Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Modern football fans.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Without wishing to appear racist or making too many assumptions, but it is entirely possible that all of the group pictured in that photo are [rich] tourists who are attending the one and only English game they are ever likely to attend to support one or other of the teams that are so distant and unconnected to them that they are merely names on the screen as "their team's" matches are beamed around the world.

In those circumstances I don't think its in any way baffling or indeed, mildly surprising, that they have over-indulged in merchandise and momentos of the event/day out/once-in-a-lifetime experience/whatever you want to call it.

Yes point taken, but rich tourists buying market stall rubbish when they could be buying official gear in the store behind them.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Yes point taken, but rich tourists buying market stall rubbish when they could be buying official gear in the store behind them.

Highly likely!! I'm also sure that a proportion of "fans" who fit this description are attending ANY game they can get to and so they may or may not be interested in the clubs they are watching (if I went to the States, I'd quite like to see an NFL game but I really couldn't give a sh*t who I was seeing!). Given you can't get ManU [or Chelsea or ManC or whoever] stuff in the Anfield shop (and visa versa), the market stall tat is all that is available so you can't blame them for that either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here