Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MK DONS Supporters

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
When we were in the first division in the early 80's we didn't average 25000.
During our last years at the goldstone we only averaged 8000

Look times have changed football has changed.It is now a nicer environment to bring your kids to.

(What I am trying to say is that from the club we were in 97 when we left the goldstone to the club we are now is not a million miles
From MK DONS).

Whilst I might agree regarding a better environment as oppose to the hooligan era`s, I certainly cannot agree regarding us not being a million miles from MKDons .Our club is in no way remotely similar from 97 or any other year to MK Dons ,so therefore may I suggest a crash course in Albion history before tomorrow old chap.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I can't blame anyone for supporting a team in the town they live in, just as I don't blame any of our new supporters who didn't fancy Withdean on a cold, wet day. Or didn't know you could get a ticket. Most of those fans weren't clamouring for league football as far as I remember. I don't even blame the loathsome Pete Winkelman, one of the slimiest and most unpleasant people I've ever met.

The fault lies with the football authorities who caved in and allowed a club of long standing and rich tradition in its home borough to move. Had they resisted, then Winkelman and company might have got behind a non-league club in the MK area and done things properly. And Merton Borough Council, who refused to lift a finger to help the original Wimbledon to find a site for a new stadium.

Agreed. You can hardly blame the entertainment starved people of Milton Keynes for turning up to watch and it's not their fault that the Football League and Merton Council were so useless about it. I agree with those who say that they should make a clean break now and drop the "Dons" part of their name, but I hope that Albion fans won't be pathetic and give their fans abuse about being "plastic".

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This is true, but the myth that it was always sold out persisted.
I spoke to someone I used to work with, must have been about 2008, and he was very surprised to learn that he could get a ticket quite easily if he wanted to.

I remember around 2001-2004 I used to send SAE in for my withdean tickets - always got one and did most games.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
The only thing I care about when it comes to MK Dons is whether Atilla ever paid up on his bet with that Cardiff fan?

Big Bill

Banned
Nov 4, 2015
Who gives a shit

All I will say is that during our last few years at the goldstone we averaged less than 7000 then 14 years of ground hoping later we arrive at our amazing new stadium and hey presto we are averaging 25000.

How many fans that Watch us at the Amex ever went to withdean.
I was with you a bit till the last sentence. Can't believe a Brighton fan would say that because of course most Brighton fans knew how tricky it was to get to watch them at the Withdean, an obvious point which some NON Brighton fans seem to be ignorant about.

Last edited:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
http://www.concreteroundabout.co.uk...&t=15858&sid=464b034b946275b179033a0fd5462b9a

This guy has too much time on his hands.

I see they do it to all clubs they play, must have a chip on their shoulders to see who hates them most.

One of them 'used to like Brighton and now hates us' from a few comments on a message board? Pathetic :lolol:

and as for: "Brighton have always hated us though. Which is fine. Because they're irrelevant." :lolol: :lolol:

Delusions of grandeur surpassing Reading's from a few on their board, and that takes some doing.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here