Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MK DONS Supporters

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Have they declared that we are in a false position yet, and will fall down the league to finish mid-table ? ???

( ... and then after we've played them they'll say we are one of the best sides in the league :rock: )

Nope. Nothing of interest whatsoever on their forum that I could see. They mostly expect to lose (looking at their score prediction thread) and think getting to and from the Amex is a total nightmare (but 'they have padded seats like us').

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don't get me started on MK Dons. 5 different people I know are not going on Saturday purely because of Wimbledons status as a league club being taken over and they do not agree with franchise football. As much as I hate what MK stand for I will be suppoting the lads on Saturday. UTA

I'm gonna call 'absolute bullshit' personally :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Who gives a shit

All I will say is that during our last few years at the goldstone we averaged less than 7000 then 14 years of ground hoping later we arrive at our amazing new stadium and hey presto we are averaging 25000.

How many fans that Watch us at the Amex ever went to withdean.

I'd guess at 85% - 95% of current season ticket holders attended an Albion match at Withdean...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We had an average of 3K-4K season ticket holders at Withdean, with attendances of approx 7K.
Don't make the mistake of thinking it was the same 3K floating fans at every game. We took 29K to the Millenium in 2004, for example.

7K average at a Withdean, really? I may be mistaken but I don't think It was that high, can't really remember many games being over 7k, let alone averaging that number.

Edit: just checked, in our last season we averaged around 7300.

09/10 it was 6400
08/09 it was 6000
07/08 it was 5900

Last edited:

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
We had an average of 3K-4K season ticket holders at Withdean, with attendances of approx 7K.
Don't make the mistake of thinking it was the same 3K floating fans at every game. We took 29K to the Millenium in 2004, for example.

We took 35000 to Wembley in 1991 but still averaged less than 10000 the following season.

I know that the more successful you are the bigger crowds you will get whether you support Brighton or any other team in the land.

That is why I take real umbrance in the fact that so far this season we are unbeaten but our attendances are lower than last season.
Why is that? its because our attendances were inflated by Season ticket holders who very rarely attended but were always
Noted on the attendance.
This season is a far better reflection on our attendances as there are far fewer ST no shows.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We took 35000 to Wembley in 1991 but still averaged less than 10000 the following season.

I know that the more successful you are the bigger crowds you will get whether you support Brighton or any other team in the land.

That is why I take real umbrance in the fact that so far this season we are unbeaten but our attendances are lower than last season.j
Why is that? its because our attendances were inflated by Season ticket holders who very rarely attended but were always
Noted on the attendance.
This season is a far better reflection on our attendances as there are far fewer ST no shows.

Your comparison of 10-15k or so MK 'fans' who suddenly started supporting a made up franchise football club to new Albion fans coming to the Amex who didn't used to go to games at a run down shit hole, is quite frankly sickening :thumbsup:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Who gives a shit

All I will say is that during our last few years at the goldstone we averaged less than 7000 then 14 years of ground hoping later we arrive at our amazing new stadium and hey presto we are averaging 25000.

I am sure that I recall reading way back then that the Albion had a fan base of some 20,000. It was just that they did not all go regularly, obviously, but the idea that thousands of new fans have appeared, is simply not true. They were always there.

What was maximum capacity of withdean?

I remember it being Hard to get tickets because it was generally full

Nope, sorry.

Apart from the first couple of seasons you could, if you wanted to, get a ticket for almost any match.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Don't get me started on MK Dons. 5 different people I know are not going on Saturday purely because of Wimbledons status as a league club being taken over and they do not agree with franchise football. As much as I hate what MK stand for I will be suppoting the lads on Saturday. UTA

Thanks for sharing this, very odd decision by those 5, very strange. :shrug:
It will be nice if we thrash MK and they miss it. :)

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I'd guess at 85% - 95% of current season ticket holders attended an Albion match at Withdean...

Yes you are correct. Me and my mates would go to 6-8 matches per season at Withdean but we became season ticket holders when we moved to The Amex...what's the mystery?

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I am sure that I recall reading way back then that the Albion had a fan base of some 20,000. It was just that they did not all go regularly, obviously, but the idea that thousands of new fans have appeared, is simply not true. They were always there.

When we were in the first division in the early 80's we didn't average 25000.
During our last years at the goldstone we only averaged 8000

Look times have changed football has changed.It is now a nicer environment to bring your kids to.

What I am trying to say is that from the club we were in 97 when we left the goldstone to the club we are now is not a million miles
From MK DONS.

Any Albion fan that is under 20 will have no memory of us before Withdean & the Amex.

While MK Dons may have no sole.Everybody has to start somewhere.
I think a lot of the reasons that they get the shit they do is the town the represent rather than the football team.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Who gives a shit

No more than 7000 i should think :)

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
You want a plastic team then it's Wigan Athletic.
A rugby town who made it to the big time under good management & finances yet never managed to attract the fans to sustain
Success

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Out of interest, do people see a difference between MK Dons relocation and the so called franchise football and those occasions where teams go into administration and someone buys the assets and history at a rock bottom price shafting all the small creditors and at the same time retaining a league position that they probably don't deserve.

I know it's not quite the same but it still sucks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here