Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mods and rockers - were you there?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Before my time but I have no idea how you can look tough on a scooter.

I'm surprised any Rockers could fight pissing themselves laughing at guys with over sized coats, mop tops and driving hair dryers on wheels.

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012

I'm surprised any Rockers could fight pissing themselves laughing at guys with over sized coats, mop tops and driving hair dryers on wheels.

Thats just it though mate , they were too busy pissing themselves and all over their birds , dirty smelly muppets...

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Rockers were dirty, smell, pox ridden loosers, listening to shit heavy metal music. So were their "greaser" successors. No class.

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
Dont see many so called rockers about now days , but plenty of scooters ( lambrettas and vespas ), this rocker thing must have been a flash in the pan.....after all the scooter scene is a way of life , not just an image ...

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Dont see many so called rockers about now days , but plenty of scooters ( lambrettas and vespas ), this rocker thing must have been a flash in the pan.....after all the scooter scene is a way of life , not just an image ...

Unfortunately the smelly bastards still exist in backwards towns like Mansfield. Hastings always used to be infested with them, and was good for some fun on a weekend where there was no football.

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
saw some silly looking twats last brightonia but half of em looked as though they had just been dug up and rolled in dog shit ....and that was the women.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Still one of the biggest laughs I've ever had!One lad from Seaford (I think) had a Commer van with an RSJ welded to the front for starting stock-cars.Lambrettas can actually fly!

snowdrop

Jul 23, 2009
Higham Ferrers, Northants
My Old Man was a copper in Brighton Borough force then, being 6 foot 8 he was always in the middle of the rucks. When the mods went to Hastings, the Borough Chief Constable asked Brightons Chief if he would send some boys over to help. After the Brighton Police arrived and kicked off sorting the problem out their way, the Hastings Chief was not impressed and sent them home and told them never to return. Some thing about proactive Policing!!!!!! My old man loved his time in the Brighton force, been dead 8 years now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rockers were dirty, smell, pox ridden loosers, listening to shit heavy metal music. So were their "greaser" successors. No class.

Really? I'm not sure heavy metal was even invented then, I think you may mean Rock and Roll.

I actually saw some Mod vs Rocker confrontations but they were in Dover and on a smaller scale to Brighton :rolleyes:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Teddy boys on motorbikes then.

Greasy unwashed Teddy boys on motorbikes was my recollection. Mods were nowhere near as cool as some of the kids on here would like to think either.

bnfrnkln

all the lads...
Nov 2, 2009
the ministry of flair
cheers everyone for your memories so far its given me some good ideas to write up in the pitch. we had the idea of maybe getting some mods and rockers back together on the beaches but maybe thats a bit risky ;)
keep them coming, and anyone who was there or know someone there please continue to PM me as if this goes ahead i might get a trip home.

ta

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I was there..firstly I had a Lambretta 175 slim style and then went up in the world and had a Vespa GS that was all chrome and had the engine bored out to be a 250cc, totally leathal machine especially with the extra mirrors and lights throwing the machine totally out of balance,however a lot of us Brighton mods were wimps (me included) and prefered to see out our mod days from the Wimpy in Western Road or from a coffee bar called the Cottage in the Lanes
Sometimes however we got it wrong and met up with the Rockers on the Seafront,or if you did not know betterin George St, Hove where the was a large rockers cafe.
Unlike the Who film we never met up in pubs!
I should add that I may have other memories but I have chosen not to recall them as my wife thinks I am a quiet and gentle person!:D
!

?????? Have you seen it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here