Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MK Dons most famous supporter....

Who the F...ck are you ?

MK is a great place, young, vibrant and it can be whatever you want it to be.

Whether it's consumerism (great shopping) history, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Bletchley Park, Woburn etc etc

Just about the fastest growing population in the UK (over many years)

Brilliant geographical position

Could go on, but having lived in both Shoreham & MK (no competition)

MK is a sound place

Over the next twenty years MK is going to be a major player in any category you want,

And don't forget the Franchise Football Club.

Parasites.

theboybilly

When Wimbledon went one of the clubs due for relegation out of the League should have stayed. This process should have filtered down the league pyramid until a suitable position was found for the new club (Ryman League?). Why shouldn't another club have been promoted from the Conference? Surely they must've had a case.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I prefer to live in reading than Brighton that's for sure....Brighton is a great night out,but it has little investment and to many weirdo's like London.
To many students
To many gays:lolol:
To many tree huggers
To many homeless
Even had the useless greens running the place...

Guess everybody likes different things :)

Too many tos.

Technohead

Aug 10, 2013
Burgess Hill
I prefer to live in reading than Brighton that's for sure....Brighton is a great night out,but it has little investment and to many weirdo's like London.
To many students
To many tree huggers
To many homeless

I detest Reading ..... but then I've probably got an unhealthy negative bias towards the place having recently been fined for inadvertently driving down the poorly signed bus lane / cash cow that is Minster Street.

My limited experience of Milton Keynes (Xscape centre and the snozone) however has been altogether more positive.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I live in Crawley, have done all my life and I find MK soulless.

Feb 14, 2010
As a long standing resident of Milton Keynes, let me say this. First of all the best parts of it are in fact the old towns and villages that have been absorbed by MK since 1967. The centre is soulless, rootless and increasingly run down. The shops are mainly the same bland chain stores you unfortunately see in every town and city in the UK.

As a former employee of MK Development Corporation, I can tell you that the "plan" for sporting provision" of the spectator rather than the playing variety was always to cater for "new" and "minor"sports like baseball and American football, the now demolished Hockey Stadium (once MK Dons home) being a prime example. In fact I remember vividly the Deputy Director of MKDC telling me that there was absolutely no plan for professional football in the town, and that any chance of Luton relocating to MK was dead in the water. This was in the late 1980s. Ironically they were worried about "hooliganism and mindless violence", which now pervades most of the run down estates surrounding the centre. In fact that new cops story "Cuffs" should have been set in MK, as it is rife with violence, gang warfare, racial tensions, drug problems and numerous anti-social activities. The club that could have been built up to eventually work its way into the football league was the now defunct Milton Keynes City, who played at Manor Fields in Bletchley.

Nevertheless, there was always a great desire among many residents to have a league team in MK. It took Pete Winkleman and his consortium to deliver that, albeit by a devious route, namely the appropriation of Wimbledon, capitalising on its problems. I have to say that the MK Dons for all its faults and history, is very active in the community, building links with grass roots football organisations and assisting in sports provision in general, though they now harbour delusions of grandeur and this may evaporate on the altar of money power if they ever got into the Premiership.

Karl Robinson however was very complementary about the Albion and Chris Hughton on BBC Three Counties Radio this morning.

Now come on Albion let us see a massive victory, not least to save your surprising number of fans in MK their blushes.

None of that changes the simple fact that they stole Wimbledon's p[lace in the football league. I and everyone would have been delighted to see MK start their own team and then, by winning games and earning their place, reach the football league. Had they done that, then they would have had momentum and been a good news story. They also would have had a fan base like Wiimbledon, who did much the same (although Wimbledon were a long standing non league club before the did it). MK plans and desire for sport is fine, but earn it, dont steal it.

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I would rather live in Newhaven than MK or Reading ( Sir Albion and that place deserve each other )
Anywhere in Sussex is better than both of those places.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As a long standing resident of Milton Keynes, let me say this. First of all the best parts of it are in fact the old towns and villages that have been absorbed by MK since 1967. The centre is soulless, rootless and increasingly run down. The shops are mainly the same bland chain stores you unfortunately see in every town and city in the UK.

As a former employee of MK Development Corporation, I can tell you that the "plan" for sporting provision" of the spectator rather than the playing variety was always to cater for "new" and "minor"sports like baseball and American football, the now demolished Hockey Stadium (once MK Dons home) being a prime example. In fact I remember vividly the Deputy Director of MKDC telling me that there was absolutely no plan for professional football in the town, and that any chance of Luton relocating to MK was dead in the water. This was in the late 1980s. Ironically they were worried about "hooliganism and mindless violence", which now pervades most of the run down estates surrounding the centre. In fact that new cops story "Cuffs" should have been set in MK, as it is rife with violence, gang warfare, racial tensions, drug problems and numerous anti-social activities. The club that could have been built up to eventually work its way into the football league was the now defunct Milton Keynes City, who played at Manor Fields in Bletchley.

Nevertheless, there was always a great desire among many residents to have a league team in MK. It took Pete Winkleman and his consortium to deliver that, albeit by a devious route, namely the appropriation of Wimbledon, capitalising on its problems. I have to say that the MK Dons for all its faults and history, is very active in the community, building links with grass roots football organisations and assisting in sports provision in general, though they now harbour delusions of grandeur and this may evaporate on the altar of money power if they ever got into the Premiership.

Karl Robinson however was very complementary about the Albion and Chris Hughton on BBC Three Counties Radio this morning.

Now come on Albion let us see a massive victory, not least to save your surprising number of fans in MK their blushes.

Job on the MK Marketing Board going well ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
To many students
To many tree huggers
To many homeless

Reading - Too many people who can't spell :dunce:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Really?
Fans that follow their club in the lower divisions are plastic?
With the amount of unnecessary grief they get I have nothing but praise for them.

Clueless. Doesn't even work as a wind up. You should have been there today. They're an embarassment to humanity never mind football fans. Less bothered with the trip than Preston. They've stolen everything from a football club to songs to a poster from the Amex. Middle class replica shirt wearing noddy Spurs fans with less taste than Jordan and far less chance of getting laid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here