Imagine a Dahoud or Gilmour releasing Kudus with March and Mitoma flying down the wings, JP in the space between the lines and channels and a Ferguson or Welbeck driving through the middle. Total carnage. There are very few clubs in World football who have those levels of dynamicism in attack- players who can drift all over the pitch, keep hold of the ball, attack at such pace and provide a genuine goal threat. In fact you could easily imagine JP, Ferguson, March, Mitoma and Kudus all scoring at least ten league goals. That's crazy and that doesn't even mention the raw genius of Enciso and steady old Welbz. It's very exciting.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
When I saw the quoted £34.4 million figure we're reportedly paying for 1 player I went into some sort of panicky time warp mode where I was back in the 90s and want to ring up Uncle Tony and tell him that's way to much,sign 3 players from Rochdale and buy a new Electric car and still have change enough to paint the roof blue.

I doubt I'll ever get used to the ridiculous amounts of money sloshing around the EPL I can't forget the time I lobbed my last few Bob onto the sheet being carried round the Goldstone pitch so the club could buy a new kettle or something vital like that to keep us going.

Cor! thems were the days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports