Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
And by golly, doesn't he do it well.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Two Japanese tourists in front of us today seemed to be intent on filming his every move (second half in particular given where we sit) - and then recordings of anything he did that were shown on the big screen. They had a good day…..last seen shuffling into the train queue with their enormous bags of club merch. Kerching !

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I'm not sure what was more amazing...

1. He reached it.
2. He managed to divert it in.
3. He didn't absolutely clatter himself against the post.
4. Ferguson’s flick in the build up.
5. Veltman’s pass in the build up.

I’m glad you started this thread as I was going to start one about this goal as I absolutely loved it. Unbelievable football all round.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I’m glad you started this thread as I was going to start one about this goal as I absolutely loved it. Unbelievable football all round.

That goal was sublime. Ferguson, March the whole thing, just beautiful. I’ve seen the goal back once and I’m now waiting for MOTD. Hoping the pundits focus on just how good we were today.
It was amazing team goal. Although simpler in creation, the Stoke goal was similar.

They're the sort of goal that Man City, in top form, score. They carve a side open and someone has an easy tap-in to finish things off.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It was amazing team goal. Although simpler in creation, the Stoke goal was similar.

They're the sort of goal that Man City, in top form, score. They carve a side open and someone has an easy tap-in to finish things off.
Absolutely. I love those goals! I said on Tuesday that was my favourite goal for a while but today’s topped it.

If you can get players into a position in the area where they can slide passes across the goal, you will get a lot of goals. A lot more than crosses from deep and out wide and long range shooting. It is real coaching goal to get your players into a position to do this regularly which is why it’s so satisfying watching us score these goals. As you say, Man City are the best example of this in recent years but we are without doubt up there now.

Mitoma, March and Gross all have a rare ability to find space, beat their man in tight areas and whip in a cut back. It’s wonderful to watch.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Solly the matador toying with their entire team, shifting them left then right. Everyone forgot about Mitoma.

1:46

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm not sure what was more amazing...

1. He reached it.
2. He managed to divert it in.
3. He didn't absolutely clatter himself against the post.

Had a Japanese couple two rows in front of us. Joined in all the songs etc but boy did the bloke go nuts when Mitoma scored. Jumping around like a lunatic, high fiving everybody around him - looked like he was about to have a heart attack. It was quite gratifying to see someone enjoying their day at the Amex so much. Long may it continue.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here