Missile World Cup

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
555817_10201202041367412_778583568_n.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
But it will be on the front cover of The Sun and the Daily Mail, and on the BBC, and that is enough proof for 99.9% of people in England.

UN inspectors....what a joke.....has anyone seen the staged and coreographed images of them there, and their cars......pure propaganda......oh, and there were snipers too......blah blah blah.

It is all about oil, corps, and the stock market.

America is getting over its love affair with oil and is fracking like crazy, reports suggest that it is well on the way to becoming self sufficient for it's energy needs and within 10 years could be a net exporter. The rest of the world can squabble over what's left of the Middle East.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
America is getting over its love affair with oil and is fracking like crazy, reports suggest that it is well on the way to becoming self sufficient for it's energy needs and within 10 years could be a net exporter. The rest of the world can squabble over what's left of the Middle East.

never. With Syria they also get the the corp contracts to rebuild the things they blow up, and also get more bases close to Iran, and get their western central bank poodles in there too.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
never. With Syria they also get the the corp contracts to rebuild the things they blow up, and also get more bases close to Iran, and get their western central bank poodles in there too.

You appear to be wrong.......Russia will still have the major influence, and if the jihadists take over in a democracy style government(small chance)....they will align with anyone bar the west.....

Don't forget, as I have already said, the US and UK don't buy any oil from Syria, and they are a very small player in the world of oil producers.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Maybe, but they will have to endure a lot of shit before it ends, plus of course, you have the prospect of other Arab countries getting involved, and then we have a major conflagration.

I find it difficult to find an Arab country that would get involved. Jordan - US lover. Egypt - too much trouble at home. Saudi - US lover. Iraq - too much trouble at home / don't have external Army capability. Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, UAE etc... no capability / US lovers. None of the African based Arab states would - too much trouble from Mali / AQIM.

So who would get involved?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
There are certainly a lot of Iraqis fighting in Syria at the moment. Its kind of confusing who they are fighting for though... ive seen reports of Iraqis fighting for Assad, and the FSA, so its a sunni and shi-ite/alawite thing going on..

Last edited:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
OK, just like the non-white population in apartheid South Africa eh?? A minority group ruling with an iron fist, tough social and political controls on all levels....see the similarities?

It was certainly a technical fact that there was fuller employment and less crime before full democracy took its place. Does that mean that the regime shouldn't have been toppled?......no, there will be pain, but in a generation or so, there will be stability.....we hope.

Totally, and Rhodesia. Look at the mess they make for themselves - high crime rates, massive corruption, and still the shanty towns. They even manage to get their police to kill striking miners.

I was talking with a very well educated arab today. He believes that democracy is simply too complicated in the Middle East, and all of their countries need to be governed by strong dictators like Sadam.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

You are blue Peter and I claim my £5

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Totally, and Rhodesia. Look at the mess they make for themselves - high crime rates, massive corruption, and still the shanty towns. They even manage to get their police to kill striking miners.

I was talking with a very well educated arab today. He believes that democracy is simply too complicated in the Middle East, and all of their countries need to be governed by strong dictators like Sadam.

There are not high crime rates in Zimbabwe, the people are very passive. Corruption, yes, amongst the ruling elite and Generals. Didn't see any shanty towns when I was there, in May, plenty of mud hut villages outside the urban areas. But even in these areas, all the kids are smartly dressed in school uniforms.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
There's no proof he did......propaganda...propaganda......IT'S NOT OUR WAR.....HERE WE GO AGAIN, WE'VE LEARNT NOTHING.
Seems you've learnt nothing either,we sat around in the late 30s tut tutting while Hitler took the Sudanterland,Austria, spreading out his empire...in the end we were forced to take action but like WW1 we were woefully unprepared...

It may well be the case that the thing that doesn't work in the Middle East is the nineteenth century European concept of the Nation State.

But the western powers are tied into it and continue to demand that all societies behave like "Nations".

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
It may well be the case that the thing that doesn't work in the Middle East is the nineteenth century European concept of the Nation State.

But the western powers are tied into it and continue to demand that all societies behave like "Nations".

Or at the very least allow every member of those 'states' to have a say in their nation/region and their own futures and aspirations.

.....or do you think that this basic right of a member of the human race should be denied to some just because their society is structured differently to others?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was talking with a very well educated arab today. He believes all of their countries need to be governed by strong dictators like Sadam.

No shit. Somebody in a privilaged position approves of the system that bestowed him that privilage. Go figure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here