Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mohamed bayo

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Back to the topic, I wound love to know if this guy is Muzza 2, also how reliable the rumour is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Having enjoyed a more than decent start to the season, Maupay seemingly in form and Welbeck to come back from injury, l think it extremely unklikely that we will invest in a "first team ready" stiker in January.

We currently have other strikers coming through the system too who can't be too far away from first team action now as well.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Spot on

I will ask again,who would be acceptable to you?The only name you have EVER come with is Toney.I would have taken a punt on Armstrong,but unless he is a slow starter,it looks if we have dodged a bullet

We have FIVE young strikers in the pipeline,they will not all make it but the future is bright

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Having enjoyed a more than decent start to the season, Maupay seemingly in form and Welbeck to come back from injury, l think it extremely unklikely that we will invest in a "first team ready" stiker in January.

We currently have other strikers coming through the system too who can't be too far away from first team action now as well.

Serious question. Who are these other strikers? AC not good enough (yet). Big Jurg just not good enough. Boys at least 2 years off first team, surely?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Indeed. Trossars is also available to play there and then there's indeed the youngsters...

The club signed two strikers this summer in addition to Maup, Welbeck and Connolly (+Trossard) - Sarmiento and Sima - and there's Ferguson, Tolaj and Emmerson in the youth teams. And Locadia for those who sway that way.

Cant just keep endlessly adding players.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I will ask again,who would be acceptable to you?The only name you have EVER come with is Toney.I would have taken a punt on Armstrong,but unless he is a slow starter,it looks if we have dodged a bullet

We have FIVE young strikers in the pipeline,they will not all make it but the future is bright

I agree, for minimum 2 years time. We have promising youth talent. But for now, nobody:..

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Indeed. Trossars is also available to play there and then there's indeed the youngsters...

The club signed two strikers this summer in addition to Maup, Welbeck and Connolly (+Trossard) - Sarmiento and Sima - and there's Ferguson, Tolaj and Emmerson in the youth teams. And Locadia for those who sway that way.

Sarmiento is an attacking mid. Sima not ready. The youth teamers at least 2 years away. Locadia! :) As you seem to realise, Tross not a striker

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Serious question. Who are these other strikers? AC not good enough (yet). Big Jurg just not good enough. Boys at least 2 years off first team, surely?

Whatever my own personal feelings may be, l'm trying to think in the same way that the club are, having splashed mega bucks on the likes of Locadia and wasted it, in the nsearch of an instant Murray replacement, they will be very wary of doing the same again.

Buying young players, relatively cheaply, loaning them out for a season or two, then slowly introducing them to first team action, or better still home grown players who have been nurtured by the club, and promoted through the system is, as far as the club are concerned anyway, the ideal course of action.

Whatever you or l may think, Connolly will get the opportunity to start games this season l think , and even Tolaj could make a breakthrough too.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Whatever my own personal feelings may be, l'm trying to think in the same way that the club are, having splashed mega bucks on the likes of Locadia and wasted it, in the nsearch of an instant Murray replacement, they will be very wary of doing the same again.

Buying young players, relatively cheaply, loaning them out for a season or two, then slowly introducing them to first team action, or better still home grown players who have been nurtured by the club, and promoted through the system is, as far as the club are concerned anyway, the ideal course of action.

Whatever you or l may think, Connolly will get the opportunity to start games this season l think , and even Tolaj could make a breakthrough too.

I know this may surprise you, but I genuinely hope Tolaj, or another youth striker, will come through this season, but will he? AC needed a loan, he didn’t get it, so I think he will struggle again this season.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
I know this may surprise you, but I genuinely hope Tolaj, or another youth striker, will come through this season, but will he? AC needed a loan, he didn’t get it, so I think he will struggle again this season.

We agree on Connolly.He wants to drop the billy-bollocks attitude and go out on loan in January

But i doubt he will EVER be a PL striker

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Don't get me wrong, l love the idea of that maquee new striker signing too, but as l say the club have had their fingers seriously burned in that department fairly recently, (Locadia anyone?), and won't be wanting to make that mistake again,

Plus of course, trying to sign anyone of note in the January window is notoriously tough, with prices hiked up to ridiculous levels too. I fear that whatever we might want, it isn't going to happen in January. The development squad is becoming all important now.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Having been trying and failing to get one in the summer, we will almost certainly be trying to though.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Having been trying and failing to get one in the summer, we will almost certainly be trying to though.

Yes, agreed. And agreed it will be tough to get one too

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Bayo highlights reel:

9a213dda1dff7dcee77af11fcc84af96.jpg

Now that I find very good....

TNBA

TTF

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Contract runs out in 2024.

From his YouTube clips, he is a big unit but pacy. Seems to be in the right place at the right time a lot and can finish. No idea if he has the all round game Potter requires though.

23 years old.

Scored one in two in French 3rd tier. Then one in two in French 2nd tier and is now smashing Ligue 1.

Reasonable ‘assist’ stats.

Guinea international.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mohamed-bayo/leistungsdaten/spieler/594991/plus/0?saison=2019

Check him out at 1:12 to see what he’d look like as an Albion player.

https://youtu.be/LOtFtV6wrQk

Got Everton, West Ham and (now) Palace written all over it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here