[News] Missing submersible.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
People probably said that about people who conquered Everest and crossed the Atlantic, human nature is to push boundaries and adventure to the extremes, otherwise man kind would just stand still.

It’s like saying you don’t have sympathy for someone who sky dives and has a chute failure, the risk is always there.

People just lack empathy towards anything they have no interest in
This wasn't pushing human boundaries, it was commercial voyeurism, let's not dress it up as something it isn't. For me, odd comparisons to make, and a sky diving chute failure doesn't require a massive, costly, time consuming and risky rescue effort involving countless personnel.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
At what point do you reckon the people in there start thinking to themselves that the less people alive, the longer the oxygen lasts?

It’s a horrible thought, but human nature is to survive…

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
At what point do you reckon the people in there start thinking to themselves that the less people alive, the longer the oxygen lasts?

It’s a horrible thought, but human nature is to survive…
Different take, but I was wondering if the CEO had cyanide on board.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Interesting video from the company that owns the Titan sub, with footage of previous dives to Titanic.

It does look incredible albeit obviously very dangerous.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I did wonder why it was white, and not in a bright colour, like those used on life rafts to help make it stand out should they ever find themselves adrift on the surface, to help aid any search and rescue efforts. White will potentially only look like a crest of yet another wave
A lesson learned in professional yacht racing, after Tony Bullimore was rescued from his capsized boat deep in the Southern Ocean during the 1997 Vendee Globe. Amazingly they did manage to locate a white hull among white waves on that occasion, but ever since then yachts need to have their hull and keel a bright colour to stand out against the sea.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Lots of people. They are great fun live.
I used to like Blink 182 and could associate with their lyrics about teenage angst but generally having a bit of a laugh with no responsibilities. I would quite like to see how 3 blokes in their late 40s style out songs with those lyrics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports