Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing Woman in London

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
It happens on the TV!

In all seriousness, I think an instant infatuation is one thing and although I claim no expertise I would suggest it does happen. What's scary in this case is the acting on it and doing something. In this case it seems like he's taken an immediate liking to her and totally lost touch with reality, for whatever reason. Knowing nothing about the accused or the crime makes it impossible to say, but I honestly believe anyone is capable of anything if the circumstances, motivation and opportunity are right.

Wow. I'm certainly not disputing what you're saying as I'm not remotely qualified to, but that description suggests something very instinctive and primitive lurking in the darkest corners of the human mind.

I don't think I'm alone in having had the odd thought of "I wouldn't mind a bit of that" - I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of post-pubescent individuals are prone to such thoughts, regardless of gender or sexual orientation. I say that as a married man who has never been unfaithful in his life.

You'd just like to think that in most healthy minded individuals, a sense of moral decency kicks-in. In certain scenarios, of course some people might seek to get what they want through 'legitimate' means (e.g. chatting the person up). I've always imagined that the tiny, tiny proportion of people capable of trying to fulfil their desires through force would have had to have harboured 'bad thoughts' for some time before they eventually act on them.

That said, I used to work with a chap who was eventually sacked following several episodes of deeply concerning, inappropriate behaviour towards women during staff nights out. You'd never have thought him capable of things like that during working hours - nicest bloke in the world. I'm a big believer that drink and drugs, when consumed in sufficient quantity, can strip away a person's 'front', revealing any personality flaws they may have. Some people are angry drunks, some people are emotional while others are pervy. It's not the drink that does it, it has to exist within the individual in the first place - the veneer is simply removed.

Anyway, I'm not suggesting that drink or drugs were a factor - I don't like speculating on tragic matters like this. It's just such a head scratcher.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Wow. I'm certainly not disputing what you're saying as I'm not remotely qualified to, but that description suggests something very instinctive and primitive lurking in the darkest corners of the human mind.

I don't think I'm alone in having had the odd thought of "I wouldn't mind a bit of that" - I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of post-pubescent individuals are prone to such thoughts, regardless of gender or sexual orientation. I say that as a married man who has never been unfaithful in his life.

You'd just like to think that in most healthy minded individuals, a sense of moral decency kicks-in. In certain scenarios, of course some people might seek to get what they want through 'legitimate' means (e.g. chatting the person up). I've always imagined that the tiny, tiny proportion of people capable of trying to fulfil their desires through force would have had to have harboured 'bad thoughts' for some time before they eventually act on them.

That said, I used to work with a chap who was eventually sacked following several episodes of deeply concerning, inappropriate behaviour towards women during staff nights out. You'd never have thought him capable of things like that during working hours - nicest bloke in the world. I'm a big believer that drink and drugs, when consumed in sufficient quantity, can strip away a person's 'front', revealing any personality flaws they may have. Some people are angry drunks, some people are emotional while others are pervy. It's not the drink that does it, it has to exist within the individual in the first place - the veneer is simply removed.

Anyway, I'm not suggesting that drink or drugs were a factor - I don't like speculating on tragic matters like this. It's just such a head scratcher.

I’m not commenting on this case in particular but it is very, very rare that people turn “instantly psychotic”.
In the vast majority of crimes like rape, murder and abuse, there will be a history of psychotic behaviour. It’s very possible that it won’t have been diagnosed but it will have almost certainly been noticed by those close to them. Even if they didn’t know quite what they were seeing.

I have also never seen any evidence to back up the claim that anyone is capable of anything given the right circumstance.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
No, what he is saying is true. You may not like it, but it is true.

Every woman you know has taken a different route. Every woman you know has held keys for self defence. Every woman you know has made a fake phone call. Every woman you know has turned a corner and run. Every woman you know has walked in fear.

This 10000000%

And they are our mothers, sisters, daughter, and friends.
Every women can tell you of a situation of threat/danger at best, and all because they are women and perceived by many as prey.

50% of the worlds population live with the threat and fear of rape,violence and murder.

my first girlfriend before I went out with her was raped when she was 15 in Greece by a friendly waiter who the parents "liked" they never knew about it.
my wife was kidnapped by a taxi driver in Chicago and has a small scar across chest when he pulled a knife, she managed to get out of the car and just ran....
A very close friend had an abusive husband who used to tie her up when he left the house and put her in a cupboard, when she managed to send me a text in secret saying she needed help now, I was living in Camden and time was of the essence so I called a friend who lived close in Manchester and he went round and smashed the door down and got her out the house with a handful of clothes and took her to his parents house.
She is now happily married with two children, unfortunately she has been diagnosed with cancer and things are not looking good for her.
I kick myself to this day for not seeing the abuse, but she always says it's not my fault a lot of our friends just stayed away when she was with this guy who was abusive, because he was aggressive and a bit of hard nut, so people just stopped contacting her and him, but I kept in touch and even met up with him, I was also there when they met, and she asked me what I thought of him, I told her then he is dickhead, she did not listen and laughs about it now. It could have ended so badly for her...

Now having a daughter I worry so much for her safety, as she starting to go out to the park on her own, I am not going to stop her, but I try and point people out rightly or wrongly that stand out, what they are doing why is that guy walking backwards and forwards around those bags, why is that guy there looking at those kids, you know what I mean, it is something as a boy I never had to do.

Sidenote: the guy who was abusive to my friend later died of crohn's disease about four years ago, she says its good to know he died alone shitting himself to death.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This 10000000%

And they are our mothers, sisters, daughter, and friends.
Every women can tell you of a situation of threat/danger at best, and all because they are women and perceived by many as prey.

