Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mo Farah v Usan Bolt (Merged Thread)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think people misjudge how quick Mo Farah's average running pace is. Bolt runs 400m in 44s flat out

Mo ran a 53 second lap at the end of TEN THOUSAND metres. Only 9 seconds slower over a whole lap after that distance.

I think Mo would win as, to save energy, Bolt could never run anywhere near his full speed.

That's my view on it anyway. I imagine I'll be completely wrong!

This.

This.

Anything upwards of 600m and Farah would destroy him.

And this too.

Mo would be doing training runs of 100/200m in probably not much less than Usain, so I don't reckon that there would be much of a lead. I don't reckon Bolt would go off anything like as quick as he does in his races because he just wouldn't be able to maintain the speed through 600 or more.

To be honest, I reckon it would be Farah, because he has the experience of training for all distances, whereas I'm guessing Bolt doesn't do much more than 600/800m max in one hit. I could, of course, be very wrong...

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Bolt would win if he was tactical. If he sat on Mo's shoulder for 400-500m he'd beat him for speed over the last 100m

If he goes off like a 400m race he'd be in trouble.

Take Harry AA for example he did a 400m earlier this year and came thought in 54sec. He's amazing over 60m then dies. Even showed that in the 100m B race on Friday where Gemilli pipped him!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bolt would win if he was tactical. If he sat on Mo's shoulder for 400-500m he'd beat him for speed over the last 100m

That assumes that after 500m chasing Farah, he wasn't on his knees.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares

Using that logic Bolt could beat anyone from any distance of 100m and upwards including the marathon...

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Think Farah would do it by 10-20m, but tactics very important as already mentioned.

Would like to see Mo v David Rudisha over 1100m. Endless combinations!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here