Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing Match Day

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
You see what happens as soon as my back turns? :)
Absolutely over the moon though.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Think I'd rather be in 30° in Egypt. Is that Sharm El Sheik?

No Sahl Hasheesh , just along from Hurghada. Really lovely but not as lovely as the Amex today !!

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Great post, but what do you mean about drinking in California?

The idea of a bunch of middle aged herberts (lawyers, accountants, teachers, doctors, managers, executives and people with their own businesses) squeezing into a boozer for two hours of noisy guffawing interrupted by shouts of (Oi, Henry, you old bast*rd ...) is not what they do. They all drive. They avoid beer. They are soooo excited to be in whatever awesome place flashing their $20,000 white teeth and tutting over Donald Trump. It is so boring you wouldn't believe it. Think 1901 club with decent dentists. Although my mate Brad loves coming over to the UK and getting 'bevvied up' ... he's alright!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The idea of a bunch of middle aged herberts (lawyers, accountants, teachers, doctors, managers, executives and people with their own businesses) squeezing into a boozer for two hours of noisy guffawing interrupted by shouts of (Oi, Henry, you old bast*rd ...) is not what they do. They all drive. They avoid beer. They are soooo excited to be in whatever awesome place flashing their $20,000 white teeth and tutting over Donald Trump. It is so boring you wouldn't believe it. Think 1901 club with decent dentists. Although my mate Brad loves coming over to the UK and getting 'bevvied up' ... he's alright!
Haha! Thanks, you painted a very clear picture there. [emoji3]

Jan 30, 2008
First really big game of the season in my opinion, and I'm back here at work, missing it all.
I'm sure others that are abroad or away with work will know what I mean, there is nothing worse.
I will miss getting in the Bystander for brekkie before nipping down the Nelson early doors. The walk down Trafalgar Street to hop on the uni bus to Falmer. Getting the team news en route, talking about the game with everyone, even away fans sometimes.
That last pint in Dicks before heading up to the West Stand to get there just in time to say hi to everyone as Fan Zone is going on.
Then GOSBTS as the teams come out.

God I miss it!
you're getting soft mate :lolol:
regards
DR

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
It was shame about the empty seats as the club said it was sold out, the seat next to us is always empty are tickets being bought by fans hoping will go up. Appart from holidays and work commitments do you have any other reason you have missed the game.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
No chance mate, I'm on a ship where all streaming is blocked, not that our internet can cope with streaming anyway!

I was also on a ship, but am now in a hotel in Barbados. My Mrs has been in hospital here for over a week after being taken seriously ill on the ship. I followed the game on BT Sport until half time, when I had to go visiting, 1--0 to the Seagulls. You should have heard the ROAR in my room when I saw the final score.
It has gone 4am here and I am still on NSC.
Mrs Langley has been in hospital for10 days, and we are flying home on Monday.
WARNING, if you are going on a cruise get the very best holiday insurance that you can, had we not done so we would have had a bill in excess of £20.000. Do not think " it will never happen to me " because it can.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I was also on a ship, but am now in a hotel in Barbados. My Mrs has been in hospital here for over a week after being taken seriously ill on the ship. I followed the game on BT Sport until half time, when I had to go visiting, 1--0 to the Seagulls. You should have heard the ROAR in my room when I saw the final score.
WARNING, if you are going on a cruise get the very best holiday insurance that you can, had we not done so we would have had a bill in excess of £20.000. Do not think " it will never happen to me " because it can.
I hope the Mrs gets better quickly.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I missed it as I opted for a Halloween party in London... regretting my choice now. Couldn't believe it following on twitter

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sorry to hear - hope she's ok and gets well soon

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave

Blimey, safe trip home.

We had 2 medical emergencies in one day yesterday. Had to divert to Messina Sicily to disembark them. Now missing our scheduled call to Mykonos today. Over 2,000 unhappy guests.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here