50% of the worlds population live with the threat and fear of rape,violence and murder.

my first girlfriend before I went out with her was raped when she was 15 in Greece by a friendly waiter who the parents "liked" they never knew about it.
my wife was kidnapped by a taxi driver in Chicago and has a small scar across chest when he pulled a knife, she managed to get out of the car and just ran....
A very close friend had an abusive husband who used to tie her up when he left the house and put her in a cupboard, when she managed to send me a text in secret saying she needed help now, I was living in Camden and time was of the essence so I called a friend who lived close in Manchester and he went round and smashed the door down and got her out the house with a handful of clothes and took her to his parents house.
She is now happily married with two children, unfortunately she has been diagnosed with cancer and things are not looking good for her.
I kick myself to this day for not seeing the abuse, but she always says it's not my fault a lot of our friends just stayed away when she was with this guy who was abusive, because he was aggressive and a bit of hard nut, so people just stopped contacting her and him, but I kept in touch and even met up with him, I was also there when they met, and she asked me what I thought of him, I told her then he is dickhead, she did not listen and laughs about it now. It could have ended so badly for her...

Now having a daughter I worry so much for her safety, as she starting to go out to the park on her own, I am not going to stop her, but I try and point people out rightly or wrongly that stand out, what they are doing why is that guy walking backwards and forwards around those bags, why is that guy there looking at those kids, you know what I mean, it is something as a boy I never had to do.

Sidenote: the guy who was abusive to my friend later died of crohn's disease about four years ago, she says its good to know he died alone shitting himself to death.

Thank you.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Why this guy chose a career in the police force baffles me with what he's just done.

Only if it turns out he is guilty of the crime, off course.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I can categorically state with 100% fact that when some women do walk alone in the dark they have their phone to their ear and pretend to be talking to someone, no listening to music, as well as walking fast & generally being in a extremely high state of alert.
It may be a fact that more men are murdered than women but it's possible that more women are raped by strangers than men.
Imagine you have an 18 year old son and a 20 year old daughter, they'd both separately walked half a mile (10 min walk) at midnight. Would you be more likely to say to your daughter that she's an idiot and could've been raped or murdered and ask her why she didn't get a taxi? If they both called you within 10 mins of each other asking for £6 taxi fare would you be more likely to give the money to your daughter and tell your son to walk?
[MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] , it is very rare that people suffering from a psychotic episode go on to commit serious crimes such as rape and murder, you just hear about those. I would also like you to point me to evidence/research that says the 'vast majority' of those type of crimes are committed by people suffering from psychosis?

Rest in peace Sarah.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why this guy chose a career in the police force baffles me with what he's just done.

Only if it turns out he is guilty of the crime, off course.

A minority in some professions join for the chance to get up to no good, not just priests and teachers but the occasional nurse and doctor. And policeman. The exceptions that (etc etc).

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I would say that any police officer found guilty of a heinous crime will have one hell of a ride in prison.
Hated by the other in-mates and also by the prison officers.

(if found guilty of course.)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Either he has told the police were to look for the body (in which case I thought he would have been charged already), or telemetry from a car or mobile phone data has led them there. Which as a copper he must have known would be the case.

It’s just baffling.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
This is a generic statement, I just don’t buy into the naming of suspects, especially before but even after charging. Innocent until proven guilty. Is there a compelling reason?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is a generic statement, I just don’t buy into the naming of suspects, especially before but even after charging. Innocent until proven guilty. Is there a compelling reason?

Agree. One assumes this one is a nailed-on guity so the naming and shaming has a whiff of virtue signaling about it.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
No idea if it’s true, but I read somewhere that it’s in case anyone wants to come forward with more evidence, maybe of previous offences.

Does seem harsh if you’re not guilty though. Mud sticks.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
No, what he is saying is true. You may not like it, but it is true.

Every woman you know has taken a different route. Every woman you know has held keys for self defence. Every woman you know has made a fake phone call. Every woman you know has turned a corner and run. Every woman you know has walked in fear.

Yep it is true. It’s every women. I know all those feeling and done all those things, so has my now 19 year old daughter.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I’m not commenting on this case in particular but it is very, very rare that people turn “instantly psychotic”.

I have also never seen any evidence to back up the claim that anyone is capable of anything given the right circumstance.

I agree with your first sentence but I disagree strongly with your second. In fact i find it quite naive. I think law and order and decency can break down quite quickly in certain circumstances. If the pandemic we've been in now had kicked on more strongly with huge numbers seriously ill and dying and basic services lost/food/power shortages then I'm sure we could have seen such a break down. Also, I fail to believe that many Nazi's in WW2 were lurking monsters before the war - more that huge power and control, observing atrocities, being ordered to commit atrocities, brainwashing propaganda etc ....then some (not all) people can be capable of anything.

Aswell as great beauty in nature there is also great cruelty, the strongest males rape and kill how they want, including other's offspring. We like to think we are "above that" but we still have a lizard and monkey part of our brain that has those base instincts that can come out. Fight or flight or kill. Sadly, I think women will always have to be more careful, aware and protected than they "should" be in a "civilised society". Men are predators. I think many men who have no history of abuse, aggression etc can find themselves in a situation and consider "I can get away with this" and act greatly "out of character". Anyway, just my opinion. It saddens me but I think it's undeniable.

edit - rip to this beautiful young woman, if, as it seems implied in the families comments (past tense) she has been murdered.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
If you’re here with your very thinly veiled agenda you will no longer be able to contribute to this thread.

I don’t have any agenda , I just know that area is quite rough but I accept it’s better than it was 20 years ago But You only have to look at the crime statistics, there still high . Why do I get accused of an agenda ! ! ! I don’t make the crime facts up . If it had happened in Brighton I would have been a lot more shocked .

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here