Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MODS - Time for NSC to rejoice in how GREAT they are.

MODS - time for NSC to decide

• Yes they can do whatever they want

Votes: 61 50.8%
  • No they should explain why they did something

Votes: 59 49.2%

• Total voters

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
That is a total travesty of what happened.

I did not KNOW that NSC could not be sued; my initial judgement was that your initial post was not libellous, which is why I posted what I did, saying that I thought it was ok. I then went out for several hours.

While I was out, another mod had formed a different view to my initial one and had taken down what they saw as the potentially libellous bits.

When I returned, I saw the link to an article that said that the individual had stated that he would sue anyone who linked them to Elm House. As a consequence of seeing this article, I changed my mind and said so in a subsequent post in the thread.

My change of mind, which was and is fully documented on the thread was a result of me seeing information in the article that I was not previously aware of, and not because of the other mod's opinions.

I have no problem with you disagreeing with what happened. I do have a problem with you misrepresenting what I did, when I did it and why I did it.

Unfortunately my post was removed, but i stated that said MP represented a constituency in Sussex (will not mention the area now, but i did on the post) and that he had gone for a safe Tory seat even though he lived in another area ( again i will not mention the area but i did on the post) at no time did i mention his name in connection with the substance of the thread.......which is why you stated it was not libelous. Meantime you have gone out, another poster has bleated on thread (instead of reporting the post to Admin/Mods, another Mod has come in and removed the post with a quote:"MOD EDIT: Yeah but your not the one who kops for all the shit if it all goes wrong are you? think before you type please!

Oh sorry, as I edited your post I guess i had best say who i am.........no on second thoughts....guess who?"

And you have kopped out by pretending the post was libelous, which firstly it was not, not a mention of said person in relation to the thread/topic, and secondly the board can not be held responsible for authors posts as set out in forum rules.
You have my IP address and E mail addy, if the said MP can find anything i repeat anything about a person who quotes that he is an MP for a constituency but does not live in the area.......then feel free to give said person my details.

From your quote above "When I returned, I saw the link to an article that said that the individual had stated that he would sue anyone who linked them to Elm House."
At NO time was that guest house name put/linked in my quote, which is why you made your original post stating it was not libelous.
You just dipped out to back up a Mod.

Last edited:

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Unfortunately my post was removed, but i stated that said MP represented a constituency in Sussex (will not mention the area now, but i did on the post) and that he had gone for a safe Tory seat even though he lived in another area ( again i will not mention the area but i did on the post) at no time did i mention his name in connection with the substance of the thread.......which is why you stated it was not libelous. Meantime you have gone out, another poster has bleated on thread (instead of reporting the post to Admin/Mods, another Mod has come in and removed the post with a quote:"MOD EDIT: Yeah but your not the one who kops for all the shit if it all goes wrong are you? think before you type please!

Oh sorry, as I edited your post I guess i had best say who i am.........no on second thoughts....guess who?"
And you have kopped out by pretending the post was libelous, which firstly it was not, not a mention of said person in relation to the thread/topic, and secondly the board can not be held responsible for authors posts as set out in forum rules.
You have my IP address and E mail addy, if the said MP can find anything i repeat anything about a person who quotes that he is an MP for a constituency but does not live in the area.......then feel free to give said person my details.

Wrong again, I did report your post to the mods, as we are supposed to.
The point is he threatened to sue anyone who linked his name to the Elm Guest House, you used his name in a thread entitled Elm Guest House, that's a link no matter what context you posted it in.
The post you were replying to said there was a name on the Elm Guest House list of a Sussex MP, they did not name him but you did, very clearly you were saying the man you named was on the Elm Guest House list, that's very clearly linking him to it which is exactly what he said he would sue people for saying, go and read the thread for yourself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...claims-says-Tory-grandee-Peter-Bottomley.html

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

We're obviously not going to agree on this. I've said what happened from my perspective and you've reiterated things I have already refuted.

:shrug:

Back to this thread's question: I would observe that even if a mod explains in some detail what they've done and why they've done it, my limited experience is that some users simply won't accept anything that contradicts their view. I could well understand if more seasoned mods said "b***er this for a game of soldiers. Why waste my time giving an explanation when nothing I say is going to be accepted?" Do note that I have no evidence that more seasoned mods feel that way; but I could understand it if they did!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Wrong again, I did report your post to the mods, as we are supposed to.
The point is he threatened to sue anyone who linked his name to the Elm Guest House, you used his name in a thread entitled Elm Guest House, that's a link no matter what context you posted it in.
The post you were replying to said there was a name on the Elm Guest House list of a Sussex MP, they did not name him but you did, very clearly you were saying the man you named was on the Elm Guest House list, that's very clearly linking him to it which is exactly what he said he would sue people for saying, go and read the thread for yourself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...claims-says-Tory-grandee-Peter-Bottomley.html

Jeez i bet the Mods are busy with you about, i suppose that is where we differ, i have never reported a post/poster, not even when i have been verbally abused, no one on ignore either. Still if it floats your boat, then you go for it Martyn. Maybe drop the said MP an e mail stating that i did not agree with him getting a safe seat in a constituency that he does not live in. I will expect a writ in the post sometime soon then.
Again, another poster stated that a certain MP from Sussex was on a list....i did not mention what list, or the list, or the name of the place the list referred to.
I'm still peed off that any MP can represent a constituency that he lives no where near.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
:shrug:

Back to this thread's question: I would observe that even if a mod explains in some detail what they've done and why they've done it,!

