Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mo Farah - racing @ 17:45

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To think he finished behind Phil Taylor in SPOTY2010 despite winning Gold in the Euro Champs in the 5k and 10k that year.

Twelve golds now. Sir Mo?
Murray v Mo with Froomey third.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Mohamed Farah CBE must surely now be SIR Mohamed Farah.

Don't get me wrong, because I love Mo, but why would he get a knighthood for winning a race?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Absolutely brilliant run! Fantastic achievement!

Greatest British athlete of all time? Not quite, yet for me. Needs a WR in either distance, OR to win a major marathon to get that accolade. Very subjective though....

Absolutely brilliant run! Fantastic achievement!

Greatest British athlete of all time? Not quite, yet for me. Needs a WR in either distance, OR to win a major marathon to get that accolade. Very subjective though....

Very, you could argue the Coe WR era was before the Africans really came on strong, whereas Mo now obliterates all comers from there, tough one! I'd say he needs a gold at another Olympics to clinch it

4th damn

Decent effort. Unfortunate to get blocked in by the Canadian(?) on the final leg and lose his momentum. I think we could have sneaked third or certainly been much closer. :(

Should have just got Mo to run his lap of honour on the last leg, we would have stood more chance!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Was Mo Farah favourite to win and what were his odds roughly by the bookies? Considering how good Mo is, probably odds-on?

Great achievement by an amazing athlete. :clap2:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Very, you could argue the Coe WR era was before the Africans really came on strong, whereas Mo now obliterates all comers from there, tough one! I'd say he needs a gold at another Olympics to clinch it

Well, I'm not sure that even with 1 extra gold at, say Rio, he'd clinch it for me. You mention Coe - don't forget he won 1500m gold in two Olympics and held multiple WR too. You say that Coe's WR was before the Africans came on strong. You're right, but Coe's WR was astonishing - since he set it, it's been lowered by less than 1% - the 100m WR has been lowered by over 3% over the same time period.

What would definitely do it for me for Mo?

5 and 10k Olympic Gold at Rio, OR
Major Marathon win OR
WR in either 5k or 10K.

Do rowers count as "athletes"? If so, Redgrave has to take the title of all-time best UK athlete - 5 Olympic golds in consecutive games (i.e. reigning Olympic champion for over 20 years) is simply staggering.

Mo, for me, is streets ahead of any other current UK athlete (however defined) and makes the top 5 of all time.

Brilliant athlete - truly world class championship runner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here