Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mobile Phones

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Mrs Scooter just got the 5800 Xpress Music, and thats pretty good. The wi-fi works well and the camera is good. Battery life is supposed to be a bit ropey but hers has been fine. The touch screen is good and you get the qwerty option if you want it, its got one of those pen things to make navigating the small-ish screen easier and it slots into the phone. Unlike my Viewty where you have the carry the pen thing in your pocket which inevitably means it gets lost - which mine has

I've got one of these top phone does everything you could want in a phone flash is pretty good not xenon but dual LED is ok. Even though it comes with a stylus you don't really need it as most of the phone is usable. Nice phone and pretty cheap so you can get it on a cheap contract. I would recommend getting unlimited data plan though so you can make good use of the internet which is really good on it.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Just found out about the new Nokia N97! Anyone know much about it?

It's the dog nuts of the mobile phones coming soon however its not gonna be out for a month or two at least. It is going to be my next phone without a doubt.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Is that the same as the G1 from T-mobile?

No.

The G1 is a slider. This is the Touch HD

htc3ghdlg.jpg

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Last edited:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Ok guys thanks for your help so far.

T-mobile have offered me a good deal based upon four phones for my family.

The choice (based upon the better looking ones offered) is:-
Nokia N96, E71, 5800
Samsung Tocco, Pixon (M8800)
T mobile G1
Blackberry Bold, Curve (8900)
Sony Ericsson C905 8GB
T-Mobile MDA Vario IV

So which one should I go for?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I still use a motorola PEBL.

It is falling apart, so keep the advice coming...

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Also... any cheep contract suggestions would be good too - I probably use about 5/6 hours tops plus a couple of hundred texts per month.

At the moment this costs me about £15(ish) a month on pay as you go, but I obviously have to actually buy the phone too (the last one cost £110 and has lasted 18 months, so it effectively cost me six quid per month). Any ideas of any packages costing £15-20 a month with a free phone would be good.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Ok guys thanks for your help so far.

T-mobile have offered me a good deal based upon four phones for my family.

The choice (based upon the better looking ones offered) is:-
Nokia N96, E71, 5800
Samsung Tocco, Pixon (M8800)
T mobile G1
Blackberry Bold, Curve (8900)
Sony Ericsson C905 8GB
T-Mobile MDA Vario IV

So which one should I go for?

out of that list G1 by a country mile !!!

sneakychef

Oct 28, 2004
Stroud Green
out of that list G1 by a country mile !!!

Make sure you have a play with it first, I find the weird sliding action really shonky and it feels a tad cheap.

Obviously if you're staying with T-Mobile this won't be an option, but Vodafone have their own version of the G1 coming out soon called the Magic.

A smaller, much better looking version of the G1 without the qwerty keyboard.

There isn't really a good business phone with a decent camera, seems to be one or the other really.

The C905 has the best camera, and the BlackBerries or the E71 would be the best for email.

Away from that list the HTC HD is a very nice phone, it's just a shame it runs windows mobile. If only they went and stuck Android on it and then it really would be something to rival the iPhone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here