Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moaning section at falmer

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
nothing wrong with swearing if you in the right stand!

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I think the 4 stands should be bracketed into sterotypes.

To me most grounds are the same............. You have 'nutters stand'- this is much like the north stand at the goldstone. It is full of passionate fans who want to chant, sing and abuse the opposition. It has its fair share of nutters in there, so you should expect swearing. It is not suitable for the under 12's, nor is it suitable for the very elderly.

Opposite that you have the 'away end'- yet to find out what the away capacity will be at falmer, but if this is a Shared stand i.e a segregation splitting the home and away fans, then expect the albion fans that use this not to be season ticket holders but often fans that have bought tickets close to the day of the game.

At one side you have the 'family stand'- does what is says on the tin! I like grounds that have a family stand that also allows familys of the opposition to take use of this stand. for youngsters accoumpanied by parents, it is recommendable that you use this stand.

And finally on the Opposite side you have the 'moaners stand'. You know the one, just like the west stand at the goldstone. This is the stand for people who dont like singing but are there to observe the football casting their opinion on anything and everything. Its full of middle aged-to eldery aged supporters.

Obviously the TV gantry, dugouts and the corporate box's need to be amoungst the two side stands. But if the ground is set up like this then everyones a winner, and i cant see a problem! :laugh:

On the basis that the main stand at Falmer is by far the biggest - perhaps close to half the capacity? - then the ratio for moaners will be about right in normal (i.e. not last Saturday!) circumstances!:laugh:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Every pass at Charlton, across the back four or whatever, was greeted by cheers or oles (sorry, don't know where you find an acute accent). At home the week previously, a section of the crowd whinged, booed or abused the players every time the ball was played across the back four.
I am thinking of asking Martin Perry if a Moaning Section can be allocated at Falmer so that all these 'supporters' can be miserable together. Alternatively how about a Positive Supporters Section? Moaners would be ejected by stewards or made to sit with the away supporters.
I'm really worried about choosing our seats at Falmer as we'll have no idea who is going to surround us. There are a few terrible moaners in the North Stand at the moment who annoy everyone else and take no notice of polite or otherwise requests to either support the team or shut up.

Your username....was he a teacher at Whitehawk back in the late 60s?

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
On the basis that the main stand at Falmer is by far the biggest - perhaps close to half the capacity? - then the ratio for moaners will be about right in normal (i.e. not last Saturday!) circumstances!:laugh:

ok swap the side stands around! :lolol:

And return of the rev........ i couldnt give a toss what the moaners get!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall the ball being played across the back four when we played against Bournemouth. It was just between the two centre halves who then played it back to Ankergren or Elphick tried a long ball to Lua Lua which invariably went out of play.

I wasn't at Charlton but I am assuming our passing game included the midfielders this time.

Arthur Scrace

Jul 21, 2009
Moaning section at Falmer

The difference between Bournemouth and Charlton was that Bournemouth were loath to cross the halfway line so El Abd and Elphich were rarely closed down. That made it difficult to make a good forward pass. Charlton were willing to push forward making it easier for us to get the ball to our midfielders. Gus says we either play football the way he wants or we need to look for a new manager. I hope the moaners read his comments and take note.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here