Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MK Dons most famous supporter....

portway

Mar 31, 2009
Yes agree regarding the join date and number of post. Probably down to the snooze factor of your board and the excellent distraction of all things MK.

My youth was spent in Shoreham when Clough and Taylor were at the helm. Good players like Peter Ward, Peter Mellor, Mark Lawrenson

(a great purchase from Preston) Des Lynam on BBC radio Brighton, and delivering the evening Argus whatever the weather such fond memories.

I value my time in MK every as much as I did in Shoreham and respectful of both. But I get a little (lot) pissed off with the usual throw away lines (garbage )
of MK as it's a very good place to have landed.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The comments are not so much about the place (I know nothing about it, really), just the abomination of a football club.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Yes agree regarding the join date and number of post. Probably down to the snooze factor of your board and the excellent distraction of all things MK.

My youth was spent in Shoreham when Clough and Taylor were at the helm. Good players like Peter Ward, Peter Mellor, Mark Lawrenson

(a great purchase from Preston) Des Lynam on BBC radio Brighton, and delivering the evening Argus whatever the weather such fond memories.

I value my time in MK every as much as I did in Shoreham and respectful of both. But I get a little (lot) pissed off with the usual throw away lines (garbage )

Oh give over its full of roundabouts and warehouses, not a place you choose to live unless your work takes you there or chasing pussy.
If you don't like the throw away lines then don't read others forums, majority of fans don't like how MK Dons came into existence regardless if it's dons fans fault or not.

Maybe give it another generation or two and people won't care.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I just hope football is the real winner
Very disrespectful to fans from Milton Keynes who go out and support their town...Its not the people of Milton Keynes thought that they had Wimbledon move there and they have dons in their name.

I actually like MKD's as a club as they're a well run club who play good football:clap2:

Time people moved on as they're blaming the wrong people

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Who the F...ck are you ?

MK is a great place, young, vibrant and it can be whatever you want it to be.

Whether it's consumerism (great shopping) history, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Bletchley Park, Woburn etc etc

Just about the fastest growing population in the UK (over many years)

Brilliant geographical position

Could go on, but having lived in both Shoreham & MK (no competition)

MK is a sound place

Over the next twenty years MK is going to be a major player in any category you want,

:laugh:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Peter Mellor? The Fulham goalkeeper?

I once had to spend a few days in MK on a CCNA study course. After a day wrestling with router sub-nets, I was anxious to find a decent pub but these obviously weren't a priority when designing the city. The centre had the usual soul-less Wetherspoons/Slug and Lettuce type places and the usual chain restaurants. It was a profoundly depressing experience.

I do want to go to the Bletchley Park museum but the thought of setting foot in MK again continues to put me off

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Who the F...ck are you ?

MK is a great place, young, vibrant and it can be whatever you want it to be.

Whether it's consumerism (great shopping) history, Stony Stratford, Wolverton, Bletchley Park, Woburn etc etc

Just about the fastest growing population in the UK (over many years)

Brilliant geographical position

Could go on, but having lived in both Shoreham & MK (no competition)

MK is a sound place

Over the next twenty years MK is going to be a major player in any category you want,

Is it? I have stayed there a couple of times, shall we talk about Crawley, ah... already done.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
It's actually a pretty good place and it seems that unless it's Brighton everywhere else is shite...Same was said about reading in which is a great place to live and very prosperous.

Reading:laugh:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I prefer to live in reading than Brighton that's for sure....Brighton is a great night out,but it has little investment and to many weirdo's like London.
To many students
To many gays:lolol:
To many tree huggers
To many homeless
Even had the useless greens running the place...

Guess everybody likes different things :)

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I prefer to live in reading than Brighton that's for sure....Brighton is a great night out,but it has little investment and to many weirdo's like London.
To many students
To many gays:lolol:
To many tree huggers
To many homeless
Even had the useless greens running the place...

Guess everybody likes different things :)

Fair enough. Where do you go for your holidays, Basildon?

