Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moaning section at falmer

Arthur Scrace

Jul 21, 2009
Every pass at Charlton, across the back four or whatever, was greeted by cheers or oles (sorry, don't know where you find an acute accent). At home the week previously, a section of the crowd whinged, booed or abused the players every time the ball was played across the back four.
I am thinking of asking Martin Perry if a Moaning Section can be allocated at Falmer so that all these 'supporters' can be miserable together. Alternatively how about a Positive Supporters Section? Moaners would be ejected by stewards or made to sit with the away supporters.
I'm really worried about choosing our seats at Falmer as we'll have no idea who is going to surround us. There are a few terrible moaners in the North Stand at the moment who annoy everyone else and take no notice of polite or otherwise requests to either support the team or shut up.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Stick the moaners behind the home dug out. Charlie will soon show them the errors of their ways.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
How about we leave them at the withdean? Where have they all come from anyway, I don't remember them being around during the championship seasons?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
How about we leave them at the withdean? Where have they all come from anyway, I don't remember them being around during the championship seasons?

I remember someone moaning at Peter Taylor in the dugout after we had just got promoted from Division 2/League 1 and were half an hour from winning it!

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Can't this thread be classed as a moan about moaners?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The accént is héré.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Can we have a swearing section as well? Hearing some of the horror stories on here about the stewarding at Withdean it's made me wonder if I want to go to Falmer if you can't have a good old f and c on a Saturday afternoon!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
"We're the right side, we're the right side, we're the right side moaning bastards"

:clap2:

ps Presumably that would set the ultra-moany left side off with a "You only moan when your singing" retort?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Can't this thread be classed as a moan about moaners?

No it bloody well can't...you can only get a thread closed if it is about an individual supporter, or a subject that is best left alone...I think you will find that there are more than one of them...but, if anyone can find out who they are then please name and shame, those buying season tickets could ask the club to check the database and allocate a seet as far from them as possible.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
They're the only fuckers making any kind of noise at all in that stand then. As such I just about prefer their moaning to the disgraceful complete silence of the rest of you. At least it shows they care.

Good points very well made there Mr H. :thumbsup:

I do like to see the mighty North Standers eventually getting uppity during the 2nd half when they think we should've had a throw in. Marvelous. :lolol:

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I think the 4 stands should be bracketed into sterotypes.

To me most grounds are the same............. You have 'nutters stand'- this is much like the north stand at the goldstone. It is full of passionate fans who want to chant, sing and abuse the opposition. It has its fair share of nutters in there, so you should expect swearing. It is not suitable for the under 12's, nor is it suitable for the very elderly.

Opposite that you have the 'away end'- yet to find out what the away capacity will be at falmer, but if this is a Shared stand i.e a segregation splitting the home and away fans, then expect the albion fans that use this not to be season ticket holders but often fans that have bought tickets close to the day of the game.

At one side you have the 'family stand'- does what is says on the tin! I like grounds that have a family stand that also allows familys of the opposition to take use of this stand. for youngsters accoumpanied by parents, it is recommendable that you use this stand.

And finally on the Opposite side you have the 'moaners stand'. You know the one, just like the west stand at the goldstone. This is the stand for people who dont like singing but are there to observe the football casting their opinion on anything and everything. Its full of middle aged-to eldery aged supporters.

Obviously the TV gantry, dugouts and the corporate box's need to be amoungst the two side stands. But if the ground is set up like this then everyones a winner, and i cant see a problem! :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here