Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] missing thread?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
As I don't want to play games around this all night: no.

I have a whole range of google news email alerts set up and one of them came through with a link to an article on the club website about our annual accounts. I popped on here, no-one else had posted it so I quickly did the honours.

Then some stuff happened.

So, do you know when the story will be re-released

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There’s no-one left employed in the media team this morning to post it :lolol:
Last week I spilled a cup of tea all over the laptop and it's now a challenge to get I-Tunes and my pods from it.

I'm thinking of applying for a job in the Albion's media dept.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So, do you know when the story will be re-released
You'd imagine it will be sometime after RDZ's pre-Brentford presser at 1:30, so the journos can't bait him about the club's ambitions should the club announce a BUMPER profit.

I'd plump for late afternoon today.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
You'd imagine it will be sometime after RDZ's pre-Brentford presser at 1:30, so the journos can't bait him about the club's ambitions should the club announce a BUMPER profit.

Except all the journo's will know already - given it was 'released' and then unreleased last week! Could be interesting.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
The accounts aren’t available on companies house yet, I checked… 🤓

So maybe they are just waiting for them to be filed to release the press statement?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This enterprising fella - did some digging with publicly available data (via data given to EUFA in Euros and then converted back ) and came up with this for 2022/23 accounts last month - in case you're craving some info before the actual accounts are finally published. No idea how accurate it is although it seems close to the figure previewed yesterday.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The accounts aren’t available on companies house yet, I checked… 🤓

So maybe they are just waiting for them to be filed to release the press statement?
Seems a bit strange to suffer a Companies House fine if the accounts are all done

I see Palace are late as usual

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
Seems a bit strange to suffer a Companies House fine if the accounts are all done

I don’t know, but from experience it’s probably something to do with the tax return that is delaying finalising the accounts. - this is usually left to the end and with the bank holiday suspect a fair few have been caught out this year.

Especially here, if as some have suggested, the profits generated give rise to a tax liability.

And, if the person signing off the accounts is based in Australia, the time difference could catch people out. Been there, done that 🤦‍♂️

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Won't the journos just bait him before the Arsenal game instead then ?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
This enterprising fella - did some digging with publicly available data (via data given to EUFA in Euros and then converted back ) and came up with this for 2022/23 accounts last month - in case you're craving some info before the actual accounts are finally published. No idea how accurate it is although it seems close to the figure previewed yesterday.

What happened in 2017/18 to drive all those record profits...?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Wow, it’s increased by £10.3m in a day.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Wow, it’s increased by £10.3m in a day.
I think the discrepancy is due to the Euro > ££ conversion, and tax / pre tax . OR the source of the data (back in early February!) is completely off. But it sounds close if the quoted figure from yesterday is correct.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I don’t know, but from experience it’s probably something to do with the tax return that is delaying finalising the accounts. - this is usually left to the end and with the bank holiday suspect a fair few have been caught out this year.

Especially here, if as some have suggested, the profits generated give rise to a tax liability.

And, if the person signing off the accounts is based in Australia, the time difference could catch people out. Been there, done that 🤦‍♂️
Tax liability would have been worked out ages ago, well before the accounts are passed onto the auditors, if that tax liability hasn't been finalised it'll be ages before the accounts are filed.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Tax liability would have been worked out ages ago, well before the accounts are passed onto the auditors, if that tax liability hasn't been finalised it'll be ages before the accounts are filed.

The auditors may well have signed off the accounts some time ago. Looking online clubs seem to file as late as possible around 31 March, cat n mouse with competitors in revealing a wealth of information? Whilst Steve Parish liked filing very late.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The auditors may well have signed off the accounts some time ago. Looking online clubs seem to file as late as possible around 31 March, cat n mouse with competitors in revealing a wealth of information? Whilst Steve Parish liked filing very late.
It has always struck me as being faintly absurd how late results are made public. I'm not an accountant, but I am based in my company's accounting department and I play a signifcant part in helping my division finalise the books each month. We report our results to corporate on day four! (ie four working days after the end of the month).

There will obviously be items that will take a little longer to finalise at the end of a (reporting period) year, but the clubs should be in a position to publish their results (should there be a desire to do so) literally MONTHS before they are finally made public.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here