Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing Woman in London

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Amazingly as it might seem I’ve not been following details over the alleged perpetrator that closely....but that’s definitely his photo?
It’s probably been mentioned before but bears an uncanny resemblance to...
No - it is a photo of the someone he looks like.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Put a chip in everyone, it'll stop most crimes or at least they will not be able to get away with anything.

I'm genuinely not sure if you're serious but is it really news to you that anyone who carries a smart phone with them is effectively "chipped"? Doesn't seem to be stopping crime at all.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Put a chip in everyone, it'll stop most crimes or at least they will not be able to get away with anything.

This is something that should never, EVER happen.

Microchips are for pets not humans.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Twice you've mentioned late at night. This young woman went missing and was murdered consequently at 9pm.

Women including my 13 year old daughter have been flashed or assaulted in broad daylight, at work, in trains, on the tube, etc

I accept you have fears but they aren't 24/7.

Im really sorry to hear that your 13 year old daughter has had to go through something like that, its absolutely sickening and I can understand why you would feel so strongly about this issue.

I mentioned late at night specifically in relation to the incidents that happened to me but of course violent crime occurs at all times of the day or night. My wife was mugged at the end of our road in London walking to work at 7pm and that could just have easily been me. Male or female what are you going to do if the attacker has a weapon/ knife? We actually had so many incidences of crime we either witnessed or happened directly to us in a few short years that it eventually led us to move out of the city.

This issue of violent crime urgently needs addressing but at the moment it seems like a very complex issue involving factors like economic deprivation, health and education is being condensed in to a simple narrative that in my opinion doesn't tell the whole picture.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I've never done that but I don'tt think it's weird at all actually. Your put down is weirder, marks you out as a bit of a knob.

Well, let's avoid name calling on a thread such as this but yes, it is an incredibly strange idea. Most women, I should think, would be scared witless if a complete stranger, a man in the middle of the night shouted out, unprompted, "I'm just going home now". That would get most people, let alone women, thinking "what the heck is he playing at"? I mean, it is a very strange concept.

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
I don’t believe in the death penalty, be it the rope or the wood chipper, but if guilty, then lock him up for good.

Two apparently self-inflicted head injuries in two days... looks like he’s sh!tting himself and trying to find the coward’s way out. Good (that he’s scared - should be!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
As a previous poster has pointed out you are almost chipped by just walking around with your smart phone on.

Kind of. But you have a choice to have a smart phone. Chipping people would make the ultimate surveillance state.

I'd give my life before losing my right to privacy.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I'm genuinely not sure if you're serious but is it really news to you that anyone who carries a smart phone with them is effectively "chipped"? Doesn't seem to be stopping crime at all.

That's fine for on the spur of the moment, but you can throw away phones etc I get a monthly Google map showing where I have been over the last month, no problem to me. I would be happy to be chipped if it stops many rapes and murders but each to their own reasons.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
The guy's 48 years old. Would be absolutely gobsmacked if this turned out to be the freak's first offence

It's surprising if he is surrounded by detectives they didn't detect something about his character, as per the other police killer link previously on this thread.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Car mechanic to armed police officer in a protection unit. Rather odd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here