Mobile Phones

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I understand that some of you know all there is to know about the latest mobile phones.

I'm looking for one for business (e-mails mainly) and to play with when I get bored on trains etc. Internet, music etc. The camera must be good with a decent flash. What do you guys suggest?

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
Is that the Blackberry Storm that got slated on here the other week? Do you have one? If so, is the touchscreen and bad as they say?

Yeah that's the one, I get on alright with it, now. It took me a while to get use to it. The only thing that's not good about it is the battery life. But on the whole I'd recommend it.

Failing that I'd go for the other new Vodafone, the model number escapes me, but I think it's the 8500?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
The Blackberry Storm I found to be a rather snazzy little piece of kit.

The Samsung Omnia does an awful lot but many people moan about its interface although personally I didn't have any problems with it. Does run Windows Mobile though.

Otherwise, if you don't need a massive touchscreen you could do a lot worse than the Nokia E71 which seems to have been universally praised in all the reviews I've seen. It is ULTRA thin and yet still has a full hardware QWERTY keyboard. Also benefits from the PUSH technology that gets you your e-mails direct like on the Blackberry's.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Do NOT get a Blackberry Storm, They look the business but are amazingly slow - you would get fedup with it quickly, trust me :(

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Seriously, get an E71. Wired magazine voted it phone of the year!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
But it's not rumoured to be out until at least June

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
Camera's on Blackberry's and the current Iphones are crap at the moment...Wait til the next Iphone is out as it's meant to have a 5mp camera built in

My Son has the new Sony Ericsson Cyber Shot can't remember the model number and that has an 8mp camera which is better than most stand alone digital camera's!!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Seriously, get an E71. Wired magazine voted it phone of the year!

Thank you. I will take a look at it, but I have an N95, and had a N73 before that. Both are/were soooo unreliable and drive me mad. I would prefer something with a touchscreen that does not look like a calculator.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I've just got the c905. It's alright, bit bulky andthe buttons will take getting used to but it's pretty nice. Not to keen on th display but I haven't tinkered yet.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Mrs Scooter just got the 5800 Xpress Music, and thats pretty good. The wi-fi works well and the camera is good. Battery life is supposed to be a bit ropey but hers has been fine. The touch screen is good and you get the qwerty option if you want it, its got one of those pen things to make navigating the small-ish screen easier and it slots into the phone. Unlike my Viewty where you have the carry the pen thing in your pocket which inevitably means it gets lost - which mine has

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports