Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] MLB Season 2021 kicks off today

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Loved last night - it summed up the whole situation.

0-6 down.
6-6 in the 7th.
6-13 end.

Mets fans going wild in the stadium!

Doesn't happen all that often so we make the most of it !

Need to decide whether to bring back de Grom for the play off push or rest him for next season

Playing the Wankees this weekend, can't wait

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
love a walk off grand slam

I've only ever seen one live.
And that was in Denver, when the Rockies walked off the Cardinals.

Maybe it's me?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I've only ever seen one live.
And that was in Denver, when the Rockies walked off the Cardinals.

Maybe it's me?

I saw three grand slams in the first 5 MLB games I went to, including a walk off. I was starting to assume it was a very common occurence. Obviously I haven't seen one since.

It's good to see the Blue Jays making a late charge for a wildcard spot after finally returning to Toronto last month.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
My Giants beat Dodger's ace Buehler without a starter - bullpen all the way through - to stay 1 game ahead in NL West. What a race this is with 27 (is it?) games remaining. Dodgers' big spending could very well come good down the September stretch, but I'm hoping not!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I saw three grand slams in the first 5 MLB games I went to, including a walk off. I was starting to assume it was a very common occurence. Obviously I haven't seen one since.

It's good to see the Blue Jays making a late charge for a wildcard spot after finally returning to Toronto last month.

Maybe we met in the Queen pub last time I visited my son in Toronto. Met up with Cedric and a bunch you.

Next trip could be next July. No football, but Cardinals have two games @ Bluejays

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Maybe we met in the Queen pub last time I visited my son in Toronto. Met up with Cedric and a bunch you.

Next trip could be next July. No football, but Cardinals have two games @ Bluejays

Yes, we probably did meet. I'm there for most games and we've had a fair few visitors. We're back in the Queen & Beaver for the first time since the pandemic began, it's great to be back.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Always nice to see the Yankees humiliated, even more so when it's against their New York rivals the Mets. They were gubbed 10-3 in the first game of the Subway Series. That's seven consecutive defeats and puts them in danger of missing the post season.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Have any of you guys ever heard of a book called The Glory Of Their Times ?

I heard about it on the podcast Baseball By The Book and just got a copy off ebay.

It's brilliant. Strongly recommend the podcast and the book, especially if you like real old historical baseball tales

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
St Louis Cardinals just won their 14th game in a row tieing club record dating back to 1935.

And they were hopeless in August

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Well, the Red Sox are officially the daddy. They beat the Yankees 6-2 in the American League wild card play off, that gives the Red Sox 8 out of 9 play off wins against the Yankees. It was the worst post season performance by Gerrit Cole, can't see him staying.

I always like it when you see a team like the Yankees with all that money and they just can't get it right - almost feel sorry for them

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Good morning @Lyndhurst14

I just knew we'd hear from you today :D

In the absence of your Mets, who are you backing for NL champs?

I'm planning to be up to watch the wild card game tonight

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Well I always like to see the Yankees humiliated !

In the NL wild card all the pundits are going for the Dodgers, but they picked the Yankees over the Red Sox, so what do they know? So I'm going for an upset with the Cardinals taking it.

In the Championship I'm going for the Giants over the Brewers. They are just a team in great form with 236 home runs this season

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Well, the Red Sox are officially the daddy. They beat the Yankees 6-2 in the American League wild card play off, that gives the Red Sox 8 out of 9 play off wins against the Yankees. It was the worst post season performance by Gerrit Cole, can't see him staying.

I always like it when you see a team like the Yankees with all that money and they just can't get it right - almost feel sorry for them

Yes, it was pleasing to see the Yankees lose. I actually went to my first Blue Jays game since they've been back in the city last week, an entertaining 6-5 win against said Yankees.

I'm still gutted about Sunday though. We just needed either the Red Sox or Yankees to lose in order to force a tiebreaker game. They both won in the 9th inning. The Red Sox were 5-1 down at one point!

It's looking promising for next season though. Since coming back to Toronto in August, we've absolutely smashed it. I think we were 10 or 11 games back at one point and came storming back into it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Max Scherzer :ohmy:

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Max Scherzer :ohmy:

Wilmer Flores checked his swing! It was a horrible way to end the series against the ducking Fodgers. Still, my Giants had an incredible season that no one predicted, and went toe to toe with last year's asterisk champions, the $200m Dodgers, ffs. Picking up Scherzer and Trea Turner at the deadline certainly didn't hurt their cause. Anyway go Braves and go Red Sox - anyone but the despicable Asstros and the hated Dodgers.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Wilmer Flores checked his swing! It was a horrible way to end the series against the ducking Fodgers. Still, my Giants had an incredible season that no one predicted, and went toe to toe with last year's asterisk champions, the $200m Dodgers, ffs. Picking up Scherzer and Trea Turner at the deadline certainly didn't hurt their cause. Anyway go Braves and go Red Sox - anyone but the despicable Asstros and the hated Dodgers.

100% correct on every point

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I'm a Nat'nal by proxy, hence cheering on Mr IceInVeins.

I'm not too bothered by the rest of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here