Feb 14, 2010
My great grandfather watched the Albion every now and again and probably drilled on the Goldstone before being shipped off to France. MK Dons, who were their great grandfathers following? Well I'm not militant but there are two clubs where "normal business rules" wouldn't apply if I ran the Albion. Palace, where business would be very limited and MK Dons where there would be an absolute prohibition. I witnessed us us decline from the early 80's,saw the Archer years, remember talk that we would be MK Albion and have nothing but respect for Wimbledon. A proper small club who achieved so much (remember that Cup Final) only for someone to steal their identity and league status because they would not work their way up he football pyramid. I never consider an MK Dons game a proper fixture. Today is about 3 points, but we do not play a side that have any relevance. Normally I'm interested in who we play against, their fans, history, ground, city all sorts. But not today.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
My great grandfather watched the Albion every now and again and probably drilled on the Goldstone before being shipped off to France. MK Dons, who were their great grandfathers following? Well I'm not militant but there are two clubs where "normal business rules" wouldn't apply if I ran the Albion. Palace, where business would be very limited and MK Dons where there would be an absolute prohibition. I witnessed us us decline from the early 80's,saw the Archer years, remember talk that we would be MK Albion and have nothing but respect for Wimbledon. A proper small club who achieved so much (remember that Cup Final) only for someone to steal their identity and league status because they would not work their way up he football pyramid. I never consider an MK Dons game a proper fixture. Today is about 3 points, but we do not play a side that have any relevance. Normally I'm interested in who we play against, their fans, history, ground, city all sorts. But not today.
Take those rose tinted specs off...
MKD's is a proper football club with a proper stadium and real fans that follow their club...its people like you that live in some sort of time warp where new clubs are not allowed to form.Remember all clubs have formed at some point wether its recently or 150 odd years ago.
If you want to blame anyone then you blame the old Wimbledon owner and the Wimbledon residents who didn't want a football club there.

Feb 14, 2010
Take those rose tinted specs off...
MKD's is a proper football club with a proper stadium and real fans that follow their club...its people like you that live in some sort of time warp where new clubs are not allowed to form.Remember all clubs have formed at some point wether its recently or 150 odd years ago.
If you want to blame anyone then you blame the old Wimbledon owner and the Wimbledon residents who didn't want a football club there.

No mate, I'm all for starting new football and cricket clubs. But when you do so, you take your place and earn your place at the top by winning games. Wimbledon were a small non league club who earned their place in the football league. They had generations of fans who had watched them as non league. They are now a stronger club than ever in terms of fan base, but and this is the point, someone else stole their identity and their place in the football league. I still believe in fair play and right / wrong. That was wrong. MK should should have worked their way up by winning divisions. You obviously were not around when they tried to do it to us. At least Archer didnt do that to us but he had his own plans.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
As a long standing resident of Milton Keynes, let me say this. First of all the best parts of it are in fact the old towns and villages that have been absorbed by MK since 1967. The centre is soulless, rootless and increasingly run down. The shops are mainly the same bland chain stores you unfortunately see in every town and city in the UK.

As a former employee of MK Development Corporation, I can tell you that the "plan" for sporting provision" of the spectator rather than the playing variety was always to cater for "new" and "minor"sports like baseball and American football, the now demolished Hockey Stadium (once MK Dons home) being a prime example. In fact I remember vividly the Deputy Director of MKDC telling me that there was absolutely no plan for professional football in the town, and that any chance of Luton relocating to MK was dead in the water. This was in the late 1980s. Ironically they were worried about "hooliganism and mindless violence", which now pervades most of the run down estates surrounding the centre. In fact that new cops story "Cuffs" should have been set in MK, as it is rife with violence, gang warfare, racial tensions, drug problems and numerous anti-social activities. The club that could have been built up to eventually work its way into the football league was the now defunct Milton Keynes City, who played at Manor Fields in Bletchley.

Nevertheless, there was always a great desire among many residents to have a league team in MK. It took Pete Winkleman and his consortium to deliver that, albeit by a devious route, namely the appropriation of Wimbledon, capitalising on its problems. I have to say that the MK Dons for all its faults and history, is very active in the community, building links with grass roots football organisations and assisting in sports provision in general, though they now harbour delusions of grandeur and this may evaporate on the altar of money power if they ever got into the Premiership.

Karl Robinson however was very complementary about the Albion and Chris Hughton on BBC Three Counties Radio this morning.

Now come on Albion let us see a massive victory, not least to save your surprising number of fans in MK their blushes.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here