Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MODS - Time for NSC to rejoice in how GREAT they are.

MODS - time for NSC to decide

• Yes they can do whatever they want

Votes: 61 50.8%
  • No they should explain why they did something

Votes: 59 49.2%

• Total voters

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Which Mod edited my thread title and then deleted it?
First of all: It wasn't unfounded.
Secondly: Why not be big enough to tell me why? Via PM if necessary.

I PM'd another mod to explain what was going on.
Grow some balls, whoever you are.

But where was your proof that David Jason was in trouble?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
But where was your proof that David Jason was in trouble?

Sorry, I forgot. You need definitive proof to post something on a messageboard.
NSC would be an extremely dull place if everything posted had to be verified.
I did not say he was in trouble.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Not everything has to be verified. But things that can get the site and/or posters in trouble (such as claims suggesting involvement in particularly nasty crimes) really should be.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I think you have far too much time on your hands.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Not everything has to be verified. But things that can get the site and/or posters in trouble (such as claims suggesting involvement in particularly nasty crimes) really should be.

I was extremely careful with what I put and to have it labeled as 'unfounded' by someone who does not have the faintest clue whether it is or is not true has irked me somewhat. There was nothing libellous or inflamatory.
Do I not deserve a least a message explaining why it was removed? Looks pretty cowardly to me.

I think you have far too much time on your hands.

That I can't argue about.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was extremely careful with what I put and to have it labeled as 'unfounded' by someone who does not have the faintest clue whether it is or is not true has irked me somewhat. There was nothing libellous or inflamatory.
Do I not deserve a least a message explaining why it was removed? Looks pretty cowardly to me.

Perhaps it was more to do with the posts that followed than yours? There was at least one I was VERY uncomfortable with.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Actually you lied - first you said it was on Twitter and then that it wasn't online - you can't have it both ways. Regardless, it was tasteless and boarding libel. You're complaining that the mods should have sent you a message as to why it was removed - would you be happy sending a message to David Jason explaining your implications ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Which Mod edited my thread title and then deleted it?
First of all: It wasn't unfounded.
Secondly: Why not be big enough to tell me why? Via PM if necessary.

I PM'd another mod to explain what was going on.
Grow some balls, whoever you are.

I deleted your thread,and I'm quite happy with my balls, thanks.

Unless you have something to back up what you wrote, then you should be embarrassed and ashamed of what you posted, and should be grateful that it was removed.

You posted an unfounded rumour, linking someone to a criminal enquiry into vile acts.

Then you edited your post to add the word 'allegedly'. Like that makes a difference.

When asked where your rumour came from, you replied 'twitter'.

Then a few minutes later you declared that there was nothing about it 'anywhere on line'.

Then declined to answer muliple enquiries about where you actually came across this gossip.

Your thread was reported to the mods by concerned posters.

If you can't see why a moderator of ANY forum would be uncomfortable with that thread, then I am gobsmacked.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Actually you lied - first you said it was on Twitter and then that it wasn't online - you can't have it both ways. Regardless, it was tasteless and boarding libel. You're complaining that the mods should have sent you a message as to why it was removed - would you be happy sending a message to David Jason explaining your implications ?

True. It wasn't twitter but I wasn't going to be revealing my source, was I.
Some things in life are tasteless. Should the media be ashamed for reporting on murders?
If it was libellous, someone would have stated so.
I think David is a bit busy at the moment...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

What you put was only going to be taken one way. If you can't see that, I'm not sure a mod explaining the decision would make any difference.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I deleted your thread,and I'm quite happy with my balls, thanks.

Unless you have something to back up what you wrote, then you should be embarrassed and ashamed of what you posted, and should be grateful that it was removed.

You posted an unfounded rumour, linking someone to a criminal enquiry into vile acts.

Then you edited your post to add the word 'allegedly'. Like that makes a difference.

When asked where your rumour came from, you replied 'twitter'.

Then a few minutes later you declared that there was nothing about it 'anywhere on line'.

Then declined to answer muliple enquiries about where you actually came across this gossip.

Your thread was reported to the mods by concerned posters.

If you can't see why a moderator of ANY forum would be uncomfortable with that thread, then I am gobsmacked.

Cheers for explaining.
It wasn't unfounded.
I have plenty to back up what I wrote, thank you.
Shall now STFU about it as I have what I wanted.

@Guiness Boy - Gotcha. Understand that completely.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Cheers for explaining.
It wasn't unfounded.
I have plenty to back up what I wrote, thank you.
Shall now STFU about it as I have what I wanted.

@Guiness Boy - Gotcha. Understand that completely.

So is there anything anywhere we can see confirming this, clearly you would not have been stupid enough to post something like this with absolutely nothing visible to back it up?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Having looked at "David Jason rumours"..........he does appear to have some rather odd people as his 'friends'.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
So is there anything anywhere we can see confirming this, clearly you would not have been stupid enough to post something like this with absolutely nothing visible to back it up?

There is nothing visible to back it up. Not recently, anyway.
Besides: this thread isn't about that. It's about Mods. Mine was deleted so let's leave the subject there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here