MK Dons Vs Brighton & Hove Albion ****Official Match Thread****

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Do you think we aren't trying to?

No but there's a difference mentally between do we have enough points and lets smash it. Like you i don't know what the team's mentality is but i know which one i'd click into.

To add to this i would say I've been prompted by the bloody awful match against SW, with Burnley next at home; lets not play for the draw.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
CC on Skalak (paraphrasing): "Another hard game for him, but the quality from the cross for the second goal was there for all to see and is what we see on the training ground all the time"

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
That was our club's history condensed into one game. Talk about not doing it the easy way...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very lucky win, in my view but 3 points is all that matters.

Playing a percentage game is very dangerous, this should have been a comfortable away win.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Playing a percentage game is very dangerous, this should have been a comfortable away win.

It should have been a comfortable away win, but as you say, that's the Albion all over.

At this stage of the season it's not about the performance, it's about the points, and winning at all costs.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove

There are no easy games and MK Dons recently held Hull to a draw. We made hard work of it and had a bit of luck with the missed penalty, but got the three points. Don't expect there to be any comfortable games now. Teams fighting for auto/playoff places. Teams fighting for survival. Every game will be a battle, but you can guarantee that we won't give up the fight.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It should have been a comfortable away win, but as you say, that's the Albion all over.

At this stage of the season it's not about the performance, it's about the points, and winning at all costs.

Totally about points now nothing else matters

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

I know it's a cliché, but there is no such thing as a comfortable win in this division. MK had only lost 1 in 5 before today including a creditable draw away at Hull.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
In an ideal world, the last 3 games we play would be against a relegated side and two sides saving their best players for the playoffs. The latter won't happen but what an amazing season this is turning out to be in the most competitive league in the world.

Dec 29, 2011
I just woke up and read the match thread from half time onwards. That was the most intense I've ever felt reading text, I can't imagine what it was like being there. MK missed a penalty and Wolves equalised in the same post. This really could be the turning point. We're 4 point behind but could have been 8 points if them 2 minutes had been different. Wonderful stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports