Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing Woman in London

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I don’t believe in the death penalty, be it the rope or the wood chipper, but if guilty, then lock him up for good.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
yes sorry! I of course it is a minority of men a defiantly not all men. But the small number are causing massive issues. Unfortunately the bad ones do not have a tattoo on their face letting us know to avoid them. If you went in to a cage with lions and were told only 1 of the 100 (that is just an example and not what I think the percentage of men are bad) will rip your head off you would still be wary of all of them.

What I was trying to say was that she was trying to turn the women should stay indoors for their own safety on it's head and that she know it's a stupid idea.

History tells us that perpetrators of crimes like this are often the least likely to be suspected. For example, the BTK Killer, Ted Bundy and others were well respected in their day to day lives. Sadly, people can hold demonstrations all day long, but it won't stop maniacs like this killing innocent people.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But what can we do, though?

(I actually don’t think the police should be telling women not to go out. Women have a perfect right to go out when they choose. It’s not the job of the police to dictate to citizens what unacceptable risks are.)

I'll unblock you when I can work out how to do it. A steady stream of well considered comment :thumbsup:

(what was I on? ???)

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
But what can we do, though?

(I actually don’t think the police should be telling women not to go out. Women have a perfect right to go out when they choose. It’s not the job of the police to dictate to citizens what unacceptable risks are.)

These types of crime will always exist. They occur all over the world. This isnt something new.
Unfortunately humans are flawed in many respects.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
[MENTION=13923]carlzeiss[/MENTION] knew this when he/she threw this into the thread. It attempted to derail it.

I agree with ozzygull. Women have been told not to come home on their own, not to wear hoodies or their hair in a ponytail because it can be grabbed easily. What clothes to wear, which way to walk home, which app to use on their phone, etc etc.

This suspect is a married man, father of two, in a trusted occupation, and seemingly liked by his neighbours. It isn't all men, but women have no way of knowing which men.

When males go out, do you all promise each other to send a message as soon as you're safe indoors? This is daily life for most women,

I've seen the narrative about Women living in fear while men can carry on without any worries has exploded over the last few days.

I am wondering if I am I the only man who resonates with some of this stuff about being fearful on the streets out at night?

Ive through my life been involved in several incidents when I was attacked or threatened late at night. These incidences have made me very wary when out at night and in certain situations.

I think as blokes we don't talk about this sort of stuff because 'we should be able to handle ourselves' but I've certainly panicked when someone has walked up behind me, been on edge when someone has walked towards me looking a bit dodgy and walking past groups of blokes. Ive also grabbed the the keys in my pocket to use as a weapon, crossed the road, sped up, pretty much everything that has been mentioned by Women as their reality when alone at night is also mine.

Ive also lived in London and would never have walked about in certain parts of London late at night on my own as its just not safe to so. Violent crime is a big problem in some parts of the country and the stats show that as a Man you are much more likely to be a victim of violent crime.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Put a chip in everyone, it'll stop most crimes or at least they will not be able to get away with anything.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've seen the narrative about Women living in fear while men can carry on without any worries has exploded over the last few days.

I am wondering if I am I the only man who resonates with some of this stuff about being fearful on the streets out at night?

Ive through my life been involved in several incidents when I was attacked or threatened late at night. These incidences have made me very wary when out at night and in certain situations.

I think as blokes we don't talk about this sort of stuff because 'we should be able to handle ourselves' but I've certainly panicked when someone has walked up behind me, been on edge when someone has walked towards me looking a bit dodgy and walking past groups of blokes. Ive also grabbed the the keys in my pocket to use as a weapon, crossed the road, sped up, pretty much everything that has been mentioned by Women as their reality when alone at night is also mine.

Ive also lived in London and would never have walked about in certain parts of London late at night on my own as its just not safe to so. Violent crime is a big problem in some parts of the country and the stats show that as a Man you are much more likely to be a victim of violent crime.

Twice you've mentioned late at night. This young woman went missing and was murdered consequently at 9pm.

Women including my 13 year old daughter have been flashed or assaulted in broad daylight, at work, in trains, on the tube, etc

I accept you have fears but they aren't 24/7.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm always wary of a woman walking alone at night, especially if I'm walking behind and catching up.

On every occasion, I've crossed the road and carried on.

Quite a few times, from the other side of the road, I've said where I am going.

Most times, when we go different ways, there is acknowledgement , but it's really sad that's how it is,

How weird.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
48 year old Wayne Couzens charged.

67E64A65-0397-45B4-B4C8-D9BA77A603EA.png

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

I think as man it’s totally different, it’s like saying as a man I’ve had my bum pinched in a bar a couple times so what. Males fight each other and have done for generations I don’t think you can compare the two.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

E8C2B5AB-79F0-4AF8-84F2-BA40982F34E3.jpeg

I saw this on Twitter this morning.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

Yes indeed. I was involved in a rather innoculous fight (it seemed at the time) when I was 21. 4 of us followed by 4 others. 2 of us seperated so a fight ensured 2 against 4 of them. I got kicked in the head (after being punched from behind), defended myself ok in the end, not really any visible injuries....however months later had serious detached retinas in both eyes, caught by accident and had emergency sight-saving surgery. The consultant said most likely caused by the kicks to the head. I consider myself very lucky as around that time a young lad was kicked in the head and badly brain damaged... Lesson learnt: sometimes you cannot walk away from a fight if the aggressor wants it. In retrospect I should have turned around and faced the inevitable, possibly even struck first.

Spent a life thereafter always wary of groups of loud, cocky/cokey lads, never really felt comfortable in a pub since, wary of the bloke who shouts out "oi" when I walk past. I'm tall and often have attracted aggression. When i was younger it didn't both me too much, I have long reach. Since the eye op very wary (told by the conusltant no rollercoasters, bungee jumps, car accidents/whiplash and no punches to the head!).

This of course is very different to a woman's perspective (and going off too on a tangent I expect but I get what you're saying) but it still helps me empathise with their plight. Also, I'm afraid, men cannot be trusted (and women should always be wary). In particular, a group of friends should never let a sole woman go her way on foot at the end of the evening, especially after drinking (because drinking affects our judgement and makes us more blase).

edited.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here