Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MK Dons or Charlton in 3rd round of FA Cup

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Charlton have had some decent results in recent weeks and are only 2 points off the playoffs. MK have been rubbish and almost lost to a non league side at home in the 1st round.

I saw the game on Saturday. Charlton were atrocious. If Franchise FC could shoot straight they'd have been 3-0 up by half time, and they had a shot cleared off the line (by Andrew Crofts) in stoppage time.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Either should be winnable. Every time we go out to a lower league side in cups I feel our reserves are not as hungry to impress as I would expect. Perhaps quite happy as a club to be out. Then the balls draw a huge game next round that would make money and yet tire first teamers if played. Mixed views and thus don't really care........ as long as we are up there in top 6 at end of the year.

I would personally play a much weaker side but tell them to go all guns blazing and win the tie as that is what I'd want should they be called into a more important game.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I still cant get over charltons poster at Brighton station advertising free coaches while we were at Gillingham They are also still trying to pinch Gills fans as well. Despicable club. Mk Dons please every time, esp as the real Wimbledon are back now.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Yes, let's get over Bellotti, Archer and Stanley and have them as guests on the pitch at half time on Friday too. (I realise at least one of them is dead).

All for respecting history , but move on !

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Dont think I've ever known such a dull FA Cup 3rd round draw. Hope it's Charlton.

Probable TV games:

Man Utd v Reading.
Preston v Arsenal.
West Ham v Man City.
Everton v Leicester.
Liverpool v Plymouth/Newport.

Third Round TV ties

Friday 6 January 2017
West Ham United v Manchester City (7.55pm) – BBC One

Saturday 7 January 2017
Manchester United v Reading (12.30pm) – BT Sport 2
Preston North End v Arsenal (5.30pm) – BT Sport 2

Sunday 8 January 2017
Liverpool v Plymouth Argyle or Newport County (1.30pm) – BT Sport 2
Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (4pm) – BBC One

Monday 9 January 2017
Cambridge United v Leeds United (7.45pm) – BT Sport 2

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I still cant get over charltons poster at Brighton station advertising free coaches while we were at Gillingham They are also still trying to pinch Gills fans as well. Despicable club. Mk Dons please every time, esp as the real Wimbledon are back now.

I do like to chuckle at your contempt for Charlton. To be fair, Charlton's fans are amongst the most supportive (and frankly, knowledgeable) in the game. I doubt it was a fan's idea to say "I know, lets hoover up all Brighton's support seeing as they are on their knees".

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Excellent news: can we invite those utter GOONS from MK Dons TV down for the day please?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Pleased that the Charlton brothers-in-arms Wankfest has been avoided.

Not that I'll go regardless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here