What like this you mean?....on my post.
""MOD EDIT: Yeah but your not the one who kops for all the shit if it all goes wrong are you? think before you type please!

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Jeez i bet the Mods are busy with you about, i suppose that is where we differ, i have never reported a post/poster, not even when i have been verbally abused, no one on ignore either. Still if it floats your boat, then you go for it Martyn. Maybe drop the said MP an e mail stating that i did not agree with him getting a safe seat in a constituency that he does not live in. I will expect a writ in the post sometime soon then.
Again, another poster stated that a certain MP from Sussex was on a list....i did not mention what list, or the list, or the name of the place the list referred to.
I'm still peed off that any MP can represent a constituency that he lives no where near.

You just don't get it do you. The reason for reporting that post was to protect the forum and the thread, not to protect the MP. I want these people to pay for their crimes and getting the word out through that thread will help that aim I hope. Your actions threatened that so I reported it. There have been other occasions here and on other forums when irresponsible people like you doing stuff you have been warned against has meant the whole subject has had to be banned.
I have said this earlier but I will say it again, you have made very important posts on that thread and I hope you continue that but you must let the mods set the rules on what is or is not allowed.
Now lets get back to discussing the bad guys without actually naming them!

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill

I think it was only the 2nd or 3rd time I have ever reported anything by the way

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
""MOD EDIT: Yeah but your not the one who kops for all the shit if it all goes wrong are you? think before you type please!

Oh FFS get over it!! Jesus christ you must be great fun to be with!!...... NOT!!!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
I think it was only the 2nd or 3rd time I have ever reported anything by the way

And please do carry on reporting stuff, we openly rely on decent members to report anything that may be wrong, thankfully we have many decent members who do, as it is impossible for every post in every thread to be read by the mods, we very much appreciate everyone who reports possible issues.

As for Mr Boring who has a fetish with copy & pasting my throw away comments and the site rules, hopefully he will wake up with a happy head on this morning!!

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I have voted yes. We have mods for a reason and it is to regulate the board. There is a load of twaddle on here anyway so it would be far worse without that regulation.

Dunno about the rockers though, any of those still lurking in the depths of NSC?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i can be quite a bellend at times,but this thread is just plain bellend silly.

crumbs almighty,im sure the MODS have enough difficulty as it is without the most frequent posters wading in saying they are poop.Take a chill pill chaps,this forum is supposed to be fun......MODS and POSTERS make mistakes,thats life.....deal with it!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Hmmmm I agree with the above, the mods seem to do a decent job from where I choose to dwell… here in the outer reaches of normality, ever on a bungee rope to insanity. In a tree with a couple of pixies and a wise cracking owl…. Oh see how the pixies dance, oh yes watch them dance. Wisps of smoke, snatches of broken conversations, drift through the whispering leaves, make mine a tea says I, and the pixies doth duly oblige.

Kosh – As befuddled by death as he was in life.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

baby-crying-450.jpg

FFS - This is a message board that you choose to post on for free. You, me and all the others on here have no 'rights'. I know that you have been a moderator on other boards but i can only suggest that it was either for a very short while or on a board with no visitors as you seem to have no idea whatsoever of any legal implications of message boards. It's rare for me to rise to this sort of puerile behavior, but after paging through all the crap on the Rolf Harris thread and then on here, i think you are special.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
God :lol:, a White knight,a queen in a blue dress,a 1976 football ground,a barrel,a dutch superstar,a lord,and a sunken ship from last century.

How dare i get it all so very wrong....here is my very much corrected list...

God,a white knight,a long necked creature,a effeminate president,a man/woman of 86 years,queen in a blue dress,a barrel,a dutch superstar,a lord,a 1976 football ground.

Hope that has covered the lot..:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Posters disappear on here after getting banned but no explanations are given on 'Moderating decisions '.

It's like Chile a few years back. They don't tell us why ? Fascists.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
How dare i get it all so very wrong....here is my very much corrected list...

God,a white knight,a long necked creature,a effeminate president,a man/woman of 86 years,queen in a blue dress,a barrel,a dutch superstar,a lord,a 1976 football ground.

Hope that has covered the lot..:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Am I the 86 year old Queen? or have I read it wrongly? :lol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Posters disappear on here after getting banned but no explanations are given on 'Moderating decisions '.

It's like Chile a few years back. They don't tell us why ? Fascists.

In all fairness I did do a check on this a while back, and probably 90%+ of the known posters who got a permanant ban, the decision was posted in the "Moderating Decisions" section, I agree that many spammers dont make it to that section, some do, but even I have stopped logging them down as its just not worth it with them.

All "Infraction bans" (which will probably take up most of the remaining 10%) will never show as it was decided that no infractions would be made public as it would just create a binfest in most cases.

If there is any past poster you are wondering about just let me know and I will check out the situation with them (where possible, allowing for the fact some have dissapeared and wish it to remain private)

Hope the above helps :thumbsup:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
In all fairness I did do a check on this a while back, and probably 90%+ of the known posters who got a permanant ban, the decision was posted in the "Moderating Decisions" section, I agree that many spammers dont make it to that section, some do, but even I have stopped logging them down as its just not worth it with them.

All "Infraction bans" (which will probably take up most of the remaining 10%) will never show as it was decided that no infractions would be made public as it would just create a binfest in most cases.

If there is any past poster you are wondering about just let me know and I will check out the situation with them (where possible, allowing for the fact some have dissapeared and wish it to remain private)

Hope the above helps :thumbsup:

Is there somewhere that a poster can check their own status on this,seem to recall we could but not sure where to look..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here